Crashing Every Time I Zone #2

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ziplock9000, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Ziplock9000 Member

As requested a new thread has been created:

The 2 year old bug "Crash to character select when zoning" has got worse.
    1. It is happening much more frequently, with roughly 1 in 3 zone-ins failing in the last week.
    2. When it does happen, I can't log back on that character no matter how many times I try until I completely close down the game.
    3. There's a secondary issue where I cannot log into certain characters, while others I can.
    4. Same issue exists on different accounts.
    5. This has been reported by many other people in threads that have now been closed.
    I've checked all of the normal tests:
    1. I've done a full file verification
    2. System file scan
    3. QoS tests in my internet connection are fine
    4. DNS tests are fine
    5. traceroute to servers is fine
    6. Zone in zone, the connection is stable
    7. No viruses, malware
    8. Everything is fine at my end.
    There was already a perfect thread on this, but it's just been locked for no good reason.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/crashing-every-time-i-zone.557554/

Related thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...to-get-past-login-server.573012/#post-6382452

Another related thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-to-zone-server-bug-started-7-14-2016.572360/
  2. Jamiss Developer

Thank you. Can you give me:
    • Server
    • Time
    • Zone attempting to travel to
    • Character
    For recent experiences? I am trying to track down what may be the base cause and I will need to be very detailed if I want to be able to present this information or research the issue deeper. Thanks!
  3. Ziplock9000 Member

Server: Skyfire
    Time: Several dozen times over the last week
    Zone: Any and all. GH, ToT Instance, Maldura.. there's no pattern
    Character: All of them on this account

Obviously this is not the detailed information you require. I'll make a log in future of when it's happening and post it here.

Thanks.
  4. Cassiara Member

I can't even log my main in now.

Server: Maj'Dul
    Time: As above, several dozen times. Most recently 22.41pm BST today.
    Zone: All zones, mainly when trying to log characters in. Some are in guild halls, some are in the world.
    Most recently, trying to log Cassiara in Thalumbra
    Character: Cassiara in this case, but struggling to log any of them in

Hope this helps. The problem has got worse over the last couple of days, to the point that I can barely play at all (and invariably the characters I can log in are not characters I generally play!)

Cassi
  5. Jamiss Developer

So, just to make sure I understand, fully, the situation: You attempt to log in or zone and it says "Connecting to zone server" and then you end up back at character select?
  6. Johnndee New Member

7. Johnndee New Member

Yes. For the most part.
  8. Ziplock9000 Member

Character: Keano
    Time: 8:51am BST
    Zone: Guild Hall to GF
    Action: I'd just logged in for the day on Keano. I appeared in my guild hall and took the bell to GFay.. After several moments if what seemed like a pause, I was kicked to character select

Time: 8:53am BST
    Zone: Char select to login
    Action: Unable to log back in, error message " Unable to lock in on char - Server did not respond in a timely manner and may be backlogged. Please try again in a few minutes"

Time: 8:56am BST
    Zone: Char select to login, take 2
    Action: Connecting to zone server hang after 20 seconds or so. Kicked back to char select

This repeats indefinitely until Everquest 2 is closed, including launcher.
  9. Ziplock9000 Member

Character: Baloney
    Time: 10:44am BST
    Zone: Freeport to Agnostic group in Shard of Love
    Action: Did a CoV, got into the zone and kicked to char select once I was actually in the zone, which is unusual. Direct group invite, not via reinforcing.
  10. Ziplock9000 Member

Time: 11:01am BST
    Zone: Freeport to Guild hall
    Action: Tried to CoGH and got booted to char select

Time: 11:02am BST
    Zone: Guild hall
    Action: Attempting to log back in.. stuck at "Connecting to zone server" for ~30s and kicked out

Time: 11:03am BST
    Zone: Guild hall
    Action: Attempting to log back in again.. stuck at "Connecting to zone server" for ~30s and kicked out

Same pattern here, I just can't log back in on that character until I close down EQ2 and the launcher completely. I can however log into other characters. I tried logging back in on the character I had the issue with after successfully logging in on another toon.. it didn't work.. again it needs everything closed down.

As you can see, the logon / KTCS issues are extremely frequent and are hindering gameplay to a high degree. I'm guessing this is enough data for now and I'll stop posting more incidents until requested.
  11. Ziplock9000 Member

It's gotten even worse over the weekend. Quite often now completely closing down the game does not help and it takes 5 or so attempts to get into the game.
  12. Ziplock9000 Member

Any updates with this Jamiss?

It's still happening and it's much worse right now with 90% of zone changes kicking me out on various toons. Even when fully logging out and closing down the game and launcher I can't get back in on some toons after multiple tries.

Do you need more data?
  13. Kindle Heartforge Active Member

You could try deleting your game cache files. Specific character problems can sometimes be tied to the game cache. Deleting them doesn't hurt anything and could fix your issue.

Jamiss, any chance you could ask for a game cache delete button on the launcher? ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Jamiss Developer

I'm still digging on this issue. Nothing appears to be going wrong server side, so it's making it harder to track down. Please send me a PM with a few more recent ones if you wouldn't mind. Thanks!
    Adevil likes this.
  15. Ziplock9000 Member

I've already tried that. My first attempt to zone after that failed.
  16. Ziplock9000 Member

Will do.
  17. Ziplock9000 Member

Ok, I've PM quite a few instances when its happened. It's now so bad at the moment it's most times I zone, making the game almost unplayable.

When it does work, "waiting for zone server" or "connecting to zone server" unnervingly hangs there sometimes for up to 20 seconds and I have 200meg internet and the game is installed on an EVO 850 SSD
  18. Celan Active Member

Zip, I don't know if this might help you, but I had the same issue on my laptop, hanging up etc on every single port. I then found out that one of my memory (2x4GB) sticks had gone faulty and when I took it out, the game ran slower on zoning etc, (obviously due to 4GB only then) but the hang ups stopped.
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

I can confirm this as well. Sometimes half of the entire raid gets it at one time. Considering our travel is typically limited to dungeons and guild halls, that would be a good place to start. LOL
    Ziplock9000 likes this.
  20. Ziplock9000 Member

Not that. I get regular maintenance on all of my equipment. Thx tho