Coming Soon(tm) GUILD HALLS!!! (Brainstorm Feature Ideas)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-ke'la, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Well consitering the time of night it is(~4am PST) yesterday at the Future of EQ2 Panel they Discussed many things and one of the things on the "Short-Term" Project list...Gallintine was very quick to point out that "Short-Term" was measured on the Geolocical Scale... was Guild Halls. Below are Pics I took of the concept art as it was projected on the screen they are not the best quality but you can get an Idea of what they are going for with them. There are currently 2 guild halls planed as instances, they are not shure off what coast they are going to evenually put them... heck they are not shure of ANYTHING atm, but right now they are thinking off of Comminland and Antonica and you will be able to see them off the coast and take a Bell or some such too them.
    Now the reason for this post... The Dev incharge of doing these halls has asked us to help them brainstorm features we would like to see guild be able to unlock as they lvl thier guild, things like Portals to other zones or recall bind points, expainded Guild Vauts, they really want these things to be places the majority players will accually use and not just a "Big Inn-Room" wich is nice but only good for RPing. So if you have ANY ideas of what would be a nice thing to have in a guild hall, post it here, as these places will be HUGE and have alot of room for tons of ideas.

The "Good" Guild Hall
    [IMG]

The Evil Guild Hall.
    [IMG]

PS Please excuese all spelling mistakes I am a very poor speller, its very late and the laptop I am using does not have a spell checker on it yet.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ixalmaris Guest

Several ideas: - A Spire for KoS travel (possibly taking up more space than only 1 room) - Mines/Gardens and such areas where a limited number of harvest nodes grow. Maybe upgradable depending on guild level for different Tier ressources. - A chapel which give a 30 minutes or 1 hour bff to everyone who prays inside it - A stable selling special 1 use speed enhancments for mounts - Brokers for all cities or maybe even a "supreme broker" who sells item for a 10% fee no matter from where it comes. - A board where the guild leader or officer can add raid termins to, people can add themself to a raid in advance and when the raid starts they get an in game mssage reminder and even the option to port (once) to a pre determined meeting place (see portal room below). - Portal room. A room full of portals (number maybe tied with the guild level. 1 portal for every 10 levels) which lead to the favorite raid zones. Maybe let the raid bosses drop a portal stone which can be inserted into one of the portals and from then on the portal leads to the start of that raid zone. Maybe add a restriction that the destination of a portal can only be changed once a week. - A special crafting machine/room which lets people craft special guild items (Like the DFC forge). For example a pocket portal with, lets say 5 charges which lets you access the guild bank from anywhere you are. Withdrawind and depositing a item takes 1 charge. - A sparring room with a unlimited HP doll. Peopel can freely change the mitigation and resistances of the doll and the DPS and other combat data is measured (like a log parser). Maybe even add the ability to set the stats of dummy to those of a raid boss which have been defeted before by the guild. A other idea is to cap the stats of the dummy depending on the guild level. So only high level guilds can train for the high end raid mobs in there. - A Arena where the guild can duel each other including a guild internal ranking board. The guild leader should be able to start tounaments or otherwise place items as prices.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Hmmmmm I belong to a former casual raiding guild, but it broke up leaving me the only semi-active leader/member (Of a level 51 Guild) .... also I think my Guild was started in Freeport, I however am from Qeynos I wonder which one I will end up with?
    This is something that Developers will have to think about as I have been a member of 2 guild that have broken up and left me in charge, I assume others might have the same situation.
    Both Evil Empire and Fellowship of Qeynos have ended up thus.

Oh My I just had a mental image of Guilds going to war and laying seige to rival guild halls!
  4. ARCHIVED-CRLight Guest

Combine all the guild halls thing in other games, I think make the rooms could be build by guild leader and base on the guild's lvl, after it starts all members have to harvest resources as T1~T8 ore or wood for construction.
  5. ARCHIVED-Onimmanni Guest

--Griffon Doors in corosponding adv lands, as portals or "underground" passages to opposing faction guild hall. -- Unlock a banker, TS fuel broker, Market Broker, Crafting Tools(we have via Faction already), Level 1 inn houses perhaps, if not top notch. Id love to see the guild house *** a comunal area for guilds to prepare to go out into the wild. --Lord V Head on a platter!-----well, perhaps a mount for walls, of our more epic kills :) Perhaps a Guild ....Merchant of sorts, where member can place things on said merchant, giving an access point for guildies to barter with in guild a little better. I.e. Provi can fill broker with food/drink for folks to pull from, something of this sort.
  6. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=375486):
    "I will start off by saying the things that I would like to see:
    1. Training rooms that can spawn non-exp mobs. Perhaps even spawnable mobs of variable difficulty, so the guild can learn to raid, or single players can learn their own class in a safe, repeatable environment.
    2. The option to put an item in the guild bank during a raid. This way, perhaps it wouldn't be locked to one person and could be designated for another player at another time. This way, if a consistent raider is absent for a raid, they are not deprived of their gear just because it happened to drop the ONE time they weren't there.
    3. Responsibilities - I know this is a hard time to do, and likely not feasible, but I would like to see guildies feel responsibility towards the guild hall. Perhaps positions of power within the guild hall that are assignable - something to make the guild hall feel like a tangible society.
    4. It was mentioned by Lyndro, but I'll just back up the statement - I would like to see teleports or boats that allow for easier access to certain areas.
    5. I would like to see them tie into alliances. With guild halls, I feel that alliances could literally be formalized and solidified.
    6. I would like to see areas for tradeskill items. Wow, that sounds vague. Let me think of how to word this. For example, I would like to see tradeskillers able to put their items up specifically for guildies and/or alliance members in the guild hall. Food, drink, furniture, whatevs - the basics and the not-so-basics. I would like to see guildies feel as if they are serving a purpose solidly rather than receiving a random /tell with a request.
    7. Hireable NPC's - what if you could get npc's to come sell basic items to your guildies within the guild hall, almost turning it into a small city.
    8. A questing board. Ways to prove yourself to your guild. What if your guild leader could formally set up a list of things he/she wants done? Like a quest of sorts - whether it be a 'we need this much of this item, this food, this drink, etc' or 'we need these enemies killed in this amount'. As far as rewards and how that would work in such a case, I am still thinking on that but I honestly think this could bring a guild closer together. You really want to be an officer? Okay, well there is this really tough quest - let's see who can do it and they will be the candidates to be voted upon. Or something like that.
    9. Akin to the questing board above, a request board. What if you can NEVER find a team for this quest or that quest? Well, what if you could formally put it on a request board in the guild hall where it cannot simply be as overlooked as an oft-overcrowded forum?
    10. Special housing within the hall for guild leaders, guild officers, and so on and so forth giving them a feeling of accomplishment of their position. This way, the smaller guilds have perks to offer to potential officers, etc, as a way of building a guild back up. So many small guilds just fall apart and cannot seem to get back up - rewards like this could have a profound effect on that, allowing people to feel rewarded for building the guild back up or joining a budding guild.
    11. This one may just be sillyness, proof of my addiction to cuteness... but a guild mascot! What if you could keep a guild mascot in the guild hall? Like you could pick from a few different creatures, pick a color, and so on and so forth, and let them wander the guild hall??? I think it would be adorable myself. ^_^ People could play with them, chase em around, etc. ^_^ weeeeeeeee:D
    Anyway, there are just a few of my ideas - I have a million more, but I am braindead after the flight back from Vegas. Again, I had a great time guys - thanks to everyone I spent time with. :)
    <span style="font-size: medium">So, who else has ideas?:D"
  7. ARCHIVED-Yemkela Guest

Ixalmaris wrote:
    These are three of the best ideas I've ever seen for guild halls :D Very nice work!
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I like number 10 myself. One thing we would have to figure out however would be how would the leader sell items...Oh wait thorugh alts right?
  9. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Like anybody else selling items, through the board or broker. I think even having a broker there FOR the guild would be incredible. Could fit into the NPC's idea I had.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

LoL now I have this mental image of a guild raiding the Keep of another guild just so the leader can buy from the Sales crates!!!! :lol:
  11. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

I like alot of the ideas going to try to figure a list of more later on... Best interesting one is alliances... I think this should be looked into.. There are a lot of them and this will help give them a bit more and could stretch into different things.. The only Thing I realy think is a little bit much is the "Special houseing" For Guild ranks.... Theres a ton of people that like customizeing houses in game. I doubt if all of them are leader/officer ranks and such, with this type setup will see more people mainly asking for officer tag or such to gain access houseing or maybe even makeing a dead guild just to have that houseing if cannot get tag from another guild..... Realy this leaves to much up to players vs Game achievments and I can for see arguments more comeing from it. Which realy isnt to much needed.
  12. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

Bloodravenger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Actually, I've written up a multi-paged idea for Alliances and how I think they would work that I plan on sharing with the dev team. :) Who knows, maybe they'll likee.
  13. ARCHIVED-AbsentmindedMage Guest

Here are my ideas for rooms, I will start off with the obvious ones: 1) Bank Room - providing access to guild bank only (still need reasons to go back to city:lol:) 2) Broker Room - providing access to a Broker 3) Mender Room - providing access to a mender 4) Portal Room - a room which can be used to gather and disembark to other zones 5) Trophy Rooms - a room where minature plushie versions of every named epic encounter killed by the guild appear on pedestals. When examined, it can give a description of what they were (maybe the date at which they were killed by a guild member). In fact, this could take up a number of rooms. Have the pedestals empty until the creature that goes there is killed and then the minature of it appears. So, it would be sort of like a collect them all type of thing. 6) Library Room - a room where in game books can be read by clicking on them in their shelves. 7) Artifact Room - a place where the house item version of the hertiage quests appear when a member completes it for the first time for the guild. 8) Tradeskill Rooms - rooms which have a tradeskill table and a fuel merchant
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I think this thread needs a sticky! :)
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Ixalmaris wrote:
    I would like to see:
    the ablity for guild members to move into the guild hall and give the guild leaders the ablity to based on rank give access to larger housing units. Your guild Appartment would be in addtion to your personal one that way if you are new to a guild you can still have the 4 broker slots from your personal housing.
    The ablity for the guild to list iteams for sale as the guild and have that coin go into the guild coffers directly.
    A Call to Guild spell or stone that lets you zone directly to the guild hall from anyware, with the same 1hr timer all call spells have.
    Direct ports to guild hall from every city, either though bells if there is ocean access or a portal slip if the city is land locked like Kelethin.
    The ablity of non-guild members to Vist your Guild hall and look at all the rewards and such your guild has earned, with access simalar to the Visitor permition on player housing.
    The ablity to offically aline with another guild and have shared guild housing between those guilds.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tigerius Guest

Actually, SOE can learn a lot about guild housing from City of Heroes/City of Villains's Supergroup bases. Members earn "Prestige" points for their group with which the officers can buy new stuff for the base. They've got everything, portals to zones, storage for all different types of things, and a huge amount of decorative items to make any base feel homey. Not telling SOE to rip off NCsoft... but... imitation is the best form of flattery :p In short, give reasons for people to visit the guild hall, not just an inn room with a few cool things.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

[p]One, not Kelethin is NOT landlocked as much as you think. The Newbie area has an oceanfront view, and even refugee's from Mara (Because they have the only children models) [/p][p]Hmmm Perhaps the Kelethin Guild hall would be tree on an island base...[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

I have one question though at what level can a guild obtain a Guild Hall? I would like to see it be at level 20 and with each 10 levels give perks as some have mention like the portals to different zones and would like to see one or 2 room be availble to members with 2 or 3 vaults slots seperate from there own but these vaults can be used to store back gear for raids and it don't effect personal broker slots. I would like to maybe see a guild hall merchant that sells furniture for the hall only like a 'Big Round Table' kind of like the King Arthur Knights table and this merchant has a big banner that can be hung in the hall that represents that guild like the cloak symbol and even have one that is smaller availble for memebers in there room or even person house as well. I sure there is many other ideas but these are mine and feel free to give any feed back on them
  19. ARCHIVED-Force Weaver Guest

I like some of the other ideas presented in this post and probably other ideas we will see implemented but not know about till launch. When I get some more time I'll come back and respond specifically with ones that I really agree with in other posts.
    I'm sure some of the perks will be guild level based but there should also be some sorta status maintainence for certain effects or whatnot. Maybe some of these perks have cost like god spells but instead of losing faction you loose status from the status pool to enable your raid for to use the portals for a week or your crafters to keep the broker there in the hall for a week, etc.
    When guild hits max level, sure some members get the status up to get their mounts/housing whatnot but there needs to be "average active member" cost per week or something. Maybe not guild status decay or a patron system where guilds had issues in the past but a house upkeep where the rent in plat/gold goes up a heck of a lot if ppl haven't been pouring in the common status pool separate from personal and guild status. Or the perk upkeep thing mentioned above. This would make it so that ppl still work together on a regular basis for non-item/raiding runs in guild even when guilds max out in lvl.
    It's complicated for sure, but most likely the largest/highest guilds will have a core group of 70-80 doing 90% of the guild leveling and upkeep so factoring the <lvl 50 alts and the ppl who play <3hrs per week could probably be ignored/neglected by the cost estimator. It gets even more complicated say when just 6 lvl 70's coring a small guild of lvl 50+ also want to have the same opportunities to perk out a guild hall without having to have +100 accounts and 50 active members who play more than 10hrs a week. Maybe cost is a bad idea because it gates content from guilds with smaller memberships but there might be a happy medium somewhere to increase to cooperativity for both large and small membershiped guilds.
  20. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

I don't have specific ideas, but I would like to lay out some broader concepts that I think are important to keep in mind. Guild Halls can be a great tool for fostering intra-guild community, but they must not be so useful to players that the cities lose what activity they have now. It's important to leave a good number of tasks (beyond quests, of course) that can only be done in the cities. Of course, a balance must be struck. Enough useful things must be included in the Guild Halls that guildmates might actually run into each other while visiting. Striking that balance is the tricky part, of course... I think it's also important that even the most powerful Guilds have to make some choices as to what features to include in their Halls. No Guild Hall should have *every* available amenity. Similarly, it's important to leave room for future expansion of the Guild Hall system. Keep some ideas out of the initial implementation, perhaps, so that they can be added in later. Finally, I think it goes without saying that access to Guild Hall content cannot be linked to owning a particular expansion. =) Powers &8^]