Coming Soon to EQII: Leapers and Gliders!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Later this month, we’ll be debuting two new types of mounts in EverQuest II.
    Leaper mounts can jump up and forward in tremendous bounds before falling, moving at speeds similar to flying mounts. You can control how high you jump, and you can steer while jumping using the movement keys. Obviously, you don’t take falling damage when landing.
    Gliders are similar to Leapers, but at any point in your jump, you can snap out your mount’s wings and begin gliding, using the movement keys to control direction, even being able to tip up and climb for a while before descending again. You can also fold your wings in to start plummeting downward, and snap them out again at a different altitude.
    Leapers require Level 30 to ride. Gliders require level 60. (And of course, Fliers still require Level 85.)

[IMG]
    Mountain Saliraptor (Leaping)

[IMG]
    Wind Komodo (Leaping)

[IMG]
    Wind Komodo (Gliding)

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

Awesome! I love these ideas for mounts and look forward to adding them to my collection!

do these new kinds of mounts play well with "appearance mounts"?
  3. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Those are pretty neat!
  4. ARCHIVED-Aiirbornne Guest

love the Komodo Glider..
    love it..
    will it be appearance mountable for the gryphons..
    the gryphons are great.. but i prefer this design
    also will the antonican griffons be avail for questable release, there is a quest at the towers to get them another egg.. so why not be able to gather and hatch one of our own as part of a quest.. as a reward per se for gettign every tower a new egg !
    the leaper, idk.. kinda jurasic parkish.. not impressed as i saw 2 headed speed gecko's over in eq1.. then chimera mounts.. an was like OMG>. then i found out there is now a tinkered spider mount .. why, just why thats almost 3 full steps from chocobo's and clockwork chicken mounts
    there was a listing of rhino's an wargs being useable for lvls 1-29.. where at say lvl 25 can i quest for a warg and a rhino? maybe the newbie quest series that grants the 25% run speed mount like in GFay could be altered to give a horse in gfay an halas, while a rhino in TD and a warg like the guards ride in Darklight. to make your above statement true.

Doing that would give people a reason to go quest in the other starter zones and add more mounts to there stables.

just a thought
  5. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Whatever happened to horses? =)

Powers &8^]
  6. ARCHIVED-Taymma Guest

This is totally awesome. :) Just wish people would dismount long enough to craft. lol
  7. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

MY GOD I AM IN LOVE.
    LIONEL RICHIE I FOUND YOU.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hisvet Guest

First of all I appreciate the creativity for this idea. It is creative. Fantastic work!
    Second I like that its QUESTED
    Third I like that is available for Crafters and Adventurers
    Fourth I like that its available at different levels
    While for me the choice of mounts is hit or miss in this selection, I enjoy the different locomotive methods and enjoy mounts that are NOT horses/wargs or flying disks. It also shows that SOE here is providing what they promised: new artwork mounts that are not all marketplace that are more accessible and that have some rather fun and different mechanics.
    Bravo, art, coding, etc. (I don't mind marketplace and I buy stuff there often as I like it. But I comb forums and timelines for quests that drop house items, plushies and titles all the time, they're more special. Grind factions for recipes, craft for faction/items etc of all levels. Old content is not dead content for some of us.)
    (P.S. Vampire bat mount, tinkered dirigibles or ballons or mechas, badgers, predatory birds, gliding squirrels, flying fish, manticores, leaping battle frogs ALL cool mount ideas! Keep up the creativity in art/quests/content its really making the game fun for me. Everyone should like toys.)
  9. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Hahaha the first thing I thought when I saw this screenshot was Ttobey and his army of T-Rex's
  10. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

illaria wrote:
    You laugh now! ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    ...Leapin' Lizards!

OK, face it, you knew someone had to go there eventually...
  12. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

I just looked around Butcherblock for the quests on Test Copy and didn't see them... are they going to be tested first?
  13. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Just curious but why do those pictures in the OP have the everquest logo on them instead of the Everquest2 logo?

Oh and can we hide these mounts? No offence but they are pretty ugly, they are more for rough and tough guy types, not the prissy and sweet girl characters that I play.
    I am hoping we can use ground mounts as appearance mounts for these, if not at least give us some optional appearance looks that are not so angry and mean looking.
    I am looking forward to these addtion in travel, but I really don't want to have to look at them all day =/
  14. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Eileah wrote:
    it is very faint but I see the II crossing the middle of everquest in the pictures.
  15. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Eileah wrote:
    You just got a PEGASUS and already bugging about these. *sigh*
  16. ARCHIVED-WildBeastimal Guest

With regards to tradeskill quests in getting these mounts (since some of them are lower level), are they going to be made to scale (tradeskill level) with the player or are they going to to be low-level only?
    Currently I'm a level 90 adventure and tradeskill. What I'd like is the ability to "chrono" my tradeskill level just as I can with adventure level. That way I could get all those quests and get some credit for completing them.
    Does anyone know if this is even on the rader? Just a thought.
  17. ARCHIVED-Desna_Venekor Guest

I do like these new mounts, but I would love to see existing creatures be mounts vs. just creating new species. How about a drakota mount, or one of the ostrich-looking things? Things like drachnid or spider mounts, elephants, lions, etc...or how about a ROK-inspired wyvern for a glider?

That said, can't wait!
  18. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Desna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Meatbeast. 'Nuff said. :D
  19. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I would really like to see drakota, especially if they are kept in the spirit of the original models in-game. The possibility of a very interesting and involved quest to aquire one is there also.
  20. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

i tell ya, you DEVs have dropped a wonderful mount week on us! yep. i Dub this "Mount Week"! :D i must say these are FANTASTIC ideas and their neet looking too!! cant wait until the quests are released!