Coming Soon(tm) GUILD HALLS!!! (Brainstorm Feature Ideas)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-ke'la, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

What would be interesting would be you having to use the hall to defend your city. Occasional boats of invaders (Depending on momentarily population of the guildhall solo/group/raid depending on how many and if any are grouped or raided up)
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Elorah wrote:
    Allakhazam will be covering Fan Faire. And I absolutely guarantee that if they give an ETA for guild halls I will post it just as soon as I can get to a 'net connection.
  3. ARCHIVED-auvii Guest

Elorah wrote:
    Va beach ftw !!! To be honest I just wish any game company did something here lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

The only things I really care about for guild halls:

1) Teleporter to all playable zones.
    2) Banker
    3) Crafting stations and mobile TS store
    4) Blacksmith
  5. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Calthine wrote:
    They hae already given an eta in the Living Legacy stuff as guild halls coming in September. That is not really the question. The questions are what will they consist of feature wise, what will they will cost and what are the qualifications for obtaining one.
  6. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Recently in following links from the Living Legay stuff they outlined the major items included in Live Updates for several months to come. It seems Guild Halls are in September which I guess makes sense that its after Fan Faire. I saw another dev whom I like mention that guild halls are one of the coolest things the dev team has ever done. Sorry but I think they are being over anticipated and now over hyped and those things tend to lead to major disappointment so I think I just in a wait and see mode.
  7. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    i dunno artemiz, personally, if they look anything remotely like the art on the first page, ill be happy.
  8. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

I first heard about the guild halls last year (I must not have been paying attention), and I'm really looking forward to them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

Vortexelemental@The Bazaar wrote:
    Yes, they definitely look like the art on the first page.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mike8 Guest

that is..... AWESOME
  11. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

I know it may mean nothing ... but a couple of things I would like to see:

Some sort of cost in terms of crafting items or raw materials to build the guild hall

A fuel merchant and a broker to be available - There could be many variables involved here. Guild must be lvl 40+ for a fuel merchant and 60+ for a broker or something? I was also thinking that these NPC's could have a weekly cost just like rent. If we expect them to work in our guild hall around the clock they really do need to be paid something :) A guildie suggested they could even be paid in mats, thus getting some of the cheaper mats that sell for 1/2c each off the broker

Definately some sort of incentive to a) raise your guild lvl and b) join a guild of a decent lvl rather than start a new one all the time. Guilds of higher lvl should have access to better things ... but I think this is a point most agree on anyhow.

And it would be really really nice if we could get some kind of visual of each others guild. But I know this might be almost impossible to do :-/
  12. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Pusska@Permafrost wrote:
    That would be great provided, and I can't emphasize this enough, some dev/devs do not leak the requirements to their favorite pet guilds beforehand who then proceed to buy up all the required rares/raws before anyone even knows what is required. If I see that happen I am going to raise hell on these forums and any other forum I can find.
  13. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

It could always be made that you HAVE to gather these ... no buying allowed. I would be cool with that :)

Oooooh *prepares to be flamed
  14. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Unless SOE comes up with something very innovative I can see guild halls being nothing but total fluff which I personally find boring as hell. Now if they added guild wars and raids on guild keeps then yeah that sounds fun, if its just going to be stuff like port anywhere from your guild hall or small bonuses worth nothing then I dont see the point.

I guess carpenters will be happy, but for those trying to get some endgame content it means squat.
  15. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    Carpenters will only be happy if guild halls can have carpernter made items placed in them, we still don't know that for sure.
    With the amount of press SoE have given these, and the time they have taken to implement (they have been in the works for 'almost' half as long as the skeletal revamp...), they need to provide something that is totally unique and not avalible in any other way, or they will be a total disapointment, much like the musical instruments were that they put on test a year ago...
    Who knows, maybe musical instruments will end up in guild halls.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kitsune Guest

I'm at a loss here - end game content? What have Guild Halls got to do with end game content? Surely they should be useful to all? And how can they give end game content that would create PVP content in a game that is mostly PvE servers - meaning Wars between Guilds that you suggest.

If you haven't played Lineage 2, I can tell you that the Sieging content was a pain in the rear! So much lag you had to turn your graphics down to almost nothing, and even THEN you moved like one step every 3-4 seconds! You sieged to gain control of a castle and the revenue from certain sellers and shops in the town in that ares - so everyone shopped in the cheapest places not the nearest, which again was a pain. Also the winners were usually Griefing Clans who were always camping out the upper level Quests, especially for the Clan Quests to prevent anyone else getting as high as they did.

Nope, sieging and Clan Wars didn't work for the player that likes to just PLAY the other game content, the PvE stuff.

Guild Halls should be an extension of what they were historically - places for crafters to gather, people in the same Guild, a place of their owwn, a place to conduct business between individuals etc.

Historical note: 40, yes 40 Guilds were involved in making a length of velvet in the later middle ages. They included guilds like the one for the goldsmiths who made the wire that cut the thread that formed the pile of the velvet. History is fascinating, isn't it? :D
  17. ARCHIVED-piro Guest

There are alot of really great ideas on this thread. I am just wandering what lvl guilds will be able to attain most of this stuff please please dont make it to extreme. im in a very small guild like only 5 active accounts (family guild) its only lvl 30 right now and it is very hard for us to gain levels in the guild. I will be very sad if we cant even get a guild hall at this level or any of the possible things to put in it. anyway just my 2 cp.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Ditto here I'm also in a family guild 3 active accounts 2 family one friend of family. I've been also leveling up my Carpenter as well :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I mainly hope to see guildhall features that allow for guild events that players can do together.
    For example, an alter there a guild leader can hold a Mass once per week, and everyone who participates gains free guild status, god faction, and possibly replenished vitality. The more people who participate, the more everyone gains.
    And maybe the ability to set up player-hosted mini-games like a hide-and-go-seek or tag within settings designed by the guild's carpenters.
    And I really doubt they would do this one..but it would be great to have a cross-server arena accessible from guildhalls.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I probably wouldn't expect more then a banker and mender, possibly a grounds keeper who gives out a quest that lands you a Call of Guild gate spell...

Player created offices, workshops and bazaar...

Banners with your guild crests...

I wouldn't mind beaches with swim wear sold ;)