Current state of the PVP Healer

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Daarkstar, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Fetish Well-Known Member

I'm not okay with it at all...I'm rolling a Templar anyways, but she will be leveled up and shelved until the game wants something other than Druid heals. So if you are playing your Druid, and you see a poor little evil Halfling Templar /lfg...would you mind if I /af'd behind you?
  2. Peak Nagafun

Because players who were good from T7 to T9+ are going to suddenly be bad when we're talking about T5 and T6? Do you have to work to be as stupid as you are, or does it come to you easily?
    Sheep likes this.
  3. fozzlingreborn New Member

You're like one of those people who quote historical figures as a way to back up your out of context argument. Playing end game pvp for the last several expansion packs as a healer has no relevance to healing in the classic environment. Saying someone is a great healer for ROK and onward is LAUGHABLY irrelevant when you are talking about group pvp dynamics at lv 50.. like completely inane.
  4. Healface Active Member

Im sorry, but what you're saying is complete nonsense.

Healing in the classic PVP will require minimal knowledge and skill, compared to current endgame. In T9+ you have 2-3 times as many utilities at your disposal, which needs to be rotated and timed perfectly. Failing to do so, will result in instant group death. To be honest, it sounds like you haven't played a healer in a competetive scenario before.
  5. Fetish Well-Known Member

But there are people who healed in the classic environment...and who have healed in the recent environment...and who have healed on beta...who know how and why the varied healers work, in all the tiers...that are currently saying the imbalance is not just the important and needed imbalance of rock/paper/scissors/lizard/Spock, but is the imbalance of a game that had evolved 50 levels past level 50 having that evolution ignored when making a TL server.
  6. fozzlingreborn New Member

Yeah and those supposed people are acting like there has ever been a successful solo healing defiler in t5.. NOPE. I locked in t5 for years, and if you ever had anything other than a druid MHing then you had no clue what you were doing.
  7. Healface Active Member

Thanks for your feedback!
  8. Fetish Well-Known Member

Locked at T5 (...did you mean to say level 50?) with PvP gear will not be same as playing on the TL PvP server at 50. I do hope that you choose to attempt repeating your success with the Defiler. I don't want to be alone in wearing metal armor in a sea of Druids... =(
  9. Des hen Member

Awww boo, not a single response from the devs....sounds like the EQ2 devs we are all used to playing with. This is a serious issue and needs to be addressed ! I remember wanting to roll any healer BUT the druid back in the day, but failed so many times because of the cast speed....druid >>>>>> other healers in PvP, and it only needs a slight twinking to change that.
  10. fozzlingreborn New Member

You can't use pvp gear in exile BRAH.
  11. Daarkstar Active Member

Starting to get annoyed now, devs avoiding this topic like it's the plague.

Don't shoot yourselves in the foot, when all those old players come back and roll clerics/shamans to fill gaps in their guild then discover they are essentially useless they won't be paying for that second month....
  12. Kendayar Active Member

oh boy here we go. eq2's mechanics are so complicated and hard guise. you gotta be a PhD with 15 years minimum exp at an accredited guild to push buttons.

if you can [X] in eq2 now but can't [X] in TLE you were always a bad (mediocre at best) [X] point blank period.
  13. Dudo Member

I think you read what he said wrong because I did the same thing at first. He's saying that there never was a successful solo healing defiler at 50, and any PvP group that was anything had a druid main healing. Which kind of proves everyone's point that it's broken but he sees it as working as intended cuz classic.
  14. Fetish Well-Known Member

My bad...thanks. Anyways, he kinda confirmed he wasn't playing at 50...wonder what tier he is going to lock at now?

I just hope that the final update notes are posted before the servers are opened up tomorrow.
  15. Malorik Member

You guys should look at the EQ1 TLP servers and their threads. They don't do anything to fix the issues over there. There are literally 20-30 mage armies ran by 1 person running around eating up all the named bosses and they don't do anything.

What makes you think they're going to do anything in EQ2 to balance out this?
  16. Glida Active Member

THERE ISNT ANY T1/T2 TEMPLAR/INQUIS HC or MC PLATE ARMOR....WTF. PLEASE FIX!
  17. Kendayar Active Member

yeah except pretty much everybody that plays eq1 is boxing and they balance content accordingly
  18. cygnus New Member

I rolled a defiler on pvp tle server and must say this thread is rather discouraging . I have a question regarding the ward or reactive heals. What would be the consequences of removing the expiration timer on these spells. Why couldn't a ward or reactive be up till its used up.
  19. Papablaze Member

Servers population of healers outside of druids is entirely empty. Think I saw my first inquisitor on the Q side the other day, gave him a master I hadn't been able to sell for a week. Balance is necessary for continued longevity of the pvp server, without effecting the mechanics of the game as a whole the only way to achieve that is to tone down a druids effectiveness in comparison.

Make us scouts a little less broken while we're at it, I shouldn't be able to solo Varsoon as a 34 troub.
  20. domo Member

I play a 42 Inquisitor in a prominent guild on Deathtoll. Due to the lack of Inq on the server, most of my spells are master level and my gear is current to my level. Here are my experiences:
    PvE:
    It gets old hearing groups I join mention that their druid had no troubles healing the tank in this group last night. Wardens must get a in-combat power regen buff as theirs is nearly double mine outside of gear and racial abilities. In my discussions with druids they have faster cast times and heal for more for the same power cost yet regen power much faster in-combat.
    PvP:
    As stated ad nauseam we have long cast times and get frequently interrupted. It shames me to admit that I've been killed by grey con PvPers. We're easy to interrupt and can't out heal their damage not to mention do damage back.

I'm a realist and know this may be complicated to fix and you hope we level past it and stop complaining. But KoS and AAs could be 6mo away and the only clerics that may still exist are the ones in the MT group for PvE raids.

Outside of my group buffs, the disparity between cleric and druid healers is significant enough that it should be addressed.