Chrono Dungeon Reward/System feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Rojjr, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Rojjr Active Member

First of all, the Chrono Dungeon Reward per mission should be increased. Nobody wants to grind vasty deep/ice shard keep etc 40 times to get one rune upgrades.

Second, I would like to see a significant status reward attached to Chrono dungeons since the rewards also cost status.

Finally, I personally would prefer that the Chrono system somehow assign you a specific dungeon to run, and tie the reward to completion instead of this whacky kill X bosses. That way we could at least have a little spice and not always have some one dungeon that everyone runes because it's the best.
    Brailyn, Aumarea, Stormkat and 32 others like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well Umbral Halls got "corrected" with no notice that I saw.
    Banki likes this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I agree, especially since there is no dungeon available that will actually allow for 17 Kills. Unless I am missing something. We spent a lot of hours running down zones to maximize our ROI on our time. Now that the only zone that was actually able to provide 17 legit kills has been squashed to 7/17 (with a bonus mob that isn't guaranteed) has been, well squashed. What are we supposed to do?

It feels like they implemented a system that while the reward was decent but yet grindy and boring after about 20 runs has now been down graded to "Sorry Player Base, we don't want to actually reward you. These runes were meant to take the player who has a job 2 years to max out."

I mean c'mon Devs! I don't know who is making the decisions on the team, but can we at least have the discussion on how to improve the time investment vs. reward? And why on earth is there a 0/17 reward if it is not really meant to be attainable?
  4. Bigstomp Member

I concur. At very least the farm should not take longer than it previously did to get to the same stage. Doing so only puts returning / new players at a disadvantage.
    Ayumu, Aggy, Jinksie and 1 other person like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Adding a big status chunk to the weekly/daily missions would be a big help.
  6. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

This is an unreasonable time ask for your player base, and it does need to be reconsidered. Look at the time you are asking everyone to spend just to max out one rune. Multiply that by every rune we should have as raiders. Also consider that the activities needed to earn these coins are not fun and exciting, people hate it.

Consider also that your players are MOSTLY working adults, average probably high forties. It seems that you expect players to be online 20 hours a day if they want to function. We can't do that.

Status needs to come from somewhere. This isn't working for us.
    Stormkat, BrokenMage, Taliss and 11 others like this.
  7. Ludilly Member

Totally agree. It seems devs are targeting players who are playing this game multiple hours a day. That is a tiny fraction of the userbase. Most of us have 1-2 hours a night, and a few hours on the weekend. But we want to raid and need that time too.

I'm not totally aligned with requiring specific dungeon runs. I think the # mobs works, if that number and the resulting coin rewards is readjusted to be reasonable against the rune costs. So if the values were recalibrated, I think users would be ok with this method/mechanic. And the point about thinking about the amount of time required to achieve this would be a very good way for devs to consider these types of changes and where to set thresholds.
    Beee, Kenway, Banki and 3 others like this.
  8. Erin Member

One simple fix would be for the mission not to end when you zone out. You would run 2 or 3 or 5 dungeons and get your 20 kills (it's not 17, it's 20, just sayin'). But yes, i want the same answer. If there are NO dungeons intended to allow 20 kills without an apparent exploit, then why is the mission for 20 kills?
    Taliss, Beee, Ayumu and 6 others like this.
  9. Erin Member

I think the idea for the specific dungeon is like the daily double maybe? Where you get more coins for running the "preferred" dungeon of the day, and they would rotate through all of them, you get extra coins as incentive, and you aren't bored out of your f'ing mind running the same "optimal" dungeon over and over and over and over and...
    Banki, Sanshiro and Jinksie like this.
  10. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Maybe just have a weekly currency cap along with some of the suggestions here? That would help better align currency costs of items with a more accurate rate of earn expectation.
  11. Games'nGhosts Active Member

And be soloable!
    manashock, Kenway, Banki and 4 others like this.
  12. Bigstomp Member

Maybe could add a system that lets us buy this with current Xpack currency since people universally seem to dislike this concept?
    Banki likes this.
  13. Jayke H New Member

Totally agree.

I would like us to be given the chance of actually hitting the T4 reward (20/20), so I think going forward this wouldn't be a terrible idea. (Once per week **Weekly**) We're given the Chrono Quest (Pick Up & Manual Hand In) where we can do multiple zones to get 20/20, but that quest is only available every 7 days, this gives players the opportunity to get a T4 reward once a week, but also doesn't allow for it to be abused and done every single day, and then just leave the daily/secondary and tertiary as they are. (I also don't know if I'm a big fan of the commander session, I have been in mulitple groups where its like "I never get to use mine" and someone else hasn't got to use theirs and it just creates slight awkwardness)
    Taliss, Ayumu and Aggy like this.
  14. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The changes will leave player in 3 Categories.

First Category, those with maxed adorns, thanks to multiple Alt runs.

Second Category, i belong to those, that either don't have time (RL anyone) or Alts to Run. Those player might have the Juxta Rune maxed and maybe some immunity runes.

Third Category, those new and returning player are now "late to the party". I do not know why any Dev or Suit Guy believes cutting potential player and income is a good choice.

But the bigger question is "Why do we need 6 Tiers " for each rune ?

I try to thing of anything Besides artificial gatekeeping and slowing down player . Till now i have not come up with any other answer. Do you have a different answer ?
    SolarFaire, Kenway, Banki and 5 others like this.
  15. barcevik New Member

This really is like a bad joke. So people who had time during xmas could run and bought all adorns with a lower price and we are being punished now since:
    1. Adorns cost more now /Being raised from 483 to 665,
    2. You can get less adorns because ToFs will not give 17 anymore
    SolarFaire, Kenway, Arclite and 4 others like this.
  16. Grimmonur New Member

Allowing either to run current zones for chrono coins or buy chrono coins with current currency would be great. I don't want to spend time grinding zones for no current reward. I would rather get with players to progress with gear and other drop items then a bunch of old gear from chests that are never opened because it slows you down. The chrono zone concept was fine for a few run though old zones but then you remember how many times you have run them in the past and it gets old quick.

Alts are getting really hurt by the status costs as well. 3.5 M SP for researched no trades are way to high and not allowing unlock for the chrono items is cruel. Every item that is bought should be account unlocked so you can purchase them for free. This reduces calls to support from people that have lost the items or deleted. If you are trying to make more money and spend less time with support doing trivial things then eliminate the cause of most of the calls.

These new ideas are good but you need to remember that you cannot place the carrot to far away. I will only do the things that seem reasonable for a time. I have seen so many things that I know have taken a lot of time to develop and would have been fun but they are then made to hard for the average player to even attempt and the elite player only wants to do it once for the achievement and then never again. I would rather have easier zones that more players can spend time running and enjoy the rewards. If there are no rewards then find another game that fills that desire or need, which I have seen a lot of people do.
    Banki likes this.
  17. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I would love a soloable option. That way I am not dependent on others to earn these coins.
    Falkira, Stormkat, BrokenMage and 4 others like this.
  18. Leasha Member

If the intent is to keep players active in game, this will likely have the opposite effect. Grinding old repetitive content that's neither fun nor challenging in order to maximize our performance for current content will likely drive players away. If I'm falling asleep trying to re-run the same old zones on multiple alts in order to afford the runes for one main toon, I'll likely look elsewhere for something more interesting to do... unless that's the plan all along.
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Everyone will get Field Medic maxxed out, so lets start there.

It takes 665 coins to obtain this rune and 7,653,464 Status.

A weekly run on one toon for chrono gets you 40 coins. I have 6 toons i was running (will no longer do this) to get coins, so that is 240 coins. It would take me three weeks running 6 toons through the weekly chrono to get this top tier rune. If I only run one toon, it would take me 4 months to get this rune. This is just super unsatisfactory and needs to be fixed. This system was looked at by a few on beta and said it was horrible, but again it got a pass. People found a way to make it work and allow us to still get enough coins to feed some alts and enjoy the game again and boom, squashed. No fun allowed.

If you want us to use the zones, then increase the rewards or lower the cost of the runes. The above is only for one rune, when there are at least 4 more of each rune to get, depending on your class. 4 months x2 is 8 months in and we're in beta for next expac having never touched any other rune.

Up the rewards for weekly runs back to 130 coins. Leave the cost where it is for chronos. Lower the status requirements, so more new people can actually get some since about an average of 1 million status a night is all you can earn, for average players. Most people don't stay on all night playing anymore, nor do they put 40 hrs a week into the game. You're going to start bleeding people soon, just as you did last expac when it finally was admitted that the expac wasn't well received.

You hit solid ground to begin with, with this expac, only needing to make small adjustments. Status was one of those items. Well now you completely just lost everyone, AGAIN. Already people that said they would give this expac a chance are now ready to drop subs and bounce because the one thing you do need, and you've made sure of it, is runes. These are seriously unobtainable at the current ponshi scheme you have in place.
    SolarFaire, Ganador, Kenway and 4 others like this.
  20. Taled Well-Known Member

Wrong.
    Beee and Jrox like this.