Crate dropped equipment

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xandez, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

Armor type doesn't seem to matter, according to the eq2 wire. Only the slot (head, chest, shoulders, forearms, gloves, legs and feet) and the quality (cryptic, arcane, and potent). So a total of 21 available tokens. So I can feasibly use unwanted cloth gear from my necro to gear out my warden and Troub at a 7-to-1 ratio.
    Estred likes this.
  2. Caith Developer

Correct, except why would you do that. Necromancers are evil, and should jealously horde all of her preciousessess away from those dirty Hobbi..er Halfflings!
    Kuulei and Mae- like this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh, well that is good to know. I thought it was Type Restricted too and not just slot restricted. Thanks for clarifying that.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Ah, what I meant is if I have say 3 arcane leather gloves and 4 arcane chain gloves, can I trade those in for 1 arcane glove token.

Mae cleared it up nicely, thanks Mae.
    Estred likes this.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

That she did.
  8. petier Active Member

TBH, I'm not all that thrilled with the 7 to one exchange, I guess it is better than nothing, but kinda meh to be honest. I would have like to have seen 7 of one tier gets you 1 of any slot of same tier. My guy that can't seem to get potent boots will still not be getting potent boots since he keeps getting bp's from the box.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I think the reasoning for "must be same slot" is the fact:
    1. You can purchase gear for alts
    2. It prevents you turning in 7 bracers for a BP or Legs
    I would think the only way they could allow 7 of any combination, is putting restrictions such as:
    1. The buyer only sees their class' gear
    2. The buyer must meet the zone-clearing requirements where the slot drops
  10. petier Active Member

I'd rather the restrictions you put up than the way it is now, I'm not joking about not ever getting the boots. I have over 20 bp's so far. As for the alt thing, I don't play to gear up alts... they could fix all this and just give us a pattern to choose from in the box.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Run the Temple of Veeshan zone that drops the boots (halls or labs, I forget), then you won't get the arcane BP.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

And then after you run each zone once or twice and have all your gear, what would you do?
  13. petier Active Member

halls drops boots/gloves...I got a lot of gloves as well..... I know ya may think I'm kidding here but I really am still wearing arcane boots I have no luck on that slot.
  14. petier Active Member

well if I got all the heroic armor, there is still a ton of jewelry, and I'm a crafter as well. Oh and I enjoy the lore quests, so lets say I was able to do all that in the time I play. I would raid, and unless it was a top guild, your looking at a lot of time learning strats.... eq2 is just like eq1, if ya think you have done everything you just haven't looked around you.
  15. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm still wearing Cryptic boots, so I feel your pain.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

Still wearing a cryptic helmet here... and my bracers were not my first choice, but after the third or fourth set of them that I won, I gave up and equipped them.

Trying to get 7 potent helmets together to get the one I want ;) I think I have 5 right now...
  17. petier Active Member

I just wish there was a way to choose to get the boots so I can do the exchange after 7 runs of the daily quest, as it is who knows how long it will be =/
  18. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Ok, not sure if anyone talked about the belts that come from the crate from Halls, but it is really rare that you get those,(and they are the nicest belts!!) at least for me I always seem to get an armor piece instead of a belt, but the one time I did finally get one it was a tank belt with block chance and mit increase on it for my sadness - all my toons are mages :( Also my friend finally got one today, it was a mage double cast one, and he doesn't play mage classes :( I think those should be looked at too, or the weapons that come from Labs crate, I already got 2 two-handers, and would LOVE to trade them in for a 1H.
    Sorry if someone said this before I didn't have the time to read all 10 pages :(
    But I would appreciate it if these were looked at also, thank you :)
  19. Caith Developer

Rare extra drops will continue to be exactly that, rare extras.
    Mae- and Estred like this.
  20. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

It is fine with me if they are extra rare but if they drop could be at least made for the class that completed the mission ?