Crate dropped equipment

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xandez, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Skeezie Active Member

Yes, 7 to 1 for all tiers. One token for each item (foot token for boots, glove for glove, etc). Turn in 7 tokens to get one item - same tier (cryptic tokens get you a cryptic piece, arcane to arcane, etc.). Tokens are heirloom.

I'm loving it.

Edit: merchant is beside the quest armor exchange guy.
  2. Tigerr Well-Known Member

So, guessing this goes in next patch?
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

4. Griffinhart Member

Great to see this! Though, I think 5:1 would be better.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I didn't understand that it was 7 of the same item... 7 gloves for one glove. That makes the price just a tad high. Although I do think I have three or four pairs of potent brawler gloves...

I thought it would be 7 mix and match... :S
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Now I can see myself, with 6 pairs of useless gloves, rooting for the 7th pair of useless gloves and getting the gloves I need on that 7th try haha...
    Ranga likes this.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

Well the fact the tokens are heirloom will give you a reason to keep running instances on your main to gear up your alts.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Seven is expensive but since apparently token are not related to the armor material
    we will be able to mix plate/leather and mail glove tokens.

Great chance and finally a way to get alts equiped.

I would like 4 :1 for AS, 5:1 or 6:1 for arcane and 7:1 for potent.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Indeed, my Zerker's bags overfloweth with enough crap that my Pally is a happy camper and then some...but little else that works for any of my other 95's. This means running all of them through the quests/ dungeons, hence more bags that overfloweth w/ crap ;)

This is not complaining, but constructive criticism, as several in our guild that work have simply gone back to other games, In COE, for example, you could outfit one toon well, run content and get drops for your alts. There was also the option to buy pieces off the broker. This forces those with limited game time to run the questline repeatedly, to outfit each toon. It is not an alt-friendly expac, which would also possibly curtail the sale of additional Heroic Characters: Make another new toon and you MUST run it through everything in ToV, in order to gear up.

ROFL, unless they have a Bag Overfloweth Sale: "Want something to do with all that extra gear...Create a new toon for the low, low price of...." :D

Yes, SLR hampered the game immensely (hurt grouping, etc), but has the fix done more damage than the problem?

Kitty
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

This change is very alt-friendly. The trade in tokens are heirloom, meaning that your main can exchange in all their unused gear (especially if they're in potent or raid gear already) and the alts can pick them up and trade them in for gear. Yes, it won't be 1-to-1, but it's something.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Awesome news. 7 is a little high but no big deal. Gives me a reason to run zones on characters I have already geared up also (although I'm not at that point just yet).
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Amusingly i'm now getting very often useless jewelry ....

Could we trade jewels for tokens too ? Same token than the armor we would get if we were not unlucky getting a jewel ...

Since we get jewel half of the time, the current price is indeed around 14 run for 1 armor piece.
  13. Rarespoon Member

So can it be 7 pair of any arcane gloves or does it have to be 7 arcane gloves of rediculous reuse speed? Sorry if I missed that, just sort of skimmed it.....:(
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

7 Pairs of Arcane Gloves. specific set doesn't matter, only Type and Tier.
  15. Rarespoon Member

You da man, Estred, thanks for the info
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

So, theoretically, I can mix the Arcane/Potent stuff I get from multiple characters, like leather and chain, as long as it's the same slot, correct?
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

If so, where is said vendor? I've tried used the Vaesna's Item Exchange tokens and they will not work on my dungeon drop loot, I just moused-over some cryptic and am standing in front of him now. I found an old piece of the quested armor in my bag--from first day--converted that and resulting token is No Trade.

After rolling back through various posts, I've realized this must be a forthcoming update and said NPC must be on Test. My original comment was not about this "change", but about ToV, thus far, from my perspective. Only a portion of my comment was quoted, but the point I was making, was that in trying to fix SLR, they have changed how we loot in the game. I've never been a proponent of SLR in anyway and am glad they are addressing it, but what I was addressing was that running these instances repeatedly for the same drops, just to get the etyma (even with the option to trade loot) loses a component of fun, in comparison to prior expansions (even though I show on board as "new", I've been in-game for years, I choose not to post much). It didn't matter if the sword you looted was for your up and coming Pally or the 2h hammer was for your Warden, it was cool when they popped. Now, run the hive...bracers. Nexus, shields, more shields.... ;)

Kitty
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

Looks like you can mix armor type (leather, plate, chain, cloth) but they must all be the same tier (all cryptic, all arcane or all potent)
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

1) Yes it's an upcoming vendor. Not live yet.

2) There are plenty of chest drops that you can get for alts. And even the mission crate stuff, while the character that did the mission can wear it, there are things that some alts can use also, in both adv solo and heroic.

Examples:

Adv solo chests drop jewellery, adorn patterns and for a limited time, ethereals that can be used by anyone. Nexus AS mission crates can also drop weapons that an alt could use too (but only if your main toon can use as well).

For heroics, all sub-bosses can drop random cryptic armor, random weapons, charms, belts, cloaks, jewellery. The mission crates for some can give additional ranged items or cloaks/belts that are usable by multiple classes (my dirge got a ranged that my bruiser could have used, and my inq got one my coercer could use).
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Not quite unless I am not reading your message correct.

If I have a Defiler and an Assassin (both Chain wearers) I can take Gloves from both characters till I have seven of them. Then I can trade those Seven-Arcane-Chain-Gloves or those Seven-Potent-Chain-Gloves and exchange them for a token to redeem my choice of an Arcane-Chain-Glove or a Potent-Chain-Glove.

Did that make sense?