Critical Mitigation Removed

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

***This change is now on Test***
    We’ve listened to all of your conversations since Critical Mitigation was originally introduced. The dev team has extensively debated about it internally. (Very extensively.) But ultimately, we decided that the right move for EQII is to remove Critical Mitigation entirely from the game.

Critical Mitigation initially seemed to do what it was designed for, but it has always suffered from a complete lack of intuitiveness for players, and it’s not a forward-extensible system. Ultimately, it doesn’t add any fun factor to the game.

So we’ve decided that a complete removal of it is by far the best solution for all concerned.

Here are the details:
    • Critical Mitigation (the stat) has been removed from the game.
    • Critical Mitigation no longer displays on the Character pane (for obvious reasons, since it’s no longer in the game).
    • NPCs no longer use Critical Bonus to add to critical damage.
    • Buffs and debuffs that have Critical Mitigation elements to them will have those elements replaced with other elements instead, so that those buffs/debuffs do not lose effectiveness.
    • Critical Mitigation values on adornments will be replaced with hit point values instead.

NOTE: This change has no effect on PvP game play. The “PvP Critical Mitigation” stat is still useful for game balance in PvP play and is not being changed.
  2. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

YAY!!!! /blinks.. we can actually choose to put adorns on other then cm!! We don't need a second set of gear just for crit mit!?!?! pushing farming times even longer ?!?!
    /faints I have choices again!
    It's not april fools is it?
  3. ARCHIVED-Madelaine Mae Guest

Wow!
    Wish I could get back all those shards I spent on red crit mit adorns, but I still have enough to do plenty of new red adorn shopping
  4. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

wait a sec :/ the crit mit values on gear current gear? what are you doing with that?
    I'm thinking let us reforge them ourselves.. just open reforging a little more to have more options.
    I don't think i'll be happy long if i see my crit mit changed to wisdom or something crazy on my fighter bp.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lader Guest

love this announcement. now we dont have to go back to older raids to gear up recruits.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lossewen Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Please, from a warden's point of view, don't mess up the buff you give us instead of Critical Debilitation.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

OMG!
    Wait, is it April 1? <pinches self>
  8. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I'm curious, How will this affect *the little guy*. As in, non-radier, non-mega geared person. We are basically trolling in the easier beginning DOV instances, but mostly because we want to run 3 people, 3 mercs and scripting is too heavy in many zones to not have 6 real people and not, I assume, because of crit mit. Will we see any progression in our eq2 experience. I'd love it, we've felt so down-trodden for so long, but am not clear enough on crit mit to know it it affected our progression.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Sounds like a quick fix to get Plane of War opened up.
    Those details are not really details, they are short little blurbs, if this has been debated extensively internally there must be more information than this.
  10. ARCHIVED-Madie Guest

Three cheers for making it so any noob can have the stats to raid yet again.. You basically handed them Rygor gear, that many of us worked very hard to earn.. Now we can't even check CM as a way to know if people "actually" know how to set their toon up.. and Live.. Wooooo Hooo /rolls eyes
  11. ARCHIVED-Piekeyrog Guest

Do I get all my plat/shards refunded for all the adorns I had to buy :p
  12. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    Reread the post again.
    • Critical Mitigation values on adornments will be replaced with hit point values instead.
    I don't think you'll need to worry about having wisdom showing up on your fighter gear, or anything else, at this point.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    If you want to run 3 people and 3 mercs then run easy zones, I don't see the point here beyond you saying "Make the zones easy enough so we can do it with 3 people and 3 mercs, because we don't want to run with 6 people we want the extra gear that the mercs do not take any part of."
  14. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Yep. More evidence of what I posted earlier:

Don't think the game is broken? Ask yourself, how come nearly update post DoV included a nerf of DoV zones? Because they were broken and rather than fix them, SoE just made them a bit easier. Then a bit more easier. Then a bit more easier....

Crit Mit was a broken mechanic from the start. They tried to compensate by nerfing DoV zones from almost day 1. They got to the point where they couldn't nerf much more so they had to pull it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Madie Guest

Why not refund the plat/shards that was spent on CM adorns... I'd be less inclined to put HP adorns on my healer then I was CM... sooooo If I could kindly just get my raid shards and plat back to pick what I want? Thank you
  16. ARCHIVED-Hanonu Guest

Why not, instead of removing it completely, just lower the needed amounts necessary for zones? Or increase the amounts on adorns and gear and make some of it slightly more accessable for the guilds/people who dont raid 4-6 times a week?
    Just a suggestion *shrug*
  17. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Remember to change item procs that buffed critical migitation during this sweep, too! (specifically, Sentinel's Fate items)
  18. ARCHIVED-rudders11 Guest

I liked the idea of critical mitigation, it allowed me to aim for something before i entered a new dungeon.
    So what happens now? In the form of dungeon progression i mean, can we literally wander into drunder zones of the bat?
  19. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    Basically, it means that crit mit requirements will no longer be a barrier to casual players for accessing the Kael or Drunder instances -- which will be more heroic choices for your 3-man/3-merc group. It also means that raids will have a much easier time of gearing up new members who begin with heroic/crafted gear -- no more farming EM!
    I'm glad I checked the forums today -- my "to do" list for today included buying 7 crit mit adorns for a new Warden alt!
  20. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

i dont see a prob if it would be removed for heroic content, but for raid? oO there are some items that only have a use for having high critmit on them....