Character slots available October 5th!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Vannin Guest

I recently deleted some alts as I had the 5 "extra" slots from when I used to have a station account. If I buy extra slots will I be able to recover some of the deleted chars?
  2. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Vannin wrote:
    if you went through the delete process, no i don't believe so, had you just down graded from SA to regular sub, and the chars where "hidden" and you bought the extra char slots then they'd just be shown in order of last time played.
  3. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

You might be able to petition and try to get those characters restored. But maybe contact customer service before purchasing the extra slots so you don't waste your money.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Annelise@Guk wrote:
    You can petition and retrieve them if they were deleted within the year.
  5. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

Gungo wrote:
    QFT!

I have had toons restored 3 years deleted so it is possible.
    I spent 100.00 on extra toons :) So they finally found a way to hook me with SC :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Treyya Guest

This is a nice idea. Too bad it wasn't available before the "hidden toons" on my old Station Pass accounts were no longer available. The money I had to spend on an account transfer to "save" my level 90 jeweler could have been used for this... *shrugs* ... Still nice to be able to recover a couple of suicided toons, I guess.
  7. ARCHIVED-Vannin Guest

Thanks for the answers. I'd assumed that a petition would get me want and it has. Cheers.
  8. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

I have purchased 14 slots so far and I forsee me buying 3 to 4 more :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    How many more things that at one time were supposedly 'impossible' are you guys going to release via the Marketplace, now that you can charge us real money for them? For that matter, what happened to Smedley's promise that there would never be RMT on non-exchange servers in EQ2? What's next? A class-change potion for $50? /eyeroll
  10. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

This thread needs to be closed. It's just whining and trolling now. $10 is a good price for a lifetime character slot, especially when there was just a 50% off stationcash promotion. Just as tradeskillers have had a Tradeskill Class Reset for many years, allowing you to reset to level 9 and pick a new class, we will soon have an Adventure Class Reset which will probably (not announced yet) reset to level 9 and let you pick a different adventure class. It won't be a StationCash thing as far as I know.
  11. ARCHIVED-Trellium Guest

Illiam@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Software changes. Databases are modified. Hardware is added, and larger drives become available for a reasonable price.
    The world changes, maybe it is you who expects it to stay the same?
    From our perspective, we just love this change and added several slots to our accounts. Not only that, but I also ended up buying a lot more points when they were on sale, and even a few other items. In other words, it's a bit irritating that the marketing department actually talked me out of money!

Andok wrote:
    Well, in Canada we called them "cubicles". They are like really, really simple dungeons with about a million instances each with one mob in it and an epic mob who only comes out on payday.
  12. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Illiam's complaint is not so much that they are now releasing things that were previously deemed impossible, but more that they are being released only to those who can pay real cash for them, what about coming up for new quests for them?
  13. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    Bingo. If people would read my entire statement, then they should have understood what I had to say. Name changes and guild name changes have always been possible, for instance. GM's used to do them. But SOE didn't make them available for us, until they could charge us real money for them. Why not make them available in-game for a HEFTY sum of plat, instead of (or as an alternative to) paying real money? When it comes to character slots, the community has been asking for them for years. We got told no, usually because of legal reasons. Yet again, when they figured out a way to charge us money for additional slots, we can suddenly have them. Character slots are great. All these things are great. Charging real money for everything is not great. I'll confess that I bought a character slot when the double-value event was going on recently. Why? Because I needed one and there's no other way to get one!!! Of COURSE people are going to pay real money for things, if it's something that they feel they need, when SOE gives them no alternative means to get it. /eyeroll
    The shift seems to be almost exclusively toward releasing new items/services/amenities on Station Cash. Where is all the great new armor that Smokejumper promised would be released in-game? He did say that they'd release great new items in-game, and not exclusively on the Marketplace. Of course, that 'promise' has proven to be hollow. It's very irksome to see that Sony is just interested in nickel-and-diming us with everything that they can.

@ Trellium: What I want from SOE is honesty. John Smedley has been lying to us for years. Smokejumper has been lying since he got here. If they want to charge us for everything new and beautiful that comes along, then please, just tell us up front that that's what they're going to do. I know, that might be a hard concept for some people to grasp, but honesty does go a long way, even when you're the president of a big company. To be clear, I don't think that name changes, race changes, guild name changes, or additional character slots were ever technically impossible, even though SOE told us at times that they were. I think that when SOE's leadership realized that they could, in fact, get people to pay real money for these items and services, that SOE made them available. Yes, Smokejumper and Smedley will say that I'm wrong. But Smedley also said that there would never be RMT on any non-exchange server in EQ2, and look at us now.
  14. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Illiam@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If you don't see the 'honesty' in everything (and I do mean everything) is up for sale right now you aren't playing the same game, or reading the same forums I am.
  15. ARCHIVED-Trelyn_Willowleaf Guest

Ok so if we can have unlimited char slots on a account is there a cut off for the exp bonus? For instance if I had 20 chars at lvl 90 would I be earning 400% exp bonus, at 40 lvl 90's would give 800% exp....?
  16. ARCHIVED-QuestingCrafter Guest

Trelyn_Willowleaf wrote:
    Capped at +200% (for 10+ max-level toons).
  17. ARCHIVED-Trelyn_Willowleaf Guest

QuestingCrafter wrote:
    Boooo! :(