Chrono Dungeon Reward/System feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Rojjr, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This is exactly what many of the players are saying and rightly complaining about. I am tired of working a full-time job to come home to a second full time commitment to farming, grinding incessantly for ridiculous rewards. This game has tuned into the constant chasing the carrot only to get the rotten turnip. Raid zones should offer adequate quality and amount of raid gear to gear a team, that's the point of raiding. Not these two pieces of gear for a 24-person team per name joke.

Add in the insults of the chrono dungeons being nerfed and the prices of the item not changed to reflect is absurd. If the chrono dungeons are not going to be increased back to were they were, then the prices of the adorns should be dropped to 1/10th of where they are now to make it even possible to get them completed this year, again, without having to commit to grinding daily to get coins, or as many have done, grind an army of alts to get the coins faster. This is another slap in the face to the casual player, and you can forget any new players wanting to get into that mess.

Lets not bring up the joke of the new avatar year of the darkpaw circus. Again, mindless grinding to waste the players time on endless farming, grinding to get coins and soon to be worthless items. For once can we not be able to have the items, adorns, gear etc. in the beginning of the expac so that we can actually enjoy them through the year, instead of the SSDD of getting finally getting everything and then oh look a new expac is launching and everything you worked on for the entire year is now replaced with solo gear from the new zones.

I have never seen a game developer so determined to destroy its own products and piss off its player base, but this is taking the cake again this year. It's no wonder why EQ2 is all but dead when the players are constantly shoved into the ground.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Don't get off point. Raid gear dropping 2/3 pieces plus crates (after they were changed) is fine. If 6 pieces dropped a raid, then we would complain there is nothing to really do and you would end up with more crap like chrono dungeons.

Chrono dungeons again, need to have 130 coins awarded as max and then 50 for every run you do after that. The prices were raised. There is honestly, counting immunity runes, maybe 8 total runes out of all that nonsense we may use, but at the rate it is now, you won't see the last one until new expac and joy, you don't need it any longer.

The items from darkpaw won't be worthless (weapons), adding more resolve to the raid and being able to use two items (if you get enough currency) to do so atm.

There really is only one quest worth doing, the chrono quests for the darkpaw camps are just a waste of time and the others give crap for coins.. There is actually one of the quests that you lose 10k status doing ROFL. Do a quest and lose status.

SO keep on topic of Chrono dungeons are bad.... Year of darkpaw could use more coins as rewards (nobody is chasing that stupid alter everytime for 10 coins or 15, whatever it is), and just keep raids in a separate chat, like the one someone started last night or this morning (can't remember).
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

i was suprised that the 7 kill reward is the Max you can get for dailsy or weekly., especialy since half the Named mobs in Tofs no longer count
  4. Ayumu Member

The problem is simple:

The players found a loot cave that let us solve a problem put before us. Devs! Slapped! Our! Hands! Away!

And then the developers increased the grind by adding extra levels to the grind!

They made the problem worse! And they refuse to roll their "solution" back!

We are NOT appeased by this! We are mad!

Why is this bad? Well it treats your players poorly, like children misbehaving. Really, we've been playing and playing smart. But you come along and go "no, that's not how it's supposed to be" and make things drastically worse for us. It's demeaning.

Solutions: revert the change, add extra rewards to the chrono dungeons, or drop the prices on runes.

Revert the changes: Easiest solution. But damage is done. Darkpaw has lost player faith.

Add rewards: my preferred change. This has the potential to solve another problem as well, the status costs. Add extra drops to the quest, maybe a chance for a rune from a box at the end.

Drop the prices: Don't just revert, drop the prices lower. This will cause some problems with people who have already bought runes. So maybe pair this with a one time pay out of the chrono coins and status items for people who already have the runes.

For the developers, it's on you to do better.
  5. Banana Tree Member

Attn: Developers

Penny for your thoughts!
  6. Levv New Member

No response from the devs on this topic at all. Not surprised... Heads too far up their...
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

Even worse, the price to get to where we were has increased. I'm really, really kicking myself hard for not buying out what I had the coin for. I was still making up my mind if I wanted to do a full compliment on my first character, or save some of them for a second. When the patch landed, I hadn't made up my mind. Now the price to finish the compliment on my main character has increased, and doing it for my second character almost seems like a fool's errand.
    Hellfiren and SolarFaire like this.
  8. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Bump bump,
    This system needs to be put back to the way it was by rewarding 130 coins max per weekly and then slowing going down in rewards to a max of 50 if i want to run 15 times. The way it is now, I haven't set foot back inside a chrono dungeon as it's just simply not worth the headache and it's not fun. With the coins at 130 it was at least something we all logged on to do. Only a few runes are worthwhile and at the prices like most of these posts have stated, means you're getting it on a main and that's it. I don't even care if you don't make them heirloom to buy for alts if you increase the rewards again. Then i can spread out the currency on my alts to get what i feel i need.

P.S.
    This system needs to not be a thing next expac. Chalk it up as a failed attempt, put runes back on TSers and be done with this whole chrono thing. I'm not sure how you guys thought this would be fun.. like at all.
    SolarFaire, Hellfiren and Manafizzle like this.
  9. Aggy Active Member

Since they fixed it no one wants to run chronos anymore. Before the 'fix' there were people LFG all the time. Now unless you get into a static group that plans to do it once a week you are S.O.L. Don't you want us grouping together in the community?
    SolarFaire and Manafizzle like this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Static groups barely go here because the coin earning is abysmal...most rather run h2's for CBOC gear chance and say **** Chronos.
    Aggy, SolarFaire and Manafizzle like this.
  11. Barmy Member

Yep.. Tonight on HoF after the weekly quest resets absolutely no groups happening for chrono runs at all. Theres people in my guild talking about quitting over this because the grind has now become ridiculous. Which is a shame as this xpac has actually bought a few players back which have skipped a few xpacs due to how easy it started off to get back into after you have had a break.This nerf has just stuffed all that up and a lot of people wont stick around now.
    I was on the verge of reactivating some old accounts and buying a couple more copies of the xpac myself to play some of my old toons again as well.. Honestly dont think im going to bother now with the grind involved just to get some of the same stuff back again you could just get from a starter crate in previous xpacs. Havent even started the other stupid coin grind thats been implemented for charms and weapons.. FFS lets just be able to kill stuff to get items or be able to craft it if your that way inclined. Or even just be able to farm one type of currency and price the items accordingly. Having to spread your time between multiple tasks and hoping everyone else is on the same page and has the same goals is killing grouping now and it all seemed to start off pretty well at the start of the xpac.. Sort it out
    Sedient, Aggy, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  12. Zexos New Member

EASIEST FIX FOR THIS

Make the chrono quest a turn in, and allow us to run multiple zones to get the full 17 kill bonus.

Allows casual players to get this done over multiple days. Grinders can go to town and deal with lockouts/reduced rewards still.
    SolarFaire, Kalemaroni and Hellfiren like this.
  13. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

You hit the POINT thats what all of us told the DEVS from day 1 but they decided to play the 3 Apes DONT SEE DONT LISTEN DONT SPEAK thats it and unlike and sadlywise this is not the first case in a history of EPIC FAILS
    SolarFaire likes this.
  14. Kalemaroni New Member

I don't think anyone will be maxing anything out first. If they have any sense they will be getting the first tier of the most important runes and then upgrading the best ones one at a time.
  15. Bentenn Well-Known Member

No the easiest is to just put the max number of coins for turn in at 130 and then any run after that a max of 50. That's the easiest. They say making quests takes like 3 days a quest or something like that. Too many for them to fix, so just revert back, or just make them buyable with zimara currency and do away with fragments of time.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  16. Sedient Active Member

I've thought this a number of times. I'm not sure why we need to have so many currencies to begin with
    SolarFaire likes this.
  17. Kojacke Active Member

Bump. Because this should not be forgotten and the lack of response is beyond appalling. Downright infuriating. Insulting, even.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  18. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Another variable is now RNG. It looked good on first view that the runes dropping in the first two tiers (Solo & Heroics) but now some get all while other.... i guess you know...
  19. Aumarea New Member

Bump because this thread should be acknowledged by the devs.
  20. Bentenn Well-Known Member

So you can't just buy the starter rune anymore? I've boycotted chrono dungeons since they made the change. Not that anyone cares about the "boycott" but it's still the mere fact that I've just said I'm not wasting my time any longer. Very frustrating for more than me as well, especially when u make something like this.

@devs, please just put this back the way you released it and after this expac, do away with it at the next expac and then when you would like to implement something, ask your playerbase. IT was in during beta and people there was about 50/50, released it was good and people actually ran them, after the change, it's not even worth our time.
    SolarFaire and Manafizzle like this.