Critical Mitigation Removed

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Lader wrote:
    HM mobs are not killed because guilds are bad, not because they don't have the crit mit.

This really won't change much in terms of progression.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Callur@Crushbone wrote:
    There is choice. When you're first breaking into content with the lowest gear possible, you need all those crit mit adorns. As you gear up you need them less until you start breaking into the next level of content.
    By the looks of it, all they're going to do is change it so that you need that HP instead. Only since the hp gained with gear is miniscule, you'll probably have LESS choice now with having to run hp adorns.
  3. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

They arn't killed cause it requires having a roster of 24 people that know ins and outs of there class.. and those of which have to like to beat there head against a spiked wall for countless hours waiting for the perfect pull where everythign goes in favor and no one dies below 50%.. ? :p There isn't many people left that will fit into that.
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    We need Refunds for these please.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tempted Guest

I am starting to think you guys may be panic or yelling for nothing. This is how I see it.

If you are a raider and already immune to crit via having enough crit mit this change will not effect how you do encounters at all. You will still get hit for the same amount as before just you wont need the crit mit.
    Those same raiders are now free to custom thier own gear with whatever adorns they want.
    For lesser geared raiders they will be able to do content thier raid force no longer had the crit mit for, it will still be hard for them because they have less gear less hp less dps ect. But thier raid will no longer be one shot by the first aoe critting on them.
    The mobs are not being adjusted save for the crit bonus removed from them. So as far as this change, its equal to just having max crit mit value for every single mob nothing more nothing less.
  6. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

What I want to know is:
    What mechanic will SoE use to keep a PUG raid of Ry'Gorr wearers out of Drunder HM?
    If crit mit is being removed, what mechanic will replace it? If its just more HP required by the crit mit adorns you're replacing, you might as well just keep crit mit in.

A compromise of it not being removed *entirely,* but a requirement only for HM zones with it still dropping on EM+ gear and available as adornments would be preferred.
  7. ARCHIVED-Notask Guest

This is going to be all screwed up if not done right...Like a fellow Eq2 players said to me today. It will either make or break the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    Nah, I think its just cause they finally realized its not fun, and the threads around here about how painful the gearing of recruits is was the catalyst to get something done about it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tempted Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    Thier will be no false mechanic. People in that type of gear still wont be able to do the raids due to needed higher heals per second, dmg per second and tanks geared enough to take the hits.
    Now a solid raid force could now recruit a rygorr person gear them some so they have some crit chance and make them stand max range now. That way the whole raid force does not need to farm EM and some HM for 2 weeks gearing them up.
    But as far as PuG the standered mob mechanics and strats will take care of that. I think that hard core raider need not freak out thinking "thier" zones will be overrun by scubs setting up camp and pitching tents.
  10. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Please define "soon" so we can maximize our scheduling.
  11. ARCHIVED-LadyEdderkopp Guest

Tempted wrote:
    That's part of the problem, in one of my raidingguilds we are now at a "gear up phase" because we don't have the collective crit mit to get the next mob in our progressionlist down, this will no longer be a issue. Classes with a lot of innate hp will be able to do content with a lot less gear.
    People with not enough hp for a zone just needs a shaman to ward that extra 10k or so to prevent a oneshot.

This will completely turn the whole current raid progression upside down.
  12. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    ^^^ so so true ^^^
  13. ARCHIVED-kahonen Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    They're not gonna need a mechanism. Once the wingers and whiners realise how hard these zones are, even without needing crit mit, they'll not go back and just wait for the next round of the nerf bat.
    It's time for them to find out once and for all that it's not just crit mit that has kept them from progressing and kept them out of HM zones. Now they'll get a chance to realise just how much more there is to these zones and that they do actually need to understand their class and how it works.
    Wait and see, a week after the patch they'll be back here crying it's too hard and why do the mobs hit so hard.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xzerius Guest

The heck with health increases for existing CM adorns. Give us our shards back !!!!! I would have bought something far better for adorns in the first place and long ago if CM wasn't such the huge neccessity. I certainly wouldnt have wasted plat and shards on hit point boosts. Remove our old adorns and allow us to sell them back so we can buy something more worthwhile ! ! ! !
  15. ARCHIVED-Ghlom Guest

I understand you are trying to please the most people when you make changes.
    I understand you are in business to make money.
    but, like SWG before, it seems you are trying to please the most people who complain.
    The silent masses who are happy with the game, who never back down from a challenge and who keep returning to play regardless of what you change are getting unhappy. We are here for the challenge, not to kill time killing x number of mobs and have our gear modified beyond recognition in the interest of "fairness" to those unable to cope with challenges. If people cant develope the skills to play the game "as is" dont dumb down the game, educate the whiners.
    If I could I would rewind the game back to when crafting was a special skill, that only dedicated players pursued. I would give back all the little oddities that made each character distinct, like SK's needing intelligence because they are spell casters. Sure, we have adapted to what you have done to the game, but the less challenging it becomes the less I and others like me are entertained by it.

When you take away Crit Mit, and you will, I hope you have something in mind for the "new" mechanics that will result. Whatever it is, I think changing all our Crit Mit adornments to health adornments is a bad idea. remove them and return us the items to replace them with new adornments of our choice.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lady Nocturnal Guest

Can we get gear unattuned and unadorned to swap things around accordingly?
  17. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

kahonen wrote:
    Bingo!
    This is very true, but on the same token, I know my own guilds progress has been greatly hampered by the time required to gear recruits, etc.
    With skill returning to the primary factor in progression, I'm confident we'll get more stuff dead.
  18. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

kahonen wrote:
    I hope you're right =/ I'm not sure they could nerf Drunder any more than they already have except to have every mob lay down and die upon zone in so we can loot chests.
    I can totally see this for heroic zones and maybe even EM raids, but HM raids? It gets a little sticky.
    And after the reitmization debacle just a few months ago, I'm not sure I want them to touch my gear again............
  19. ARCHIVED-resiler Guest

Whine whine (two-thirds of the posts I've seen here). Go cry hardmode tears. The implication of the removal of crit mit is that we can now put other adorns in those slots, not that anything will change in raids. The admittedly optimistic view is that, for a raid that fully meets the crit mit barrier, their experience will be exactly the same after it's removed. Can't kill the mob now because there are too many simians failing a coordination or DPS check and not enough sophisticates? You'll keep failing to take it down.

Got an app, take him/her somwhere and see what they can do with what they have rather than 1) "Oh, you weren't a raider BEFORE, so you don't don't have enough of one stat. Next!" or 2) "Ok, let's get the noob geared up so he has enough gear and shards to have enough of one stat." That's a bigger recruiting pool and faster induction of new raiders (who demonstrate an ability to listen and think, not just bang their head on the keyboard)

Casuals, or average raiders for that matter, aren't being invited to waltz into HM and pick up free loot, we're just seeing the removal of a boring, mechanical throttle. I worked my tail off to get 260% and I'm happy with my main, but I'm going to jump like a trained pig on OTHER adorns (unless the HP boost is outstanding). OTHER! Not-CM. Weird...
  20. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

You're still going to need a certain amount of crit chance to kill things.
    And you know what else? I wouldn't be surprised if they remove colored slots entirely.
    They already don't have them on say, EoW weapons. They've said they dislike the War Rune mechanic.
    They're probably going to phase out red/yellow adornments entirely.