Critical Mitigation Removed

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Irgun Guest

As long as players with crap gear get oneshotted trying to raid content they dont have the stats for, I agree its a good change
  2. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Crit avoidance should be removed. I'm kinda surprised they aren't announcing that they're removing it here, considering the similarities to crit mit.
    It is kinda funny how we told them crit avoidance was redundant with crit mit in DoV beta, and now they're keeping crit avoidance but removing crit mit.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tempted Guest

Jasminia@Blackburrow wrote:
    this plz
  4. ARCHIVED-Notask Guest

Meridia@Crushbone wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    So what would we do with that extraneous crit chance that's on gear? Outside adorns, I have a metric buttload of crit chance. Critical avoidance is what requires you to have a certain level of critical strike chance.
    They're not getting rid of it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Silius Guest

Just to clarify some confusion.

• Crit mit as a mechanic is being removed.
    • NPC crit bonus was countered by crit mit and we are reducing crit bonus to 0 across the board.
    • Critical avoidance is staying around. Critical avoidance is an NPCs way of contesting your chance to critically hit them.
    • Replacing the adornments with HP is not to compensate for anything. Since the critical mitgiation stat is no longer useful we are converting to a stat that benefits all players.
    • The goal is for this change to not change the difficulty of the encounters. This is why we ask that you all take some time to log on to test once we push it there. We plan on having this on test by the weekend.

Note: NPC crit bonus may be used in the future on a case by case bases and will be considered in the balance of the encounter so that crit mit is not required.
    If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Repel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Critical avoidance(the buff mobs get that requires you to have over 100% critical strike chance to crit on them 100% of the time) is not the same as critical mitigation.
  8. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Silius wrote:
    If we all log onto Test and try it out, will y'all double dog pinky swear to read the feedback, open discussion, and tweak where necessary?
  9. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Vlahkmaak@Nagafen wrote:
    Well last week they pushed something to test at about 6 PM and put it live the next day, I honestly think that SJ cares even less about anything that is not SC these days so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this go live Thursday, or maybe next Tuesday, after all they really thought long and hard about it. It has to be true because of the great detail that he posted about what will be done with buffs that do crit mit.
    • Buffs and debuffs that have Critical Mitigation elements to them will have those elements replaced with other elements instead, so that those buffs/debuffs do not lose effectiveness
    See they thought about this stuff so long and hard that no examples were provided here, so they will probably just slap some +295 HP on buffs and be done with it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tempted Guest

Silius wrote:
    Let me sum that up. Stop crying, scrubs wont invade your HM land lol.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    What's the point, if it doesn't brun the server farm up it will go live Tuesday and get tested there like everything else.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dart56 Guest

Doesn't crit over 100% directly transfer into a % of CB?
  13. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

thank you.

hope to see gear checks in the future be based on performance ie. dps checks and "skill checks" like VS (rok) or something along those lines that rewards focus and timing.
  14. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Anti-crit needs to stay and it is more linear as far as fail conditions since everyone has 100% crit practically.
    The game will return to more of what it was, a slippery slope of gear + script knowledge + clever usage of the combinations of abilities in your group.
    Removal of CM was the right choice.
  15. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Dart56 wrote:
    no but there is a small CB bonus for level. ie. the higher your level over your targets the higher your crits/hits will be.
  16. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Meridia@Crushbone wrote:
    Allow it to be reforged? /shrug
    It's kinda a bad idea to have this whole progression mechanic in place just to justify having gear with a lot of crit chance.
  17. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

=-) Now you need to make all stats mean something again to all classes!!
  18. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Gravy wrote:
    the impact of buffs/debuffs is geometric. it impacts game agressively as even small advantages are obtained.

to combat server lag, eq2 originally wanted to get rid of SF gear procs. simplifying the game mechanics is a design choice. if you dont trust the company thats fine, but you dont know everything they do about eq2, and you likely have less wisdom making decisions even if you were in-the-loop. freeing up server processing power can be a good thing. this metric (crit mit) was decided to not suit eq2s interest by the devs. my thoughts on (hp/cm/resists) vs just (hp/resists) is that pets shared stats will become more important, since hp-cm-resists is simplified into 2 stat for survival hp-resists. will their survivability scale with the simplification, will players new hp adorns impact pets? sounds like necros are about to get very happy or all pet classes are about to be sad.

my preference is for scaling content where each expansion has niche and is atleast slightly relevent at max level. DoV could have been the crit mit content you had to specialize in to conquer. atleast its still the crit chance content. maybe SF should become the CM content. if there was some other mechanic added to SF and some best-in-slot gear added to loot table, it would make t9 much more fun imo. the fact guilds can skip trakanon to master yael without skipping a beat is sad. i wanted to kill yael, never did, and likely never will, simply because scripts make pug very hard and hardmode raiders want to do current content only.

IMO "been-there-done-that" content progression has less replay value than niche. at the very least, SF should drop amazing powerleveling gear that DoV simply cant compete with.
    SF for powerleveling.
    TSO raids rescaled to 90 should drop gear to solo level 80 raid content like PR->trakanon.

on my server ppl run pug raids for DoV. there is no niche incentive to run other raids. maybe it gets lore dirty having reason to kill mobs that are technically already 'dead' in the lore sense, but it doesnt waste content. it also creates foundation reason to separately charge ppl for expacs, like how DoV/AoD currently is, back into SF, TSO. they are irrelevent, every day more so as powerleveling gets faster and gear gets grey 10 minutes after you attune it.

my only beef is that announcement was framed as 'past tense' (critical mitigation removed). Im glad they gave warning it was coming. Dropping game mechanic without warning it bad, i guess they just wanted to squelch anyone from thinking they could persuade smokejumper to keep CM in game.
  19. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    VS wasn't a skill check.
    Monitoring your power isn't a skill. It's being able to see and read a percentage on your power bar.
  20. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    So how do you propose they give you a gating mechanic?
    Let me guess, you're one of those guys that thinks you should be able to bring the new guy in legendary gear into HM?