Crate dropped equipment

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xandez, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Xandez New Member

Ok, so the adv solo and heroic drops come in crates.
    I understand that maybe it has something to do with the SLR thing, but seriously...

Been trying to get my 2-hander from Nexus Core adv. solo.
    I have been using a merc a lot, but got a SK partner last time and... i got 1h sword drop and he got 2h hammer drop. Let me say that it didnt feel good when i realised that we cant swap the weapons :(

And its not just the weapons. Been getting lots of monk leather pieces for my warden (ones with + block/parry/etc)... actually none upgrades (yet!). I have been saying to myself to be patient and that i will get the gear i want, eventually.

But still, why dont you atleast get rid of those crates and let the gear drop in chests so we can SL... err i mean trade them between the ppl who were with us in the instance. :cool:

Thx, peace and out.
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

The crates are fine they just need to put the 48 hour trade tag on the items.
  3. Kander Developer

This is intended. We can try over the next couple weeks to tune what is in the crates, but we will not be changing it or adding 48 hour code to it.

We do not want Advanced Solo players SRL. Intended.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

while you are tinkering with what comes out of the crates could you put a smart loot like system that gives players higher odds of getting an armor upgrade of the same type as the quested armor pieces the player has equipped?

e.g quested ae helmet = higher chance for a looted ae helmet.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Shame you won't put the 48 hour code on them, you still can't SLR the items but at least if what the OP stated happens both people will leave the instance happy instead of annoyed and unhappy.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

I think the crate drop way restricts their ability to make it 48 hr tradable with others in the group. I think that can only be added when the loot comes from a physical chest (the mystery box comes from the chest, not the loot itself that comes from the box).

This was the issue with CoE. The only way to make it work was to make the loot come from a chest, and then you had SLR issues.

It would be great if you could trade it with people who were there, but it wasn't SLRable.
  7. Micca New Member

While I understand the team wants to limit SLR, there's a problem with the armor we're getting now. It's like you get sucker punched for doing these instances multiple times a day, then doing heroics once a day to try to gear yourself up only to get cloth armor with no potency on it, leather armor with no healing stats on it, etc. I know that you guys are trying to give people more of a choice in how to gear their character, that's great. It would be a lot easier though if the actual items we need were dropping. As it stands now, it's really hard for me to balance stats on my warden because every piece of gear she's getting is melee gear and the items are extremely limited on what can be reforged.

If it's intended for hybrids to need 2 sets of armor, then so be it. It would just be nice if both sets of armor would drop equally. I have gotten more tank/brawler gear than I care to admit. Out of all the heroics and advanced solos I've ran, the only "healing" types of items I've gotten was a BP from Lab that I could finagle to resemble healer stats (poorly might I add), and an earring last night from Highkeep heroic.

Kander everyone knows that you guys had a skeleton crew to do the expansion with. We're grateful you guys pushed it through on time. I appreciate your hard work so I don't want this to come across as me just complaining. I like this expansion, I like playing in it. I'm having a lot of fun. It just feels like the loot system could give a little more. I know you guys don't want people getting geared in a week and then being "bored" but if the current gear progression is - Advanced Solo> Heroic> Raids, then it will be 6+ months before people get the loot they need to be viable to their specs with the way the crates are handing out gear now. I can live with getting gear that's "auto attack" heavy, but that and tank gear is ALL I ever see. That seems wrong to me.
    Tylia and Kalika like this.
  8. Extremeties Member

The new loot style myself and friends are very disappointed with. How others have been saying, getting items out of the crates that you want are pretty darn rare and hard to come across. Not only do you have to run them 10395929 times to have a chance at the item you want, if you get a plate item, your stuck with it and cannot transfer it to an alt that doesn't wear that armor type. What was nice about the CoE AS dungeons was that you could pass gear to alts which was awesome. Now, every character is FORCED to run the quest chain to get the gear for the dungeons only to grind those 294959292 times for the gear you need/want only to grind the heroics 2959692 times. So in essence, they made it an even biiiiiiiiigggger grind then it previously was. Not happy with the new looting system. Not one bit.

Also why kill SLR? Let people spend plat on what they want to spend plat on. If you guys can't be creative and come up with ways to have plat sinks, Than don't penalize the players only because you guys can't come up with ways for players to spend plat in the game. That's your guys' fault. Not ours. It's not good customer service by killing ways of spending plat only because you want more ppl to buy krono.
  9. Xandez New Member

Did nexus today 5 times, 4 times out of five my SK buddy got a 2-hander and i got a 1-hander. He would have wanted a new 6s delay 1-hander to replace the quested one and i would have really wanted just about any 2-hander.

1 time i got some other eq which was not an upgrade either.

While i fully understand why you dont want the SLR galore, please could you try to work out something to makes this a little less painful, Thank You. :rolleyes:
  10. Cappen Member

A 2-h weapon just needs to be added to the barter merchant to replace the 1-h that no healer wants. Gives us plenty of choices for everything else but pigeonholes us into 1h only, makes no kind of sense.
    Tylia, Mermut and Regolas like this.
  11. Kaladz Active Member

It wouldn't be good if the crates dropped the item you wanted the first time as it would kill some of the re-playability. Nothing wrong with it taking a few tries to get the item you are after.
  12. Micca New Member

No but there's a difference between a few tries and taking 3 days. I'm all for "re-playability" however, this is tedious, monotonous and not fun (the gear grind, not the expansion). I shouldn't have bags full of tank gear from crates before getting 1 leather priest item that is actually an upgrade for heals. I'm fine with mixing and matching my gear. I don't expect to have all dps stats or all heal stats, I'm working with a mix of both now on my Warden. I like it that way, but I've got far more dps pieces than I need because that's all I can get to drop. It really shouldn't be that way. Yesterday I ran all the adv solos, 0 healing gear, every piece tank/dps stats. In Highkeep the Arcane armor from the crate was tank stats. What the heck am I supposed to do with all this tank gear? Maybe I should make a monk, the game is telling me so I guess. Anyway, those results are not just 1 day since the expac launch, it's been like that every day. This should change.
  13. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I am so burnt out with this expansion already.

I play a shaman. 8 out of 9 pieces of gear I have gotten from running ToV heroics has been pure scout gear.
    Then I go on raids, and I get to bid on chain gear vs. all the scouts... which are one of the most played classes.

My alt is better geared than I am due to itemization this time around.
    Jrel likes this.
  14. Micca New Member

I feel your pain Ree. There should be some definite changes, I know a lot of people are mimicking your burnout. People like the content they just hate the gear drops and itemization. Playing the game would be way more fun if you knew you had more than a small chance to get a piece of armor that you can actually use and need. Where's the gift? Where's the satisfying paycheck now? I feel like I'm working overtime and being paid below minimum wage. Maybe not everyone is having luck so horrid as mine, but I don't even want to run these heroics and solos, because I feel like I'm not going to get anything I need anyway, so why bother?
    Jrel and Ainaree like this.
  15. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind it if it was randomized down to what type of piece will drop and then lets us select from that. At the moment if I want Chain Healer Pants I have to not only hope that it randomizes me up a pants pattern, but a pants pattern with potency as well. If they just let me select when chain pants drop that I can have the healer piece, then that would eliminate a chunk of frustration right there. :)
    Karrane, Kraeref, Xandez and 3 others like this.
  16. Micca New Member

Agree, I'd be happy with a system like that.
  17. Kinya Active Member

I like that you want to limit SLR finally and don;t change it pls. Unfortunately it doesn't help much as some ppl are already soloing Heroic Temple zones and selling loot...

Maybe you could make some kind of patterns dropping from ornate chests, like weapon pattern so at the end person can choose what weapon or wrist he/she wants? So instead of random head we could get chain or leather hat pattern and so on? Not sure how hard it would be honestly, so I am just asking if it would be possible...
    Jrel likes this.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

I think that has more to do with how unchallenged Heroic ToV is outside of Vulakar's Dominion. Halls of the Betrayer and Labs of Mutation are surprisingly easy almost saddeningly so. Chamber of Stasis is a more challenging instance, so I actually ask... please buff the difficulty of Temple of Veeshan to be adequate with it's rewards.
  19. Xandez New Member

QFE

This would be very nice indeed. Let the game give us an option of which pants we get or which weapon we get etc...
    But, for the 48 hr code. It is difficult (althou not impossible) to SLR the gear if it comes from the crate even if it would have the 48 code in it (since you will have to loot the crate before you know what item you get). So imo that would also be one option, althou worse than what Ainaree suggested.
  20. Anastaise Active Member

Or - they could do the same thing they did with the quested gear and let you trade in the crated heroic drop for the piece you can actually wear. I just killed Ahrmatal the Scorcher last night and I have been eyeing those nice caster pants, but no, instead I got stuck with the tank pants instead. I keep getting tank gear over and over, this is getting old.
    Jrel, Athenia, Naudi and 3 others like this.