Character slots available October 5th!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Thorand Guest

I haven't found a direct answer to my question as yet, but if there is one, I'm sorry, but I missed it.

My question is: I have a Station Access account with 12 characters on it. If I cancel the Station Access account to a normal account, it will be reduced to 7 characters. Which 5 characters get the axe? Does SOE pick them or do I? Then, according to what I read, I can pay $50 and have those 5 characters added back on to my new normal account.

Can I instead, open a 2nd EQ2 account and put those 5 cancelled characters into the new account? Then add more character slots as I desire to both accounts. (Altaholic disease spreading rapidly here)

Any answer to these questions will be appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Stabbinyer Guest

So estimated downtime was only 2 hours....we're on hour 3....
  3. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

Thorand wrote:
    a similar quest was asked several pages back and answered. but, if you cancle SA, i think its random on wich ones still appear. not sure, i still have SA, and have no plans on cancling it. if you buy the extra slots, they will appear for you. IF, you open a new account, you will have to pay character transfer fees (what was it about 50-100 per character?) its been a long time since i read anything on it.(on transfering on to another account). so in the long run, would be better if you wanted, to just keep the one account, and buy the extra slots.
  4. ARCHIVED-nihilux Guest

5. ARCHIVED-sokadelo2 Guest

Thorand wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

Looking forward to this - but cancelling SA and resubbing to a normal account is not smooth. Cancelled my SA sub last night, but any attempt to resub directs me straight to SA resubbing even if I click the "normal sub only" button.
    Awaiting a reply from CS - perhaps I have to wait until the SA sub expires then resub - which I hope does not break my subscription age.
    I also see that the new character slots aren't appearing on SC yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Hykaree@Runnyeye wrote:
    From working around SA sub & another game subscription, you can't change the subscription of a SA account until the time has run out. If you want to change something about a sub under it before the SA time has run out the CS people have to manually shut down your SA subscription, fix whatever subscription you want and then credit you for any time you had left on you SA subscription.
    If you are just wanting to sub for a regular account and add characters to it, set your SA account to non-recurring/canceled and wait until your paid time is up. When your paid time is up you should see all the options available.
  8. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Thorand wrote:
    I was poking around and saw this information on the Marketplace news for the week:
    Former Station Access Subscribers:
    If you were formerly a Station Access subscriber but have since downgraded to a standard account, purchasing additional character slots will reopen your characters that have been hiding away. The character that was played last will be the one to appear in the new slot.
  9. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

Chiyoiche@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The 7 characters you keep initially when you switch from Station Access to a regular subsctiption will be the last 7 characters you logged on before the switch. When you buy character slots, the next character "unlocked" will also follow this order, starting with the one most recently logged in and ending with the one logged in last. It's been ages since I transferred a character between accounts, but I believe it was around the $50 area per character. Since you can buy an unlimited number of character slots, it would be cheaper to just pay a single $50 to buy enough slots to unlock your characters and an additional $10 for each extra empty slot after that.

EDIT: Just adding that you can easily tell what order your characters will be unlocked in by looking at your character select screen. Your characters are listed in order with the most recent one logged in at the bottom of the list and the rest ordered from there in order of last logged in with the character on top of the list being the last character you would unlock.
  10. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

Well so far 5 toons bought and then time every 2 weeks to get 2 more :)

yay!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Suddenly it becomes clear why after six years you cut back all accounts to their 'strict' number of slots.
    This would of been ok but I'd actually paid to transfer toons from a dead EU server to a US server and then lost them to your cut. Yippee now I can pay more money to $oE and get them back!
    How about you spend some of this money you're raking in on the live servers? Do you even remember what they are?
  12. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Any chance of getting this thread locked now since the character slots are out? I'm sure we'd appreciate being able to see when new announcements are being posted. :D
  13. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Brekkik wrote:
    Just for the record, character transfer between accts is now $25 per character, but can only be handled through the Technical Support dept at 858-537-0898. http://everquest2.com/shop/charactertransfer
  14. ARCHIVED-CerriHerring Guest

How long should it take for the newly purchased character slots to appear on the character select screen? I purchased slots earlier this evening but they haven't appeared yet. I do see where the deduction was made to my station cash balance.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

CerriHerring wrote:
    Did you remember to "use" the item that was added to your inventory when you purchased them? They should be immediately available after you do that.
  16. ARCHIVED-CerriHerring Guest

Cyliena@Everfrost wrote:
    Found them. That's what I get for changing characters without checking my inventory. Thanks :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Zirazai Guest

Marketplace now crashes EQ2 (Server Valor)
  18. ARCHIVED-Ixoa Guest

Well just to let peeps know that even tho the extra char slots are not that exspensive and myself will be down grading my SA to basic and buying 5 char slots it is still 3-4 times more than some mmo's for example Final Fantasy XIV £2.10 per char ok downside they only let you have 8 max slots and you have to buy the char slots to even start,so EQ2 is still a better buy over all as a game but the extra chars slots can be cheaper.

DE
  19. ARCHIVED-Qojan Guest

Very Nice. Thank you
  20. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Dragoneyes@Splitpaw wrote:
    the other higher profile games from turbine charge around the same cost as SOE, and you get a lot less character storage in the bank and on the character. Any additonal storage costs also. Still amazed it was only 10.00 per slot