Critical Mitigation Removed

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

I have one concern about this. Currently critical mitigation is a shared stat between pets and pet classes. Health is not. Once critical mitigation is removed from the game pets will become extremely squishy and it will hit all pet classes hard. Please put the health values as shared stats for pet classes so that we don't have to reroll to another class. Thank you.
  2. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Mogrim wrote:

Yeah, put in that 40 hours of plat grinding a week so you can get that SLR gear, lowbies!!
  3. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

i'm kind of wowed.. People can't figure out if people are good without a crit mit number? 286 myself.. so i'm good
  4. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yep, they will pigeon hole us back with having to get all crit mit adorns for the hp increases we will need to survive the aoes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

Would also be nice if you could out right resist an ae. once in a while..
  6. ARCHIVED-Anklesteiner Guest

Crit Mit was a mechanic that actually challenged players to move forward through the games content as a team. The past few years, Crit Mit has been heavily inclusive into the content of EQ2, and now...they're going to remove it? Do you honestly believe with such a massive change to the game that Sony is going to do it flawlessly? How long has it been since raid mobs have been double casting AOE's without a fix? 5 months? Something as game changing as Crit Mit removal is going to create a plethora of problems because of Sony's inability to actually do anything properly. You have to remember how important of a stat Crit Mit was, and how all content from the past 3 years has been heavily designed around it.

But whatever. I hate the change for various reasons, and the casual players will love it. The funny thing is for casual players, as EQ2 gets more and more easy for them, they will still find things to complain about, and still suck at everything. I'd imagine that Critical Avoidance is the next stat to be removed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Friggles Guest

So my Crit mit adornments will be replaced with a hipoint adornment. That sucks. What a waste of shards. Maybe remove the yellow adornments and give us our shards back so we can buy something more suitable.
  8. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

They should 'pop off' all crit mit adorns and give us back the shards for them.
  9. ARCHIVED-zolltin Guest

Here is an idea, take the amount of adornment (7% for red, 5% for yellow) and slap those directly onto the gear and remove the crit mit adorn. Then give an adornment reset and change all current crit mit adornments to tokens for 1 free armor adornment for each removed crit mit adornment "taken"
  10. ARCHIVED-khiahh Guest

Removed and replaced with hp? Seriously just replacing one bad idea with another. The game seems to be more and more wowafied, no thinking at all more and more. I liked the old idea of all stats agil, wis, stam etc doing something for all classes we had to actually look at gear and decide what we needed or wanted and could make each class more different. Was really bummed when that was simplified. Didnt really like the whole idea of needing cm on every adorn slot, again not much thinking there just slap cm on every adorn slot and your gtg. Remove cm and just replace it w hp? So now instead of having a goal of cm to get to the next zone just a goal of 100k hp? bah.. whatever. Give some more thought into this please.. Either not removing it all together or offering a better replacement. And like wardens who have a cm buff you gonna replace that w hp too? Come on eq2 stood out on its ability to make each class different and some thought process went into classes and abilities.. if I wanted simplicity I would play WoW or some other boring game.. please give this a bit more thought into what replaces it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Addomortis Guest

do we get our shards and plat back from buying CM adorns? (wishful thinking)
  12. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Madie wrote:
    We'll probably be required to have those stupid amounts of HP to survive bosses.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Mogrim wrote:
    You know I don't even raid any more and I think this really sucks for all of you raiders who worked so hard to get geared up for zones, what is all that work for when they turn around and remove it totally, what stat will is next to be removed after people have worked hard to aquire it?
    Critmit means nothing to me because I don't play that part of the game, but others do and this is a kick in the you-know-what for them.
    PS. I want a refund or a choice in how the CM adorns and gear I do have is changed, not just a blanket change to HP.
    Oh and Mogrim wtb spoon!
  14. ARCHIVED-Anklesteiner Guest

This is also a major slap to the face to all raiders who have put in a tremendous amount of time, work, and effort over the past year.
  15. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Temp +20k hp potions will appear on market place just in time for this change..cha-ching!
  16. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

i would put money on.. they are designing loot for the new raid/heroic zones.. and have no where to go with the crit mit stat.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dart56 Guest

The reason we raid hard mode content is because it is, well, hard. How about we keep the challenge for hard mode content and require crit mit in those zones, and remove it from all easy mode zones, but keep the values on gear? This way we keep all the people who don't understand mechanics of real raid zones out of them, but still give them content to raid.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

Friggles wrote:
    Please. Let us choose what we want to replace our current choice of adornment!
    We put Crit Mit on there because it was needed. With the removal of Crit Mit, maybe we want Crit Chance, Potency, or whatever is currently available. A return of the currency used to purchase them or an NPC who can "exchange" any critical mitigation adornment for any choice that is currently allowed. To delegate it to health / hitpoints because its 'easier' on the dev's is not fair to the players.
  19. ARCHIVED-LadyEdderkopp Guest

The whole "I want my money back" thinking for crit mit adorns is a bit .. strange.
    It's going to be changed into hp, you got crit mit to live now you will need hp instead so why would you change it? Is this to ensure you always have to have a shaman in your group?

I'd like some more info on this, is mob crit hit going to be removed completely or are the crit amount going to be decreased?
    I think it's a bad idea, especially since my tank, a berserker, have no unique way of increasing it's hp.. No buffs, no AA's, nothing. And now crit mit is removed, the one thing my zerker could actually get :)

It will be fun to see how this effect non-warding classes, a boost of hp should be good for them. More info and some clarification please.
  20. ARCHIVED-luinnil Guest

As a raid leader working on moving through Hard Mode who is tired of there being adornment spots on gear if the requirement is they all have to be crit mit anyway, all I can say is 'finally'.
    I am however mildly nervous about whether the change will be made without instead requiring all those crit mit adorns to just stay as the HP ones they turn into.
    I don't give a crap if people can suddenly kill a few mobs they couldn't, but I highly doubt people are just going to be steamrolling content as most of it is about much more than whether you have the magic crit mit number. People with crap gear are still going to die all over the place since 30k hp isn't enough to survive AEs, and sometimes the 65k I have as a plate healer with ambrosial stuff isn't enough either.
    There should be actual choice in yellow/red slot adornments and right now there simply is not. For that reason alone this is a good change.