Coming Soon to EQII: Leapers and Gliders!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Morghus wrote:
    And I am SURE you are wrong, you cannot use that pegasus until you are of level, just like appearance gear you must be able to use/equip it to have it as appearance.
    And on another note there is no way I am paying that much cash for appearance mounts, not with the volume of toons I have, just to hide these ugly things.
  2. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Eileah wrote:
    Seeing as I don't bother at all with stationcash anything, I can't confirm. I am simply going off of what was written in the other thread by a red name, which stated that it could be put in appearance, but you need to uncheck a certain option for it to appear buyable before 85. No need to get huffy just because two mounts being added are not fancied by your delicate sensibilities.
  3. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

These look great. Will we be able to use them as appearance for ground/flying mounts?
  4. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I like the looks of these, the way you added them to the lower levels, and the fact that they are questable by both adventurers and crafters.
  5. ARCHIVED-aries03 Guest

The pegasus mount on marketplace can be used prior to level 85 but it will only work as a regular ground mount, like a regular horse, warg, prowler etc. Once you hit 85 thats when you can fly on it. In order for those under 85 to purchase it you have to make sure you have "hide unusable items" unchecked and then you will find it under the premium mounts section. This was noted by Amerys but guess not everyone reads posts like I do lol *shrug*
  6. ARCHIVED-Telden Guest

Well, this makes the vast majority of the game's existing ground mounts obsolete. By the time anyone could grind the status to buy a mistrunner or nightmare, or grind the levels and faction to get a Rime icemare, they've already got a superior leaper or glider.

The funny part is, this will severely cut into the sales of Station Cash ground mounts too.
  7. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

Scurray@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It'll make them obsolete in terms of function, but I seriously doubt that anyone even bought the icemare or any other mount when the claimable mounts are faster.
    Icemare/Status mounts are for appearance now, nothing more.
  8. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Eileah wrote:
    You can equip the pegasus in appearance for a ground mount. It won't fly, but you can indeed use it in the appearance mount slot.
    ttobey wrote:
    This is a level 3 illusionist, unskilled crafter toon in the screenshot.
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

There needs to be a frog leaper mount.
    Also, these are from a quest right? not something sold on SC? And when are they hitting live?
  10. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

Steppen@Nagafen wrote:
    It said in the article that the mounts will be quested with different colors for adventurers and crafters and that they're planned to be released later this month.
  11. ARCHIVED-chaosmatrix Guest

♪ ♫ Mah mah mah mah... mah mah mah mah.. ♪ ♫
    ♪ ♫ Mah mah mah mah... mah mah mah mah.. ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ I wanna ride them when they get on everquest!♪ ♫

♪ ♫ Giant lizard, razor teeth, will eat up all the rest (I love it) ♪ ♫

♪ ♫They just annouced them on the E3 gaming show ♪ ♫
    ♪ ♫Soe better not make them lame or I'll kick down all their buts♪ ♫

♪ ♫ Woah wo wooah oh woh Woah oh woh ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ I'll get on, ride it like a mount ♪ ♫
    ♪ ♫ Woah wo wooah oh woh Woah oh woh ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ I'll get on, ride it like a mount ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ Cant beat my.. cant beat my.. no you cant beat my raptor friend! He's a dino mount, buddy!♪ ♫
    ♪ ♫ Cant beat my.. cant beat my.. no you cant beat my raptor friend! He'll eat your friends, buddy!♪ ♫
  12. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    these, including flying mounts, will be DISABLED DURING THE DURATION OF WARFIELDS i hope
    enough ways for cowards to run and hide already
  13. ARCHIVED-eqaddict101 Guest

AWESOME!! lol those look like so much fun!
  14. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

To me these mounts look cartoonish and out of place, but they clearly have support from plenty of players. Dinosaurs in EQ2??? What about domesticating some current species if you really have to have new mounts.
  15. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

There are raptor like animals in Timorous Deep and sinking sands. The leaper at least is similar to mobs I have seen in eq2.
  16. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Katz wrote:
    Yeah, it's the Komodo that primarily looks out of place to me, as much for the cartoonish style as the species. But it's not like my opinion is going to change anything, so no worries if these mounts are someone's favorites. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

People complain about the rhino bouncing when riding.
    You know there will be tons of people complaining that the leapers and gliders bounce to much when in motion.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

You know, a Quest in Teren's Grasp for the Sokkars[sp] might be a good idea (level 85) where you finnally train the young one to fly.

And now that you have Lizards mounts, perhaps it is time to see if those EQ1 Yekesha Mounts (Who's names escapes me) survived.
  19. ARCHIVED-Chaosonia Guest

I don't know about anyone else... but my Ratonga Dirge NEEDS a Cow-A-Saurus leaping mount so she can properly pay tribute to her God, the Grand Jester.

Moo moo... moo moo!
  20. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Drogmors, I animated them :)