Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Awkk Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting all that. I really thought it was mostly just a lot of Chinese guys trying to earn the days rice, like Richard Heeks is promoting. Also thought, if it were legitimate business, some of the NEETS playing the game could earn money instead of spending their welfare or unemployment it to play.

Be careful looking at those websites, I heard that some of them will put a keylogger virus on your comp and steal your whole account if they can. That's why I haven't looked at them.

Still seems like a good idea to ban the seller accounts, though. Don't see why not.
  2. Strings Well-Known Member

What's a NEET?
  3. Awkk Well-Known Member

The first result of Google search states
    1. A NEET or neet is a young person who is "Not in Education, Employment, or Training". The acronym NEET was first used in the United Kingdom but its use has spread to other countries including Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
    suka likes this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

suka likes this.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

Why when the message is ALWAYS the same, is it still getting through this fictitious filter?
    suka likes this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You might get an answer if you PM the dev (you know, the one who replied in this thread) and ask him/her directly.
    suka likes this.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

When was that? March?

I don't know how it's affecting servers other than Unrest, but in Aussie prime time currently, the only person using channels is the plat spammer.

I guess you're right though, if they don't care why should I.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Well, you obviously care, but apparently not enough to ask someone who has some control over the situation. If you don't PM you're basically just hoping that maybe if the wind blows the right way the devs will notice...
  9. Losadunai Active Member

Apparently the filter (or something) is working again on AB. Been playing a new toon over there for a few days and yesterday there was none - today I checked out hate's envy (or whatever that starting village is) and I saw the same guy that had been on 2 days before, facing a wall (instead of standing smack on the newbie zone in spot) but I haven't seen a single message. Something's working *knock on wood*
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

There were some spams getting through on AB this morning though.
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I finally saw these spammers on a toon that I had not turned the general chat off on. Most annoying. Every other message in general was spam. I also noted that folks who said something in general about these spammers then began getting tells from said spammers (or so I've been told) so I refrained from speaking in general and promptly turned it off.

I've also been reminded why I usually turn general chat off right away on new toons when I saw the god awful chat in that channel. Downright nasty most the time. So turned it off and all is good. I only use guild, homeshow and the crafting channels right now. I hope they stay good. :D

I'm on AB btw.
  12. StoneAch Member

Good grief how is this not fixed yet? These bots now spam every few seconds and make new accounts by dozens. Ignoring them is no longer of use, since the iggy list is not synced with other toons on the account, and it's also limited to certain amount of players. How have I never seen this plat spam in 3 years prior to DBG taking over? Did they get white listed or something?
    Charlice likes this.
  13. Daray Well-Known Member

Priceless ...

So this spammer obviously has scripts running on toons on multiple servers (simultaneously) automating the broadcast of the messages every 8 minutes, rotating between Auction, LFG, and General in that order (at least on our server).

His script obviously isn't very good, since you can break it by opening windows (Challenging him to LoN games works well, but duels, trades, invites, etc would probably work too). He then needs to manually reset it his script, else it stays broken.

Seems someone is monitoring the accounts (at least currently) because he usually gets his script going within a couple of minutes again (starting in the Auction channel). He actually sent me a load of tells, in broken english, with a bunch of obsenities. I screenshotted it for amusements sake, but doubt I can get away with posting it here, lol.

He's spent the last 2 hours running around Darklight Woods trying to hide from me. He doesn't want to be my friend and I am sad :(
    Crychtonn, Charlice, Awkk and 4 others like this.
  14. Daray Well-Known Member

Hours later and it looks like he finally modified his script ~
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You should have offered him cookies, albeit in the trade component of a duel bet window.

I guess they have not played EQ2 enough to know about private instances?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

That would explain the 'quiet' much of the day. :D
  17. suka Well-Known Member

i always have my scanners on to make sure i don't go to dangerous sites and i am mostly reading wikias and business sites like forbes. but the problem with banning seller accounts is that it becomes a full time job to fight them - which with being shorthanded right now the company really can't afford to do
    Belenos and Dulcenia like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i pm'd one, which is why i got the answer i posted here. they still answer if you pm
  19. suka Well-Known Member

they are on to the breaking part. someone broke them on butcherblock and within minutes they were back
  20. Daray Well-Known Member

Given that their script fires off the same message every 8 minutes, I don't know why CS aren't being tasked with manually banning these spam accounts until the filter is fixed - since you literally only need to wait for (up to) 8 minutes on their targeted servers to get a hit.

These guys are obviously paying for all access on the accounts through (somewhat) legitimately sourced means (given the longevity of these accounts - same toon for days in most cases). Fraudulent card transactions used for a sub or to buy kronos (or indeed duped kronos) would be caught a lot sooner.

So where's CS at? At least make them repeatedly pay to setup and run these spam accounts...
    Mermut, Charlice and Awkk like this.