Coming Soon to EQII: Leapers and Gliders!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Eileah wrote:
    Give mounts charm slots =) and make the riding crop expendable.
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Since ground mounts speeds will be altered to be very nearly the same across the board as SJ's post would lead you to believe (certainly less different than 24% to 70% variance we currently have), if the prices of in game purchased mounts will be altered to reflect the changes?
  3. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

So like. Will we see these on Test at all before they go Live?
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Ulgrim@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm siding with no.
  5. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    At first I was like :| But then I was like :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Messen_Smith Guest

Any one know if we'll be able to use these mounts' abilities in places where we normally can't fly (cities, indoors, caves, etc.)?
  7. ARCHIVED-Aiirbornne Guest

i saw the mounts were in game so i grabbed my Provy
    40 Defiler / 90 Provisioner.. got the skills for both mounts
    ok.. i went an did the TT crafter glider.. worked fine.. no issue..
    then went an did the BBM leaper.. finished the quest.. have leaper..
    CANT JUMP.. like a skinny kid on the basketball court.. no air time..
    OMG.. illusions of.. float cloak off.. tried swapping mounts repeatedly.. zoned several times..
    mount wont jump more than a foot.
    so id suggest that if you want them to work. .. do them in order /sigh
  8. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Apparently it is something to do with a keybinding for disabling safefall, you have to have that and jump bound to the same key.
    Another thing that could have been tested first and had adjustments made before it hit live.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Aiirbornne wrote:
    Options -> Controls -> Movement Keys. Bind something (spacebar or whatever) for "Suspend Safe Fall".
    I had the same issue and went crazy about it until someone figured it out and told me.
  10. ARCHIVED-drakkenshield Guest

Hisvet wrote:
    The lesser version is quested.
    To get the one with stat boosts you have to buy it :(
    Either make them the same, or make the quested one better, IMHO.
  11. ARCHIVED-drakkenshield Guest

Goonfu wrote:
    I like this idea... you get a mount at 30, and it grows more powerful with you, learning to glide, and then eventually learning to fly.
    I would make it learn faster though... it would be so much fun to fly while running low toons. I like running the low toons better than my 90.
  12. ARCHIVED-scarfeesh Guest

All my ground mounts had speed increased except for my favorite one, the Hotwired Gnomish Hovercraft, it's still 65% :(

I logged into my swashbuckler, which I haven't done in ages, and felt like I was using some sort of speedhack with mounts hidden + 155% runspeed. Insane. I really enjoy the new mounts, although they make the griffon feel a lot more sluggish and slow.
  13. ARCHIVED-Telden Guest

Unfortunately, ground mounts no longer walk properly. They now use the galloping animation for walking as well.
    The increased walking speed has also messed up guard patrols in Qeynos (and probably Freeport as well), because the mounted guards gallop away from their patrol group.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ripchi Guest

Didn't read through all the posts to see if this had already been suggested or not, but I think it would be nice to be able have a summon mount skill for each class of mount (Ground, Leaper, Glider, Flyer) and be able to preset a mount and appearance mount for each skill/type. This way we could more easily switch mounts on the fly as needed based on the circumstances.
  15. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Ripchi wrote:
    The mount tab is a more recent addition to the game. Before the mount tab and saddle icon, we merely carried our whistles in a bag and just dragged the whistles to a hotbar. Someone correct me, but to my knowledge macroing doesn't offer an appearance command does it? It would be a long way around but might provide what Ripchi is suggesting.
  16. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Scurray@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    And it is being looked into already.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=502406
  17. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    The Leaper is nice in every way
    The Glider nice looking but turns wayyyyyyyyyyyy to sharply for a keyboard and mouse at that sensitivity you have the Gliders turning at you would need an analog game controller like the ps3/xbox 360 have are you guys planing to add controller support for Everquest II
    Also the Glider breaks game balance as it gives level 60 newbys better air speed then level 85 mounts by more then 50%
    I also don't appreciate being lied to by the producer SmokeJumper he says In a straight race across the Commonlands, the Leapers and Gliders often win. However, those movement methods are very active. (You can't point in a direction and hit autorun.) So allowing them to be faster is good balance.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=502190

Now while the Leaper may require you to keep hitting the space bar the Glider doesn't
    Now alls you have to do is run up a mountain or hill point in a direction jump up in the air while on your Glider and hit autorun and you can AFK while the Glider takes you across the zone at 200% nice balance