Contested Need to Go

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-slippery, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

I still very much doubt that many people would be prepared to pull HM ox. And even so, you wouldnt get much more then the 5% that I called out. On top of the fact that we are talking about contested spawns, so becuase of its own nature, only so many people are going to experience the content which further limits the amount of people this kind of change would effect. Especially considering ITS BEING KILLED IN ITS CURRENT STATE. You just want it to be easier to keep on lock-down.
    Ok, so a failed mechanic. Ouch that sucks. Beyond that, better time spent elsewhere for everyone involved (besides that 5% or less that want 1 more thing to farm on the 4-5th raid night of the week). And I am assuming thats exactly why nothing has been done. Becuase its either, easy to do but they are ignoring it for the reasons I have stated, or it would be very difficult.... which gives all the more reason NOT TO and spend the time on something better suited to the game as a whole.

BTW - Can a mod please just lock this stupid thread? It was funny for awhile but now its just annoying to see it at the top of the list, and then check it to see if something legit was said only to read the SAME thing thats been said for 20+ pages.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

So none of you care to pull the hardmode, but you dont want them seperated because hardcore guilds will?
    I'm confused over why you even care about a mob you dont even pull being seperated.

This thread does not need to be locked, however every post from everyone who has never fought both of these encounters should be deleted or what I do which is just ignore them as second-hand misinformation
  3. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Xill wrote:
    You forget it's mainly raiders that are the stable source of income for SoE.
  4. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Pervis wrote:
    This is one of the more lol things I have seen so far. Really dude.. "a scientific journal"? This is a video game. A VIDEO GAME. An 8 year old can figure it out in about 2 minutes, probably less.
    Telling people without "credientials" to shut up is one of the more asinine things I have ever heard as well. There have been thousands of famously brilliant observations over the course of history by people with no "credentials" whatsoever.
    Anyway, I don't know what naive, intellectually arrogant world you live in but it really has no place in a medium that can be mastered by a child with zero training.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    QFT
  6. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    Right... sources? Cuase I would love to see how you could prove that. I see HC raiders quit constantly. And most of my more casual friends have been in the game for 4-5+ years with no break in account time.
  7. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Xill wrote:
    Think about it, When expansions come out, there is a surge of players that come back? Who is it that comes back mostly? Generally casuals that leveled a toon to max, got bored and quit. More hardcore raiders will consistantly run multiple accounts and tend to play longer than the casuals. I'm willing to bet that is what SoEs income is coming from more than the casuals.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    So this is opinion... k thx. Fixed it for you...
  9. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    If this game was so easy then everyone that raids would be clearing all of the killable content, understand their own class and have a basic understanding of the other 23.
    If anything your post pretty much sums up that you do indeed have little to no knowledge of this game.
    We have a word for people like you its called denial.
  10. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

I dont even care that you are incapable of playing this game at the level required to clear all the killable content, just stop sharing your second-hand information of how you think the game works at my level.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    LOL! Talk about ironic. Wow...
  12. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Xill wrote:
    rofl iknowrite.
  13. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

So you guys are clearing everything thats killable in this game... Or are you simply proving what I said?
  14. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    Man I am still laughing about this like 10 minutes later, good stuff. Brought me out of a bad mood honestly lol!
  15. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

I'm glad you guys are having such a good time, maybe you two can share your character names so the rest of us can have a good laugh
  16. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Another hilarious, ridiculously hypocritical thing is how we're getting lectured on contested by probably the only person in this entire thread to have jumped servers (multiple times even?) to explicitly avoid contesting for mobs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Thats ok I did not actually expect you to grow a pair so quickly, but when you do post your character names please be sure to let me know sinc eyou guys owe me a laugh.
    I've server xfer'd on various toons to various servers and spent well over $500 on that particular feature, none of them were to avoid other people.
  18. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

TBH this is the last thing I will post in this thread, and I have nothing to prove as I made no claims of any kind. My point still stands,

I still very much doubt that many people would be prepared to pull HM ox. And even so, you wouldnt get much more then the 5% that I called out. On top of the fact that we are talking about contested spawns, so becuase of its own nature, only so many people are going to experience the content which further limits the amount of people this kind of change would effect. Especially considering ITS BEING KILLED IN ITS CURRENT STATE. You just want it to be easier to keep on lock-down.
    Ok, so a failed mechanic. Ouch that sucks. Beyond that, better time spent elsewhere for everyone involved (besides that 5% or less that want 1 more thing to farm on the 4-5th raid night of the week). And I am assuming thats exactly why nothing has been done. Becuase its either, easy to do but they are ignoring it for the reasons I have stated, or it would be very difficult.... which gives all the more reason NOT TO and spend the time on something better suited to the game as a whole.

And until they change it and im proved wrong, then nothing else here matters.
  19. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Yeah right, paradigm was crushing d12s avatar dreams on a nightly basis so you all ran off to mistmoore. And judging by how much money you've spent on it it sounds like that plan didn't work out too well for ya.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Xill wrote:
    Sure, which is why almost every Tuesday they hotfix HM boss mobs that only a handful of guilds are killing WW. They made further changes to HM Vaclaz today, a mob a whopping THREE entire guilds have killed.
    Fact is they basically have one raid designer, and the stuff he does doesn't take away from the other parts of the game at all.
    How many people craft, or harvest, or care about the city festivals or tinkerfest or roleplaying or lore? Yet, despite those extremely small sections of the playerbase SOE makes sure to not only implement BUT FIX the content for those small %s of the playerbase.
    Besides your entire 5% is absolutely false anyway. Over 350 guilds TRACKING their progress on that website not to mention the hundreds more that don't even track. You're easily talking 10,000 players or more, or $150,000 a month. Easily enough to pay the salaries of a dedicated team just for raiders, tbh.

StaticLex wrote:
    Really? Because I swear I just read this a few minutes ago in this very thread that very few guilds are prepared to kill HM encounters and HM encounters are getting used by less than 5% of the population and all that.
    So which is it? Is this a game that an 8 year old can master with zero training or is it a game where the majority of players fail at killing boss mobs like Munzok for an entire expansion only able to kill it once they outlevel it?
    Xill wrote:
    At any time all raid guilds have at least 24 active players, probably 30. At a minimum, 350 raid guilds exist, housing 8,500+ players that play at a minimum two nights a week.
    In non-raid guilds players don't even have to log in weekly, let alone be actively playing. Casuals are also much more likely to play an expansion for a month and then quit until the next expansion where progressive raid guilds keep thousands of players playing and farming the entire duration of an expansion.
    Casual players are finicky by definition, moving from one game to the next, playing when it suits them and not playing when it doesn't.
    Raid guilds are a totally different animal and as such attribute to much more consistent profit.