Crashing Every Time I Zone #2

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ziplock9000, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Ziplock9000 Member

Can we get an update for this, it's been two weeks and I've went out of my way to log quite a few incidents.
  2. Jamiss Developer

And I appreciate the logging. As I said in your PM it's incredibly difficult to track down client issues when they're not happening to everyone. I am still digging trying to figure out the root cause and what we might be able to do to solve it.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Labruja New Member

There are many of us who are quietly suffering the same fate. We tend not to complain, just log in and carry on, but lately it's been ridiculous. As was stated earlier in this post, it's happening more and more often, not only on live, but on beta too.
  4. Kvalme New Member

Same here. Constantly going to character select on zoning on my main:
    Character - Olaliena
    Server - Thurgadin

But don't have such issue on Mirry on same server.
  5. Cataclysm Active Member

It's bad again this evening. With it happening to 75% of zoning across multiple characters and accounts.
  6. Wilbur New Member

This unfixable issue has been going on for literally years. Some players experience it more often than others.

I invited a new player in and she is being sent to character select an average of 15 times a session, often to the "you still having a character in the game" bs.

Wouldn't people be more inclined to spend money and play if this singular annoying issue was resolved PROPERLY?

Seriously though. There must be a DEV/TECH who can log in from a different location to see if it happens to them.
    Searching server logs and having direct access to the game resources is fine but it doesn't level the DEV to a player environment tbh.

I ALSO have this issue on a weak internet connection at my workplace. But some players are on massive bandwidth and still have the problem.

My Friend LOVES the game and gameplay but it is wearing her down having to SIT and reload then REGROUP every time we change region.

Put a proper team on this and address it please. A recent review I read posted that EQ2 was a great game and ONE issue that dragged it down was SPECIFICALLY this...

TYI

Vokarr
    Ziplock9000 likes this.
  7. Ziplock9000 Member

Out of interest, how many people are running a custom UI and which one.
    Also are you running with EQ2 Maps.
  8. Cataclysm Active Member

9. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

I crash pretty frequently and it does seem to happen more often recently. I am running both DarqUI and EQMaps
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Even though I'm not having issues, more information is good to try to track this down.

I'm having almost zero issues with crashes. It happens only very rarely and I could probably blame most of those on my flakey wireless connection.

Run win 7 , use a personally updated custom UI (mostly minor tweaks to the default) and eq2maps. Full download. Play from the US.

I have characters on pretty much every server, but mostly play on Halls of Fate and Thurgadin. I crash more often when playing on thurgadin.

I really hope they can figure out what might be causing this, and hope it's not a difficult flaw to fix.
  11. Cataclysm Active Member

This has become terrible again with 100% of zones not working. I have 5 accounts, what sort of motivation will I have to get the xpac on them if it's crashing to character select all the time and there's no sort of feedback?
    I'm losing patience here with the lack of action on this problem as are others.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I started having this problem yesterday for me on Skyfire on different characters,.It happens to random zones, during the Heroes' festival quests or other random zones I crash to character select screen. Once I got the message that the zone server didn't respond in a timely manner and it may be backlogged. I can't play :(
  13. Grand New Member

I can't gaming from 10 november. Server Thurgadin, char- Grrand and other,random zones,randon times.Kicked to char select
  14. KyMuP New Member

server Thurgadin, char Sedoy, Anhan.when you try to zoning in Freeport,.kicked to char select.
  15. Cataclysm Active Member

I have a feeling this thread is going to be locked and pushed under the rug. It's essentially being ignored anyway.
  16. Shazan New Member

Been getting exactly the same. Crashes on different characters, going into home, guildhall, various zones, and yesterday it was unplayable as I couldnt go anywhere without it happening. I know its hard to track a problem down, but if the game is unplayable whats the point in having a sub.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it's client side. When an entire raid (or sometimes 14-20 people) gets kicked out of the game when being pulled into a zone, it has nothing to do with a UI. There's got to be some kind of surge of information that's conflicting with connecting to a zone server.

This also happened on beta quite a few times. Every time it happens I'm in a group with 1-23 other people. It happened a lot with advanced solos in Kunark Ascending beta. I have no custom UI on beta.

Everyone I know uses EQ2maps and runs a voice program and ACT in the background. That's probably the only thing we have in common.
  18. Cataclysm Active Member

It's terrible again today. I'm trying to run 3 toons through agnostics and I keep getting kicked out of the game on one of them and it's bugging agnostics. It's taken 45 minutes to successfully get a group into the instance and working.

The game is unplayable.

I've just got this additional message when trying to log in after being kicked out again.

http://i.imgur.com/tpj40TC.png

The server is currently under "light" load btw.
  19. Cataclysm Active Member

It's a shame we can't ping the servers (they have it disabled) to see if it's internet routing related.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm sure its harder to pin down because it doesn't happen to everyone.