Character slots available October 5th!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

We've solved some technical issues recently and we can now offer character slots for sale. (Something previously unavailable.)
    So as of October 5th (Tuesday), character slots will be available for purchase in the marketplace.
    Here's a couple quick facts to answer obvious questions:
    1. Slots are pemanent. You pay for them once and they stay on your account forever.
    2. You can purchase any number of character slots. There is no limit. You want 20, 30 or even a bajillion character slots? Go for it.
    Regarding Station Access subscriptions:
    1. Character slots sold are *in addition to* any slots you are getting by being an SA subscriber. (Example: If you had 12 slots available as an SC subscriber and you purchase two more slots in the marketplace, you'll now have 14 slots available.)
    2. If you cancel your SA subscription, and then buy slots to replace the slots you were getting, your characters *will* still be present in those purchased slots (they won't get deleted during the swapover).
    Character slots will be available in the in-game marketplace for 1000 SC each.
  2. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Probably the first thing on SC that I fully support.
    Nice to see something positive like this ... /thumbs up!
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Oh dear me, you've made me ever so happy!
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    I love you in a fully platonic way at the moment. Awesome that ya'll are finally doing this and honestly that is a terrific price.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I can't see anyone objecting to this one, ever. Thanks!
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-smokedout Guest

This is Awesomeness~
  9. ARCHIVED-Drumstix Guest

/presses the "Like" button
  10. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

You just made a raid full of people very happy :).
  11. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Very nice and a good price too!
  12. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

I am really happy to see this and the price isnt bad either. /happy druid
  13. ARCHIVED-wepowx Guest

14. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    *boggles*
    $10 for a character slot, a thing everyone has been wanting and praying for a very long time. That will add tons of issues for SOE in regards to storage/etc/whatever .. or so they have said so often when asked about getting more slots ..
    And, yet a Cloak, with Featherfall, that might be used for 1 week before a person finds a new 'toy' is priced at $11?!
    This is one of the reasons why I think you guys pull out random numbers out of a jar for this SC stuff!
    Glad you added this as an option but for crying out loud! Someone get a clue as to what something in the Virtual Strip Mall should be worth and price EVERYTHING accordingly!
  15. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! (^_^)
    This is a much, much cheaper price than I expected for this, and I for one will be buying these left and right! Finally! I can create new characters as I please without getting extra accounts and enjoy the same Veteran Rewards on them as my other, older characters! What a wonderful feature!
    This is fantastic beyond words!
  16. ARCHIVED-Andok Guest

How lame! I prefer to earn my character slots in a dungeon!
  17. ARCHIVED-ekylok Guest

Whoever was the mind behind this needs to get a promotion and a raise.
  18. ARCHIVED-FalseCourage Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Here is an important question: If I purchase a character slot on EQ2Live, will they also be present in EQ2X?
  19. ARCHIVED-aries03 Guest

Omg, Yay! *jumps up and down repeatedly* This is every altaholics dream come true!
  20. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Meh, Too little too late =)
    You'd have had a ton of my money on this one had ya not already caused me to quit =)