Coming Soon to EQII: Leapers and Gliders!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-iksee Guest

DROGMORS!!!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Bloodcellz Guest

I Like the idea of the mounts but DO NOT like the actual mount i think its very very cheezy resorting to dinosours for mounts i thought this was a fantasy game with dragons, unicorns and shades..

I think it would have been way better if they made something original and creative like psuedodragon mounts, Dragonne,or even a Kelpie.
    I really think they need to make it where lvl 1-20 can afford the ground mounts though that would be rediculas to not do that.
  3. ARCHIVED-arieste Guest

Will something be done to reconcile appearance mounts? Maybe ability to use ANY type of mount in appearance by suspending any the equipped mount's travel powers (i.e. flying, leaping, gliding mounts would behave as regular mounts when different type mount in appearance slot)

There are tons of mounts and the flying doesn't even work in half the zones (especially instances), so why not let us different mounts for appearance? I mean, when i'm in a raid instance, my griffin suddely loses ability to fly anyway, so why not let me use the dinosaur appearance for it?
  4. ARCHIVED-Goonfu Guest

Bloodstormz = Dragon mounts is exactly what we should be flying! Younger versions of dragons is what we should be leaping and gliding on while they mature, level with us and "train" to fly. Lizards, Dinosaurs, and Pegasusususes is just wrong on many levels. Arieste = Full control of appearance/hide options would allow for many more unique customizations.
  5. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

I'm not 100% certain, but I understood few Dragons are actually left in Norrath? The end of their age of influence so to speak? Wouldn't having Dragons as mounts imply that Dragons are making a comeback in Norrath? If its consistant with game lore I'd welcome a Dragon mount.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

It's not just that, dragons pretty much are raised only by other dragons, they get too big, too powerful, and far too prideful to even think of serving as a lesser creature's mount.
  7. ARCHIVED-joeinspo Guest

Agree with a lot of sentiment here.
    1.) Fix/Align the appearance mounts for the new types and open more appearance types for flying mounts (examples of normal carpets, disks, grifs & sokokar are perfect appearance for flying).
    2.) The options for the new types are nice, but the current models suggested don't seem right to me. Would suggest thinks like drakota & the quetzanek (from Nektulos near N'Mar Ascent) would work well for glider types and as suggested prior alot of current mounts would work well as leapers (Wolves, Wargs, Prowlers).
    3.) Lower pricing for normal ground mount and guild requirements. Most ground mounts are only useful for appearance now, being the quested and easily obtainable mounts are cheaper and/or better (70% run speed wolves for those that had their accounts active over Dec - Feb), so the requirements should lower for these. Most characters in their first 30 levels have little coin to put towards the mounts that are currently for sale and the higher guild level mounts are going to be completely pointless for anything other then appearance as well as outpriced in this new dynamic (not that they aren't now with the wolves, they are little more then expensive appearance mounts).
    4.) The idea of varying mounts for the level 20ish newb mount for starter zones is a good one, perhaps a second option when collecting the quest (made purchasable after completing similar to what was done with the current newb mounts put in).
    5.) MEATBEAST FTW, should definitely be a jumper if nothing else as an appearance mount, perhaps added for next Bristlebane day? Would be worth the wait.
    Edit for spelling.
  8. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Bloodstormz@Butcherblock wrote:
    snip,
    All the starter areas upon completing the quest lines give a free 20% run speed horse, nope not to fast but hey, it's better then walking.
  9. ARCHIVED-falconthegreat Guest

with a track record of ni nbja nerfing premium mounts that people pay for with real money after a couple of weeks and a couple of thousand sold.i want a guanentee that the devs are not gonna ninja nerf a mount that i might purchase from the marketplace.
  10. ARCHIVED-Memlan Guest

good addition whit jumpers and leapers even tho that flying mounts wasn't lvl restricted.
    tho i think hte looks of this mounts a horrable, i think game already overflowed whit oversized frightening mounts such as rotten wargs, drooling wargs, big fang beasts etc. big majority look like "scary" images from heavy metal t-shirts, what the fun in that the style options is narrowminded.
    carpets and howrpads should be enabled as apperence for flying/kuming/leaping mounts. dosn't feel to far reashed that a flying carpet could fly...
    there is no way to express personality, as i prefer a less obsurd descrete mount. i hope it will be considered to offer options.
  11. ARCHIVED-Znurf Guest

Great idea to introduce quested mounts at level 30 and 60. The Komodos look cool/very much like they came right out of an oriental painting or silkscreen. But the Raptor??? looks way more like a baby T-Rex imho. Why not use the in game raptor models for these guys... just add vestigal wings on their arms, longish body hair, and nice sharp talons on hands and feet.
  12. ARCHIVED-Vyvianna Guest

Just out of curiosity and a possible suggestion, what about a mount that can hold more than one person? I think that would be very interesting to 'hitch a ride' with a fellow player lol
  13. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Vyvianna wrote:
    Based on the simple fact that the game engine decides mount size based on player model size, the odds of this happening are exactly zero without an entire graphic engine redo.

Edit: Please make SpareRib a raid dropped mount.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

those flightless birds in SF would be excellant jumper mounts, cant remember where is other large birds in other zones.
    and low flying/gliders would have to be mostly wyverns, not built for high flying steed, but alone they can fly higher..
    i do want a dragons, like Dragon riders of pern, or dragonlance series.
    as i look up Drakota, they are unmountable due to fragile form, not even fit for gnomes, that almost like riding on snake.
  15. ARCHIVED-joeinspo Guest

16. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Well, This looks like a great opportunity to start back up with the bunny mount request! I only been asking since 2008 or so~
    Shadow Hare![IMG]

maybe?
  17. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Bring forth the Holy Hand Grenade!
  19. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Are these guys in game yet on live servers? and if so...where do you go for the Leaper?
  20. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

According to this post by SJ all mount speeds are being increased
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=502190
    So how about allowing the Di'Zok Riding Crop to work from inventory now? They have been useless for a long time since you have to equip them to use them.