Character slots available October 5th!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-drakkenshield Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    ...which of course is not a valid method at all.
    You should be able to pick the ones you want to re-activate at the moment.
    I have several toons that will be hidden when I get rid of station access, and I can't afford to buy slots all at once.
    In fact, not being able to pick is pretty much a show stopper and an amazingly silly restriction.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

drakkenshield wrote:
    why? becasue you want to?
  3. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

drakkenshield wrote:
    expensive? you do realize that 10.00 is the going price for slots in the other games that allow it right? Add to the fact in the other games to get anywhere near the storage that each individual character in eq2 has available you need to buy storage slots?
    Personally think it is to cheap, but then again that is a opinion, as it stands now it is a wonderful bargin, this will allow me to get rid of 2 of the 3 station access acounts I have left and combine everything down to 1 account for a lot less then what I am paying yearly for the 2 other SA accounts. In the process now of striping all the banks slots on the other two accounts of all items that are of any value in preperation for the 6th. The other two accounts have already been canceled and have about 20 days left to go on them
  4. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Euronomous@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm also going to be dropping SA and buying slots, so I'll be in the same boat. But what I plan to do the night before my SA lapses, is log on to my favorite 8. That way when I buy my first slot, the one hidden one that I want to show up *should* be the one that *does* show up. Then over the next few weeks, I'll uncover the others.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

drakkenshield wrote:
    Overpriced? A one-time $10 payment per slot, vs. $15-18/month (depending on how many months you pay for at a time) extra for Station Access if you only have it for the extra character slots. So if shelling out $50 lets me drop Station Access, it pays for itself in 3-4 months and after that it's extra money in my pocket every month. I wouldn't call that overpriced.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    actually it will save me around 1,100.00 a year after I combine all my station access account characters into 2 accounts and convert them to the normal 7 slot accounts with extra slots purchased to cover all my 90's. have completely lost interest in any SOE game outside of eq2
  7. ARCHIVED-Mustang8259 Guest

I have to agree, I'll be saving a ton of money in the long run too if you compare it to what it would have been if they would have just said "Nope, your out of luck and have to resub to Station Access to ever see your "hidden" toons again" so if you compare it to that I really don't think $10 a toon is bad. Granted i'll be dropping $100 to get 5 toons on each of my 2 accounts to get ALL of them back, but I still think it's a fair price when compared to the continued cost of paying $30 x 2 every month. If anything I'd have to say perhaps the other items are a bit over priced, how can you justify a single cloak costing more than a whole nother character?
  8. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

I definitely don't think it's overpriced. I quit playing a few other games because the cost of extra storage space was too high.
  9. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

The price is where it should be. SOE needs to be competitive and it looks like we might actually be on that road.
  10. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

After looking at a few things tomorrow I will be buying 5 slots and in 3 weeeks I will be buying 2 more then 2 every two weeks till I hit 24 slots :)
    Thanks SOE once again for this.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Mustang8259 wrote:
    the 10 bucks is pretty much in line with what the other games are charging, personally I am surprised it is so cheap considering the amount of item storage available to a character on eq2 as compared to base storage on the other games
  12. ARCHIVED-Waldemar Guest

Any more information about the exact time this is gonna be available? It is Oct 5 in Europe now already, was it supposed to be Oct 5 in US and some specific timezone?
    And, I guess it will be in the Consuables/Services section in Marketplace? Where the character transfer and such things are?
    Can things like this be added without server downtime at all, so is there any point in checking while playing?

I know, I know, sounds like I am terribly impatient about this, but ... well yes I am :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Kendor@Splitpaw wrote:
    it is now October 4 8:00pm PST(west coast US.) so anytime tomorrow maybe after the down time of the U.S servers?
  14. ARCHIVED-firehawk2531 Guest

This is awesome! The only problem I foresee is that my husband is gonna kill me cause I'm gonna be adding new slots often at that price! LOL No, seriously, THIS is a great use of the Marketplace, something we want, we can use and reasonably priced! Kudos SOE!
  15. ARCHIVED-Calainis Guest

Kendor@Splitpaw wrote:
    My guess is after tomorrow's hotfix... we have to wait for it a day longer
  16. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Kendor@Splitpaw wrote:
    would hazard a guess that it will be available sometime after 10:00 AM pacific (4pm uk time?) on the 5th, since the normal downtime is at 7:00 am and the network status shows a 2 hour window for downtime. Add an extra hour to let the gold rush on slots settle down and you should be good to go. All patch times are based on the Pacific time zone
  17. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Especially considering that the patch notes specifically mention that character slots are now available, I'd say that's a safe guess. ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

Agreed! Excellent use of the marketplace, and well implemented, too!
  19. ARCHIVED-mistressofdoom Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Masuri_Sukawa Guest

Thank you so much! I've been whining for this, and I am so happy to see it. My poor account was getting crowded!