Crashing Every Time I Zone #2

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ziplock9000, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Cataclysm Active Member

That completely depends on what's causing it. It's entirely possible just looking at one case can find the issue.
    I'm an online game developer myself.
  2. Ziplock9000 Member

The very first zone-in of the new xpac into Kelethin from the guild all.. Booted to desktop.

So no updates then?
  3. dkattanw New Member

Halls of Fate
    7:42 AM PST
    Guild Hall
    Hiphoptimus

Can I get moved to another zone by chance? Thank you
  4. Jctho New Member

Same issue happens to me since this Tuesday after patch. Once zoned my character (on Stormhold) was booted to character select screen, tried to get back in and the screen stayed "Connecting to the zone..." and booted to select screen again. Had to re-start launcher and EQ2 (sometimes it said lost connection, wrong password, etc), when successfully logged in and got in the character but when zoned same issue happened again and again.
  5. Jumpity Member

This happens with me and the wife from time to time. We will be grouped, one of us will zone. Say I zone, my screen says Waiting on Zone Server... On her screen it has dropped me from group and says I am link dead. My screen will sit forever at waiting for zone server unless I kill and restart it. Seems to be an issue with a timeout or sync when handing off/switching zone servers.
  6. Ziplock9000 Member

Can we get an official response please or is everyone behind the scenes being PMed and told to send a petition instead where it will just languish and never be fixed.

The silence is deafening.
  7. Jamiss Developer

I will answer you here if you feel like. Since the problem is sporadic from computer to computer it is proving extremely difficult to track down. I asked you to submit a petition so we can hope to track it down utilizing our full team. It is not my intention to leave anyone who is experiencing this in the dark.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

I bet my shiny new mythical BP that's it's a DX9 problem.
  9. Oleary New Member

[IMG]
    Every time I get to adding character to zone...
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've personally noticed hanging or crashing on zoning is more likely to happen to me if Everquest2.exe was updated while I was playing... when I restart the Launchpad, I click on Advanced Tools and and look at the Updated File list, and usually Everquest2.exe shows up.
  11. Ziplock9000 Member

It's bad again today. I got kicked out during the KA signature line's 15m timed quest and I can't get back in. I've been trying for 20 minutes so far.

I also noticed that access to the forums is much slower to. taking up to a minute for a page refresh. Pings to other websites all over the world are fine.
  12. Ziplock9000 Member

Petition submitted.
  13. Nelenerap Member

I get this same error a lot. Usually when zoning into our guild hall.

14. Ziplock9000 Member

It may be related but my in-game ping went to 3000 and I got booted, twice.. I also could not reach the EQ2 website.
    However, pings and tracerouts to BBC, Google and other global domains were fine and rock solid.

Is there an EQ2 server we can ping as the Everquest2.com one has ping response disabled for some strange reason.
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

everquest2.stormhold.com is responding to pings.
    Ziplock9000 likes this.
  16. Ziplock9000 Member

Thanks.