Coming Soon(tm) GUILD HALLS!!! (Brainstorm Feature Ideas)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-ke'la, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Aside from the Fan Faire announcement, has there ever been any DEV feedback on this. Talk about a long standing wish list item....
    As I recall - at Fan Faire they said TENTATIVELY 6-9 months out.. so August to...May? Can't believe that thats still accurate. How about it DEVs....?
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Kaalenarc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    SoE unlike other game companies doesn't give out information, until it's shure to be in without delaying the project (they don't have the Cashe and rabid following of say Blizzard or Value that allows them to say "when it's done" or to slide a date, just do a search for Skelital revamp for proof.) So don't expect to see anything about Guild Halls until they suddenly show up on the Test Server. On a side note SoE specifially did not give ANY DATE for Guild Halls at Fan Faire, infact if you read my OP you will see where it was basicly stated that even saying Soon(TM) is too much in reguards to Guild Halls, I personally don't expect any info from SoE until next July or August, on this.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lilithela Guest

really the only thing I would like to see is guild chat being displayed in text bubbles inside the guild halls... would just add another layer of sociability.
    as for cities depopulating... good, no use for them with worldwide chat chanels. all the cities are used for now is increased lag spikes. I do almost all my business in Kunark (yay faction!!!)
  4. ARCHIVED-NSchindler Guest

I really hope they decide to do the guild halls.

They should allow guild to guild duals. If your guild losses then the other guild gets all the money in your guild bank.

or

What about the guild, that starts the dual can set a challenge amount, so the winner gets the money. There are so many things that can be done. It would really bring some extra fun to pvp servers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kitsune Guest

I've read a good deal of the posts here and elsewhere about Guild Halls and I can see a trend developing. I also see many excellent ideas. What I DON"T see, as many have said, is ANY SOE input. That's bad. We have a lot of Input from the Carpenter Dev in our forum, why not here? He makes it quite clear when things are in planning and discussion, same could be done here very easily.

Quite a few Posters want Guild Halls to almost supersede the game - with private dungeons, private Quests, private arenas... Bad idea in my opinion. Nothing will kill a game like this more effectively than letting all the large Guilds effectively run an MMORPG within EQ2!
    I am totally against that for obvious reasons.
    However, Across The Board Guild quests I AM in favor of, ones ccommon to all Guilds of a certain level. That is an excellent idea - as long as it does not spoil the game content for Unguilded or for small guilds. That HAS to be bottom line.

Guild raids - maybe on PvP servers, I do not want them on PvE ones!
    I played L2 for 2-3 years and it is a PvP and Castle Raiding based game. I once took part in a Castle Raid - all the clans can ally for or against the castle owner, plus you have defender NPC army too. The Lag was so awful even on lowest graphic settings - and L2 is NOT as graphic demanding as EQ2 - was so terrible it literally took 3-4 seconds to make a few short movements. You couldn't predict when you stopped or if you ran into an attacker and committed suicide! You had often hundreds opf players in one area.
    No, I don't like that idea at all.

Guild Housing. Hmm, well we are effectively in a private Instance when in our homes to start with. Here's my ideas.
    I like the idea of sharing a Big House as a Guild home, and sharing costs for it, and choosing to allocate some personal SP to it so we can buy Guild Items, or suggestions to do Quests to get items that ARE geared toward the size not just the Level of the Guild. We have a small Guild, 3 very active members and a couple of occasionals and we got to L 25. We have no hope in hell of doing Raid type quests for our Guild, so have them geared to the number in the Guild too. Why should we, or any other small Guild, who have achieved quite a lot, suffer because we haven't 10 or 20 members?

I like the idea of certain Guild rooms - like a bar area with NPC populations. Nice if you are on alone to have some other beings about the place. Perhaps certain rooms can be unlocked by the across the board Guild Quests I and others have suggested - like craft stations in a real craft hall. Quests that the non-crafter in the Guild helps do as well as say Carpenters, something that levels the field for the smaller guilds or those with less popular crafts in them, thus fewer of those crafters.
    I enjoy when me and another guildie are crating together.

We do need a Fuel Salesman though for that area. A Craft Bank too would be awesome, one that ONLY holds what money we allocate to it and mats and fuels! And it wouldn't take away from the need for the main Bankers in town. It would also help the Crafter only players. And a Craft Broker, again ONLY showing Mats for sale. Once again, it doesn't stop the need to go to town for the main Broker, thus doesn't take focus off the main towns and the main gaming areas.

Housing.
    Using the mechanisms that already exist for the Devs makes it easier all round. We go to an Instance anyway in our houses so use those but Link them to different housing. if Player X has a 5 room house in SFP he can have one of the same level in the Guild cos they are Guild level dependent housing to start with. We could also get the choice to have Qeynosian style or Freeport style Guild houses when we buy one.
    Exit would however depend on our city of origin. Why not make different housing available within the Guild, commensurate with it's level but tie it to exits in Town housing? We could go into our town house and come out in our Guild hall, or come out in the town. Access to Maj'Dul style Guild houses in the Guild Hall at higher levels would be fantastic. Housing costs could then be tied to paying toward Guild rent perhaps? Also it would easily get round the fact we do have Good and Evil toons in our Guild as many of you have. There is no sense at all to make a Guild have to be Good or Evil, thus banning members of the Guild from there. The location of the Guilds can be Neutral ground after all.

Uses for the Guild - common Craft area with quests to unlock craft stations I have mentioned.
    Housing I have mentioned.
    Internal Craft only Broker and Bank in or adjacent to the Craft stations I have mentioned.
    Guild only Banking in a room there
    Keep Craft Writs to the Crafting areas in towns only. It makes us need to use the towns again.
    Recreation area - a bar we can have with NPC bartender and drinks we can drink in there. Food too.
    Seats we can really sit on - at least in Guild Hall if not in our Homes! PLEASE!!Common sitting room we can all decorate like a house.
    Common garden area the same as above.Roll of Honor hall with Guild trophies is a good idea from someone else.
    Guild Noticeboard that members can post on was also good - perhaps Moderated by Guild Officer though to prevent anything inappropriiate or spam.
    Officer Notice board too.
    Same with Quest requests and so on for players needing help to finish quests.
    Set Guild Recall Point - have a Quest for that too, after all a Guild Recall would work the same way the Recall we have works.
    Perhaps a Visitor's area where we can do Trade for making an item for a customer - where we can meet. The Invitation to outsiders of the Guild was a good idea. Can also be used when showing possible new Guild members our Guild facilities.

I loved the pix of the proposed Guild Halls, but honestly do not see the need for a huge place like that. If it IS that large, you are then giving us the need to fill it with all these very good ideas here, but ones that will perhaps take the focus away from the game itself and make the Guild the game focus for too many players if they can do just about anything they can in the game through private dungeons and quests they can devise in the Guild.
    Real Guild Halls were more modest after all, and grew more elaborate as the Guild grew stronger. Do the same here rather than drop us into cathedral like huge impersonal edifices.

Bigger is not always better. Leave the option to grow bigger rather than make it too small, yes. But don't have us rattling inside huge buildings on the outside. The Tardis from Doctor Who is a great idea - looks small on the outside, but growson the inside to meet the needs of the Guild.
    Just my take on it...
  6. ARCHIVED-Kitsune Guest

Why did I find in Neriak, Housing described as a Guild House - cost 1 plat, but no necessary Guild Level to buy it?
    I Visited an owner and found it is inside a typical a Guild L 30, 5 room house, nothing more, and owned by an individual player.

What IS this supposed to be?? REAL Guild Housing or a typo in the designation of the house?
    And why Neriak, the boil of all Starter cities because of Lag and annoying constant noise? It really is almost unplayable at anything but low graphic mode. I have abandoned my Arasai because I can't be bothered to Betray to go live in much more friendly Freeport, which is a shame indeed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Kitsune wrote:
    On a different note. Being Evil the Arasai don't need to betray just a simple citizenship change as I recall. I have done it myself, goto East Freeport talk to the guy in the Guild Registrar building and do 2 quest that don't even require you to leave the city. One takes you to Longshadow to kill two even con mobs. The other requires you to stop 2 groups of people from fighting in EFP (which is you killing them, ironically). That is it, not some long betrayal line. Takes about 10mins.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kitsune Guest

Really? Thanks! That indeed is a sensible way to do it. Is there one for Fae to Qeynos, do you know? One of my Guildies wants to live there. But have any of you others seen the GUILD HOUSE in Neriak?
  9. ARCHIVED-igknats Guest

WOW.. What are we talking about guild halls or guild communes? The premise behind the guild hall is simple (i think) , A place where a guild can meet . Have a Guild vaults, Guild crafting area , a recreation room ( bar, gaming tables). sure it would be nice for the raiding guilds to set up portal to their raid sites. a simple raid npc is needed to sell them a portal for the raid party.For the officers it be nice to have a separate meeting area for them to discuss coming events. sure have a bulletin board for guild members to see guild news.Trophy room ( or bragging room) thats basically whats the Main meeting hall should be used for. With guilds popping up left and right the stucture should all be the same. what can be different about them as the guild grows is the decor of the inside ( like decorating the walls and floor in a regular house).
    Now the concept of the guild commune or castle. now thats different. now thats where the housing comes into play, all the elaborate stuff mentioned in past postings. but take in consideration of those small guilds out there wanting the castle . some players choose not to be in a big guild we like the small friend based guild . In this case the expansion option of a castle should be there as the guild grows.
    It would be fun to get a much of non-guilded players together to raid a guild castle or even guilds raiding guilds..oh wait a minute thats sounds like another game.
    ---The Idea of having Harvesting gardens sounds like great idea for a new tradeskill....Farming.
    ---Yes there should be upkeep cost for guild halls ,but a discount should be there if the guild has master crafters in their guild. no matter if they are carpenters or not
  10. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Kaalenarc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    How you gonna fit those 1K+ peeps in your guildhall, Kaal?
  11. ARCHIVED-FreeLord31 Guest

well, for those that haven't checked the calendar of events for the next coming months (SHAME ON YOU!!), Guild Halls have been announced and are coming in September. so we will all get to see what SOE finally decided to put in and what to leave out then. I for one, can't wait.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

I also like the idea of housing within the guild halls. It would be made available to the members only (no doubt). I also like the idea of the guild hall improving as your guild levels. Possibly new sections open up, it expands, or newer versions become available with better quality. Possibly the housing could be a small hallway with rooms along the sides. Each room is a different tier with a different price. The problem is who would you be paying rent to? The guild vault? :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Vlod@Nagafen wrote:
    I am going to go out on a limb here and leak some information. I hope this will not jeopardize my employment.

Drum roll please....

YES! We are definitely doing Guild Halls, and they are AWESOME! :)

Seriously though, I really can't wait until we can talk more about them, but unfortunately we haven't been given the go-ahead yet, so everyone will have to patiently speculate on what will and will not be a feature of Guild Halls.

However, if you make your way to Fan Faire in Las Vegas on August 14-17, you MIGHT just be one of the first to learn more about them! Oh... and you can buy me a drink! :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    No fair! It costs too much and is too dar away :( You guys need to do this in Virginia... Like Virginia Beach *wink*

I look forward to seeing posts from people who go though.... lol
  15. ARCHIVED-Autenil Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    *Speculates the future of Rothgar's employment*

Ok, we'll keep you.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jurmoon Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I will be happy to buy a drink *and* dinner to any developer willing to sit down and have a chat about the problems of the shadowknight class. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Dang Rothgar has implemented so many things that I have personally asked for via private messages. Problem is I'm not going to FF, but if I was I would buy him a few drinks...maybe a little too many to make him tell me a few things about the future of EQ2.
  18. ARCHIVED-BlakkMantis Guest

Like our call of Qeynos or call of Freeport, I'd like to see a call to guildhall. If Cl and Ant are where these halls are going to be, it's going to be a major pain in the butt for those living in Neriak, Gorowyn or Kelethin to get to. It will also aide in the guild halls actually being used by its members rather than be some fortress on a rock someplace never being visited hardly, let alone used by all its members.
  19. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Voxx@Everfrost wrote:
    I beleave when they said it was to be "off Qeynos and Freeport" I think they ment the art for the hall and not the actual access to it. Basically if you stand in Antonica(probably near Cold Wind Point) off in the distance you will see an Island with a Castle like thing on it. My guess would be a Gate to Hall would be the first feature available to guilds.
  20. ARCHIVED-PonderStibbons Guest

Autenil wrote:
    ... in a jar on Brenlo's desk?

Poor Rothgar... he was just giddy with the excitement for a moment there.

I mean... guildhalls.. That's just.. *headasplode*-full of joy joy happy.