Coming Soon(tm) GUILD HALLS!!! (Brainstorm Feature Ideas)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-ke'la, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TwinklingEyes Guest

Oh these are all some really great ideas. I personally don't care what you put in..I trust your judgement (until you mess up)..hehe. My main concern is that all guild members can get to the guild hall safely regardless of alignment. This way when a meeting is called you don't die 5 times getting there!! I have seen it posted in the upcoming events that they are arriving in September in GU49!

Hi Vortex..nice seeing you here!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I seem to remember that the Qeynos side at least had banners on either side of the entrance (I wouldn't be surprised if the Freeport one also had banners only inside) I was wondering if these banners would have the Guild Crest on them for each guild or a default for guilds that do not have one yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Computer hung up on the upload duplicate post.
  4. ARCHIVED-IamMamaKitty Guest

What I would like to see in the guild halls 1) a banker 2) a broker 3) a mender 4) a crafting area with all the crafting objects. 5) I would like for the good and the baddies to be able to be in the same guild hall. Many of the guilds have both bad & good, and splitting them up just does not seem right. In the crafting rooms, It would be nice if there is someone there to sell the supplies needs as if we were in one of the crafting areas. It would also be nice if the crafting writs were available as well.. But that's my 2 cents.. Thanks, BR
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Crafting stations should be earned or bought by guild members in my opinion ;) Broker as well same with a Wholesaler.

Mender might be a low level guild (10) addition.

These are my opinions however.
  6. ARCHIVED-Forsaken966 Guest

Okay here are some ideas my guildies and I have tossed around while getting excited for this stuff to launch:
    1) Recall to Guid Hall: Along side your CoQ spell (or whatever it is for other cities) you have a recall for your guild hall.... or even better (since oddessy might get confusing) make it where when you use the recall button or get an oddessy, you have a popup that offers you either your home town or your guild hall.
    2) Tradeskill station: Instance or not, I think there needs to be a building you can buy to add to the guild hall that's a tradeskill station (it can even be small enough for just 1 station of each kind). You could have it with the station already included or where the stations have to be bought and placed. But there MUST be a broker (for materials), and the people and such needed to run the work/rush orders. It wouldn't make sense to have the stations if you don't have those things in there to help level your guild and improve your hall.
    3) Official posting of Allied guilds. Basically makes it where you can restrict people from comming into your hall unless you allow open raiding feature (so you can have pickups or whatever if you do the binding teleport room thingie). But basically you can put that you are allies with another guild and it permits them access into your halls if needed for anything. For example: I put that Lunar Tears (my guild) has an alliance with Avatars of Apocalypse. Then if they need to come in for a meeting (since we are part of BBF) or whatever, they can simply enter the guild hall by that access instead of their own home only.
    4) The whole zone needs to be item placeable.. in short anything a carpenter can make or you get as a house item can be placed wherever. That way it has your own decor too as well as the great items you can buy from the merchants to style your home.
    5) Okay this doesn't have really much to do with the guild halls, but bear with me on this, cuz this is something I've been really wanting to stress and it can kinda tie in with your Halls.... POSABLE MANNIQUINS (and more races). You need to make the mannquins posable in combat stances as well, like a caster's stance during cast, or start of combat.... a figher in stance with his shield infront or ready to swing, or even standing with his weapon infront of him and standing defiantly.... a scout sneaking or drawing his bow... so many possibilities... and think, after you have them decked out in gear you can make them placed around as cool statues in your guild hall.
  7. ARCHIVED-Allforgrog Guest

It has been brought up before and was IMO an excellent idea that i would like to endorse/bump/QFE

Portals!!!

Add an item drop from the last mob of each raid zone that can be crafted into a portal to that zone. Kinda like how the seeds from emerald halls can be crafted into a flower that ports to Gfay. That way a guild could simply form up in guild hall (using call of guild hall ;-) visit the guild bank for potions/poisons and go.

Beyond that;

What i would to see would be to have guild halls be a place for players to gather willingly. So to me it would make the most sense for these halls to include all those things that generally draw crowds outside of general adventuring. Crafting tables (complete with writ givers), broker, and banker seem to be the most common points of interest. Conveinence is also a huge selling point. I live in Gfay, before I laid down the tynnonium to get a wormhole, calling home only to return to kylong later was an exercise in aggravation. A bell providing access to Q harbor and the docks would have me very, very pleased to say the least.

Last but not least, decent server allocations or else zoning in with a full raid and a bunch of people crafting is going to be a nightmare. Although with guild hall portals to PR-VS sebillis should be 100x more tolerable at normal raid times
  8. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

There was a post earlier in the thread that suggested a special guild bank that the leader of a raid could assign loot to so that it could be assigned to guild members later. I think this is one of the best ideas I've seen (Although there are some GREAT ideas here). One of the things that frustrates me the most is the No-Trade tag on so many of the items. If the raid leader was to be able to assign an item to "Guild Bank" and then give a guildie loot rights to that items later, it would still keep these items off the broker, while making it possible to outfit your guild. Loot rights could only be assigned to people on the guild's roster.
  9. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Perhaps on the inside...as the halls are instances it's unlikely they would be on the outside.
  10. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Winter wrote:
    I dun think SOE should do brokers in guild halls. There would be nobody in town except for a fer unguilded people. :(

I would like a door to the arena, KOS portal, and a KJ portal :p

Oh and a fishing hole!
  11. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

From what I understand the Minimum Guild Level for a GUildhall is level 10 with more rooms and options unlocked every 10 levels or so.
  12. ARCHIVED-TreeMos Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Would it be too heretical to suggest that Guild Hall upgrades get unlocked at other numbers then multiples of 10? Make it at 15, 25, 35... Or go really crazy and do it on the 8's. or 3's or 2' & 7's! OMG, craziness overload... Seriously, I'd love to be able to truly celebrate a guild ding again that is NOT a multiple of 10. Imagine if we didn't get any CA upgrades for 9 level dings, instead getting 15-20 at once with every 10th. Yeah, the 10th becomes pretty momentous but then 90% of your leveling experience is barely worth noticing. That's how things currently are with Guild Leveling.
  13. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

Kithap@Permafrost wrote:
    I think there should be a broker, but ONLY for guildy only to guild sales. If someone leaves the guild, all their stuff gets sent to the bank.
  14. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    News to me. Do you have a source for that or is it just a case of wishful thinking?
  15. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Qandor wrote:
    I play a character on test, and I've head devs mention it off the cuff when they get barraged with questions. Which means it still could be up in the air.
  16. ARCHIVED-TreeMos Guest

From the SOE Fan Faire Schedule:

Friday (Aug15) 2pm - 3pm
    EverQuest II: Guild Hall Preview Panelists - Jeremy Gess, Noel Walling, Bruce Ferguson, Bill Yeatts, Greg Spence
    Be among the first to get a developer guided tour through the all new guild halls in EverQuest II.

OK people, there better be someone here spilling all the beans on Guild Halls by 3:01pm PST! If not sooner if you managed to get the right Dev liquored up and talkative sometime last night
  17. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Not sure if this was said already:
    A guild broker/merchant, where the leader (and others given permission) can put items in and set a price. The merchant would act like a normal merchant, you need to be present to access it and the prices are that price (no broker fee). The stock of the merhcant would be limited to what was put inside (cant buy 10 tubers if only 9 was put in), any item that is bought out would be labeled "out of stock". All (or most of) the money used to buy the items would go to a special guild bank, where the leader (and authorized members) can access. Note: all members can access the merchant (at leaders discreetion, but not all members can place items in/out and set prices).