Chrono Dungeon Reward/System feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Rojjr, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

Chill...

Good for you that you play that many alts and raid on them.

The point is that your primary toon that you spend the most time on should allow you to sustain it on its own in a reasonable manner in terms of what is required of that class to be effective in its role. If you have to rely on alts to keep up then that will become an issue. The runes are critical to competitive play (and probably designed with raiders in mind) and should be put on that curve. If you play solo and casually group then there is really no need to get the chrono runes at all. So the idea to use your "farming alts" to pool currency for use into one (or multiple) toons fast becomes redundant - I am just strictly speaking of chrono currency here and nothing else. Plenty of botters with alts running wild on Thurgadin for years so that is not going to change any time soon.

Rather, they should remediate this by coming up something that a) is not boring and b) caters for all types of playing (non-alters included). The currency numbers i put in above were just a general example of what it could be, nothing set in stone nor do I say they should be done like that.

Main point was to make chrono currency grind reasonable. In its current format it is yet another failed implementation of what could have been a decent idea.
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

I would add that my Static Group and my guildy's didn't enjoy the prospect of having to farm this stuff for as long as it was "already" going to take. Now it appears as though it will be almost three times as long as what was originally intended to get what we need off the vendor.

Look, I get you don't want everything obtained at once, but there are quality of life adornments on the broker that you simply need to have as a Raider and someone who loves to play on the challenging end of the game, what's left of it. And having to go in the chrono dungeons everynight, even in our grp takes roughly 20 minutes to roll through.

[IMG]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMpQhkcoWnZC0MsiFPsSDm1luVGXhr17F2x8yiZ

While 20minutes may not seem like much, those of us with jobs, raid nights, weekly group missions H1 2 and 3 different overland's, solos, Isle of Mara Event happening, it's a big ask and this is before you have even implemented the T2 Raid coming up.

I ran Umbral twice yesterday to see what I could possibly squeeze out of it. The first run we got to twelve by doing the Brides quest 5 times. The second run we were only able to get 7 because on this run, two of the mobs that had feathers the previous run had feathers and this one did not. What determines a mobs viability? I mean everyone of these encounters is a boss encounter. You Devs are always on us about cheesing things and finding ways to manipulate the zones, and just what exactly do you call this. Trying to do it in the legit way and now you do exactly what you scold us for.

I honestly feel at this point the whole system should be scrubbed and redeveloped onto a more equal playing field with more realistic time gating measures. There are a ton of people on the fence about just completely giving up due to this. I mean it's like every x-pack something is done that just feels like you want to alienate more people. No one here wants to leave, most of us have been through many debacles in our trailblazing through the world of Norrath. But man you hit the hornets nest pretty hard with this bat. I see people commenting that have in years past been your unyielding defenders.

It looks as though even with all the likes on the OP, and coming here, "the place we were asked to post, has not garnered any response. Once again it feels as though it's falling on deaf ears. Just make it right, and spell out the intended time gate. I just do not want to spend an entire xpack where I have to run Umbral Halls once a night for 365 days just to get what I need to be at my best. It shouldn't take an entire xpack to get all of the adornments.
    Sedient, Jest, Hellfiren and 3 others like this.
  3. Levv New Member

FFS Daybreak... This expac was going pretty well. The rewards didn't seem out of reach, the progression seemed good. The grind for the chrono coins wasn't too bad... And then this. Do you hate us? Do you think we like to grind the same thing a million times for a measly reward? Seriously, I go away for 3 days and when I came back I went to buy the immunity runes for my tank, to find out you added tier 1, and increased the cost. And then I find out you nerfed the one dungeon that gave a reasonable reward.

So, 16 coins per run, tier 1 rune costs 120 coins, tier 2 an additional 48. 168 coins for the tier 2 rune, which translates to over 10 runs. Really? WTF Did you do any calculations to see what was reasonable before you nerfed it all?
    Sedient, Myxx, Jinksie and 5 others like this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

My main can sustain himself. My alts also raid in guilds that kill all end game stuff and they need the runes as well. Just because I could manage my numbers and buy certain runes to a certain level doesn’t mean i cheat the system. If I want to make all max toons on my account to farm coins then I pay the sub to do so. Nothing is stopping you from doing the same.

So again, revert max currency back to 130, lower the prices of the runes and everyone is happy. Seems like yours against alts which means this expac at this point now works well in your favor.
    SolarFaire and Manafizzle like this.
  5. Bentenn Well-Known Member

This right here. Scrub it and put runes back on TSers and call it a day. Make them more powerful through achievements.
    SolarFaire, Manafizzle, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  6. Aethos Well-Known Member

I finally found a way to put this:

I feel like I'm playing an early release steam game.
    Does that seem insulting? Maybe. But that's how it feels.

First: Hey here's a thing you can casually do for some useful stuff!
    Live: YOU HAVE TO DO THIS AND DO THIS CONSTANTLY
    Later: well there are some ways to get them quickly, we'll let this fly for awhile
    then: WE'RE NERFING THE AMOUNT YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET ACROSS THE BOARD AND ALSO RAISING THE COSTS ACROSS THE BOARD BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BUY MORE STUFF
    after that: oh but here you can buy the starter one for cheap so it's more casual friendly

wth is this? an early release steam game where the design philosophy changes every patch?

Just stop. Stop making this game a job. Stop. Stop stop stop stop stop. People who want to play nothing but EQ2 have plenty to do throughout the entire game - and if they only want to play end game, they can roll alts. I would like to play alts, personally, but I absolutely do not have time.

I thought BoZ was gonna be a breath of fresh air. And in terms of content accessibility it is. But you've then taken a step in the right direction and just inserted this absurd level of grind.

Although honestly, a lot of this wouldn't be such a problem, I think, if the game had a healthy population. It doesn't, though, and that needs to be adapted to. Time for a reality check.

My favorite things to do in this game are raid and digging for lore (through quests, usually). I don't have time to do the latter. I barely have time to do the former because of everything that's required to stay current. I'm beginning to think I won't be playing this game for much longer.
    Dude, Kojacke, Jinksie and 6 others like this.
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

@devs, think we can get some feedback on this particular thread. Obviously there is great disdain towards this change and there are plenty of people that have told me they just don't want to waste their time typing something up as things hardly ever get changed with feedback. If you choose to comment, your choice of course, at least don't say we're looking at it. Give us some type of answer that is legit. Right now the way this is, you will absolutely without a doubt spend more time trying to run chronos that in your brand new nice expac. That should say enough as it is. Even if you choose to only go halfway on some of the runes, it would take you months to accumulate needed adorns.
    Kojacke and Manafizzle like this.
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Perfectly put.

[IMG]
    Arclite and Aethos like this.
  9. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

I am gonna just say it. With as many likes to the OP, and all the posts and replies here and all their likes, add to that the comments in EQ2 Discord on this subject... Daybreak Games and Dark Paw, why are you ignoring your player base? You all screwed up, and NOT one of you all have a comment, an explanation, or even a "suck it up and play, or leave" comment? Is this how you treat paying customers, especially the customer base that this game has that has been tried, true and loyal to this title for going on 20 years??? Unbelievable. Not everyone is in discord... a ton got booted when a DEV or two had a thin skin and started booting people from Discord, but yet they are still here paying and playing.

We all deserve an answer and an explanation. No reply at all, will show everyone what you think of us all... (if no one sees me on here any longer... you know what happened.)
  10. Smashey Well-Known Member

There are many great feedback threads on page 1 of the general feedback forums. Unfortunately all of them have zero developer interaction.

I understand why players have given up with providing feedback. Its completely ignored and the pipeline for fixes or change is way too long. An example is the Warlock thread, the Warlock players have waiting since Dec 2020 now for the exact same issues to be sorted. THREE YEARS!!!

If they dont have the manpower to sort the content they release they should just come out and tell us instead of this odd game of pretending they are trying to do.
    Hellfiren and Aethos like this.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Guessing tomorrow is a server reset and not an update, other than the new raid zone is opened, so probably won't see any action on this until next week. I truly hope they are going to readjust this very flawed system.
  12. Akada Member

There is an additional point, that many of you not focused actually.
    Have someone ever calculate how many barding patterns needed and upgraded with crono coins to max out one barding?
    And then there are 11 barding slot on your mount.

I think, when mathematics was in school, the devs prefrered to hear Shakespaere instead.
    Hellfiren, Beee and barcevik like this.
  13. Kojacke Active Member

So let's talk about the value of a full-time player's Time Investment
    As in this may not be completely accurate but I am one of the players in this game that does not have a single night of the week not dedicated to getting things done in this game AND a full-time job. I also have no children, and no obligations outside of my friends in this game. So I'm an extremely AVAILABLE player. Most will not have as much free time as I do, and even with all this "free time" that I have, it's unattainable.
    There are 168 hours in a week.
    If you sleep 8hrs a day, as a person should, then you have a total of 112 hours to spare outside of sleeping.
    Full-time employees working 40-45hr weeks then have 67 hours free in that week.
    Then you add in raid nights: that's another 6-9 hours of the week depending on what guild's schedule you're on. Bringing us to 58 hours.
    Add in Heroic Weekly 1 and 2, I personally am a very high dps class so it doesn't take me nearly as long to get through as some other groups, so I'll be generous and lower the time investment to the amount of time I personally spend in the zones, but know that it could be up to 1.5-3x this time. 2-3 hours to get through both H1 and H2 weeklies. Only one time a week for this, so that brings it down to 55 hours remaining for the week.
    Heroic 2 farming: 18hr lockout, should be doing these every day that you can to try and replace old CBoC items (which I thought we weren't supposed to be chasing CBoC this year? What happened to that?) A full run of all 6 is between 2-3 hours for me. (setup depending). That's 2-3 hours 6 of 7 days of the week (cuz I'm not double counting the weekly run).
    That brings us to a remaining 43 hours of the week.
    Annnnd Chrono.... it takes about 20 minutes to finish the zone for a reward (Max I have seen is 28, without committing any nonsense for extra spawns).
    If we add in trying to get our runes through chrono, we simply won't have time left to go out and be a person.
    As someone that is in this game every. single. day. for multiple. hours. a. day..... this is too much work, and don't even get me started on trying to work on my raid alt, what an absolute nightmare.

And add the status costs on top? UGH.

Edit: This doesn't even look at the Avatar event that's going on either, cuz that's another apparently astronomical time investment, in looking at the costs of the upgrades lol
    Twyla, Hellfiren, Aggy and 2 others like this.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Not sure where anyone got that idea.

As to the rest of your calculations: Keep in mind that they don't expect us to finish farming everything in the first month of an expansion. While a lot of us want to 'finish' the basic farming stuff quickly, their goal is to keep people occupied for the entire expansion - which leaves you with either 'take your time' or 'burn out' as options.
  15. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Occupied for the entire expansion doing fun things would be fine.

Instead, we are occupied for the entire expansion doing things that are the in-game enjoyment equivalent of cutting the grass on the lawn with a pair of preschooler scissors, scrubbing a truck clean with a toothbrush, cleaning dog vomit out of a heat register...that's the level of fun I'm having with all of these pricey grind-fest activities and time-sink nonsense.

As Kojacke pointed out, the time they are asking out of our real lives to earn this stuff...even over a period of months...is unreasonable.

We are already obligated to hours of overseers, harvesting, solos, and heroics. Now we need to farm chrono currency at miniscule increments per run and ALSO find time to fit in grinding out thousands of avatar currency on top of it?

When people are looking for engagement, they are looking for content that is interesting and fun so they can demonstrate their skill and be an asset while spending time with their in-game friends doing heroics and raids. Artificial poverty isn't fun. Not being able to get what you need to function isn't fun. Feeling like a burden to those friends isn't fun when you don't have 18 hours a day to commit to the grind. Feeling like a burden to those friends isn't fun when you don't have billions of status saved up to make sure you can get the best available stuff.

By the time we're properly geared for this content (assuming, of course, that one has the status to get there...which I don't...) it'll be obsolete because they'll be releasing another new set of grind-fest things to occupy our time while flagging the things we're grinding now to not work in their new content just so they can artificially ensure that we spend every possible second of our lives jumping through their carefully designed hoops that end up giving us almost nothing ever. You can run hours and hours in a day and not be any better off at the end of those hours than you were at the beginning because so much is RNG and there is nothing you can do about it.

I disagree that 'take your time' should mean we don't get ANY options for runes that we need other than this grind. The old ones don't work and nothing else exists as an option. I'm not talking best of the best, I'm talking basic functioning.

What it feels like I'm hearing is, "You shouldn't expect to EARN anything for the time you put in." I wouldn't take that job...would you?
    Twyla, Hellfiren, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  16. Kojacke Active Member

Ignoring the CBoC comment... that's great and all but by the time you finish when you "take your time" you're already miles behind the curve. The time commitment to be an actually *competitive player* is what my breakdown is related to. Yes, at the rate I am going, I will be done with H1 and H2 farming pretty quickly into the expansion, but that is the ONLY parts I will be done with. Most likely, by the time that happens, we'll have a heroic GU that I'll have to put the SAME level of effort into. It's unsustainable. Period.
    Even with all the time that I personally am putting into this game, I will NOT be finished at this rate by the time the GU comes out, which will ABSOLUTELY increase the workload EVEN MORE. And I've not even tried to put real effort into my raid alt at this point, I feel really bad for multi-raiders right now, idk how they'll keep going at this rate.
    (caps aren't yelling, I just don't like the formatting options on forums)
    Hellfiren and SolarFaire like this.
  17. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

The Problem is the Player Base want to finish everything fast because this game is called Everquest not Everfarm or Farm untill you die.
    I want to play the game which means get your stuff fast and than Grouping or Raiding not farm 6month for play 5 month thats not the game.
    The major point is at some point of the game we want to hook off things we never need to do again, which means you have done this and can focus the next but the mass of things to be done simultanious dosnt allow this > content ok but not 5 or 6 Construction Grounds at once like we have for 3 Expas now why we are forced to run 3 or 4 things over the same perriod of time why not say hey the currency you need is all patched into current live content which not means Chrono Dundgens / Event for the Avatars extra quest , and a extra quest here and a extra quest thier NO put all FU:::::: PEEEEEEEEP currency in solos / H1 / H2 / H3 maybe Raid with upraising amount of rewards / coins and JoB done so thier is a way to get the stuff done all in once and not 5 Weddings the same Day and Time.

Most of us have Jobs and Family or Friends or i call it Real Life and not want a 2nd 8H Job not to mention that this amount of farming for only one Toon is absolutly crazy and evan we get not anything except some litle give aways as account flag is 100% not alt friendly and i hear it like it was yesterday when the DB said we will get more ALT friendly hahhhahhahahah LOL what your doing is 100% the opposite its like you say i will offer you some Chips with Ketchup and you serve some with vinager .
    Vlkodlak, SolarFaire and Kojacke like this.
  18. Magic Missiles Active Member

How about making it an account unlock and alts access the adorns at low or a minimal plat and status cost?
    Mains will still struggle to unlock everything at the current crazy prices, so not a fix-all in iteself but omg stop making playing alts such a drag.
    BrokenMage, SolarFaire and Twyla like this.
  19. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

So, checking a few other Forum Posts, I thought maybe they just don't come here, and don't see all these posts. One can see that ttobey and gninja have made recent posts on the forums. So, it isn't like they never visit the forums. This leads one to believe they just don't care enough about the player base. What they did is gonna stand and does not deserve an answer or explanation. Everyone here is wanting an explanation, a reason why they are doing what they are doing. Well, at least now we know where we stand as customers. There is always harvesting and decorating for ALL you alts!!!

And yes I replied to my own post, not to hype it, but so I wouldn't have to type it all in again lol.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  20. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Those 2 are for different things and can only do so much. There is one that can fix this particular problem.
    Manafizzle likes this.