Connecting to zone server bug started 7-14-2016

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Calif, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Calif New Member

As of Weds. 9-14-2016 I am having a weird zoning bug. After 2 or 3 zoning's the game hangs up on "connecting to zone" server. It does not display what zone it is like it normally would while zoning. It just stays there until it takes us to character select. At that point we can try to log into the game but it does the same thing. To fix this we have to log all the way out and log back in again, It does this on 2 different machines as well as my laptop.

First some specs before the inevitable happens: My PC and the wife's PC are both 64 bit Intel Core i-7 3770 @ 3.5 GHz. Mine has 32 GB memory and an AMD Radeon 7570--it had Windows10 fully patched (more on this later) Hers has 16GB memory and an Nvidia GeForce GT 440--Windows 10 fully patched. Laptop is a 64 bit Core I-7 2670 @2.2- GHz with 8 GB memory Windows 10 fully patched- factory graphics. Interenet connection is 50 up and 5 down.

Never had a single issue using these machines for the past 2-3 years--the laptop for almost 5. While we didn't play on the laptop much we played on it enough to know that this is a new bug for us and it is happening on everything. Everything worked like a charm up until this past Weds. when things started getting annoying.

We tried deleting asset cache. login cache, cache and getting rid of eq2maps etc. Still the same thing. Tried doing a fresh install of EQ2-- same annoying thing. Checked forums and only found a couple unresolved posts with similar issues.

Never a fan of Windows 10 and thinking there may have been a conflict of some sort with it I decided to revert my machine back to Windows 8.1 today. Literally the only thing my machine has on it right now is EQ2 nothing else. And guess what? Same zoning issue after a fresh reset to Windows 8.1 fully patched--all driver's updated yadda yadda and a fresh EQ2 install. It is still getting hung up on connecting to zone server. No specific zones just randoms zones as I was checking it today.

Please offer me some insight on how to rectify this annoying bug. Someone on another similar post said a redname found a corrupted sound file that was causing their headache. Could we be having the same issue? I downloaded the new EQ2 install straight from the website. I will say the game is fine once getting into a zone but is a huge headache trying to get into one. :(

HALLLP!

I may be able to get screenshots of what it looks like zoning and what it looks like zoning not too well if that helps at all.

[IMG]
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

This issue has been around a while, and crops up erratically from time to time. So far as I know the only 'fix' is to shut down the game completely (might have to even check the task manager) wait a second, then restart the game.

It's a huge hassle.
  3. Calif New Member

Just a quick update on this. It seemed to have cleared up as of yesterday evening and everything was back to normal.
  4. Uncleheavy New Member

It's back. Connecting to zone server, lalalalala, char select. You have a character in the world bla bla, please go and play something else.
    I frequently only have time to drop ingame for 10-15 mins to smack a few baddies, run a quest or writ or two, before RL claims me again. These days all I achieve in this time is "you can't play".
    I've done the obvious like drivers, running repair utility etc.
    Anything being done to rectify this pile of pants?
  5. Atenado New Member

You not alone... Full reinstallation...No effect
  6. Ykysh New Member

Same thing here, if i login with launcher game stops at connecting to zone on char select screen, if with everquest.exe app
    i can login my character but game throw me to char select after 1-3 zonning.
    I tried run game on 2 different clients(one wihout ui mods), repair both clients, change host file, reinstall os, delete cache and mozilla folders but nothing helps.