Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Roomis Ce Gloomis Member

One of the most hated game companies Activision Blizzard, charges $25 for World of Warcraft character account transfers.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Transfer_limitations/Paid_Character_Transfer_FAQ_(US)
    The most hated company two years running Electronic Arts, the embodiment of digital monetization, charges $10 for Star Wars The Old Republic server transfers.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-character-transfers/

Daybreak charges $49.99 for character transfers, up from $25, and $25 for server transfers.
    Way to go Daybreak setting the standard.

Time to advertise with Feldon and Sterling?
  2. Gerak Well-Known Member

I can now confirm there is no cooldown. I transferred another toon and followed immediately by another transfer and they both went through with no problems.
  3. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Account to Account Transfer
    http://archive.is/iqqHu

PSA Regarding "Account to Account transfers are now available"
    http://archive.is/DAJxz

Ready to make a move? Account to Account Transfers are now available to players!
    http://archive.is/aO4yh

Any comment on the nearly double price jump for automated account transfers Community Manager Roxxlyy?
    • Based on views, a few hundred people want to know.
    Making up for the twenty month, when the service was shut down, loss of revenue? Is the person who made the decision to double-1 the price, the same one who shut down the service?
    • Apparently/off-the-record this up-priced service is the new money maker. Maybe the thread participants should get a thank you?
    And:
    • The 2500 DBC price used to be on the help page. Now there's no mention of the 2500 4999 DBC transfer cost. Catch people unaware of the price, and get the 'yes' reflex click? No refunds for mistakes.
    • Appears some players have lost their status points after a transfer? Yes they should file a ticket, but yes if this is happening players should be notified.
    • The "Two Factor Authentication" part of the Help page "Two Factor Authentication must be enabled," should be made into a link. Apparently two factor authentication is the most confusing part of the process. By the way, how do people who only have land lines receive text? They're forced to buy the key fob?
  4. Wart One Member

Same here.
  5. Grimm New Member

Shame on Daybreak. No Thanks. Taking greedy advantage of gamers wanting transfers, that had cost $25.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121001034244/http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Transfers_(EQ2)
    Transferring Characters Between Accounts
    Account or Account/Server Transfers current cost 1 token or 25 dollars per character.
    [IMG]
  6. Shrreyna New Member

Hearing the prices will help me decide if I really want to spend money to transfer my main crafters to the new my newest account. I thought in the long run it would save me on buying the newest expansions for each account. Now it will perhaps be best to put the other account of FTP as it is thankfully we can do about all with that... but I could do full access with it also there are benefits and buy the expacs when on sale. Hmm what to do.. but then time passes as I just try to work with my three main mains . Oh gosh.. I have played since 2002 or so, I didnt need my 35 plus toons on old account and 19 counting two transfers on acct 2 . I am just loving escaping to Norrath and hoarding hoarding every thing and questing and you name it. I am addicted and no where near balanced in managing toons that are not needed. But it continues to be fun. Money?? well it is a business but look at all the freebies like free houses etc... such fun. I will take the money needed for transfers in account . hmm maybe just buy a Freeblood or Beastlord instead hehe on this new account. Have fun all!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Wart One Member

Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable At Original Price

8. Feldon Well-Known Member

The irony of course is the old system was a MANUAL process that required Customer Service time to manage it. The new system is fully automated. Automation usually makes things cheaper.
  9. Gematria Active Member

So before anyone makes the same mistake as me, be very cautious regarding flags. A lot of the current item flags, including last year's ethereal, are not transfered with your character. So even though my transfered toon have all 3 adorns and ethereal BP at lvl 5, I will need to buy the adorns a new on the other account to get the benefit of them.

Maybe dbg should consider having a list of what you are going to loose when transferring, because this really sucks imo.
  10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Think I'll pinch this header.

Under the "MANUAL process" account flags never transferred. Because of a nearly TWO YEAR stall, people overlook that character flags/achievements are not the same as account flags. For example ethereal flags were tied to the account, and characters in that account benefited. That's what players refer to as 'alt friendly.'

But yes Daybreak and the community manager could have made that crystal clear.

What does a community manager do and what skills do they need?

"The role of a community manager is to act as the bridge between a brand and the community it is aiming to create (i.e. a loyal audience or group of core consumers connected by a similar interest).

They should be the brand's ambassador, engaging with potential consumers and building relationships with existing ones. They are also focused on gauging sentiment around the brand"

What does a Community Manager Do?

"Despite what you may have heard, a community manager doesn't just troll the Internet all day. And it's not all firing off promotional tweets."

"A community manager helps build, grow and manage a company's or brand's online communities. ... a community manager finds out what people are saying about a company or brand. A community manager also engages with customers and fans, and uses social media and live events to help increase brand loyalty."

Were I a cynical frog ;), I'd suspect it's a ploy to get players to return their characters to the original account. Spending an extra $49.99 in the process.

Time for a small article? So other sites can pick it up? Appears game company greed/monetization is a trending topic on YouTube.
  11. Frogwarp New Member

Had 6 toons prep'd to transfer near 2 freaking years ago. Did 1. Spending 4999 Daybreak cash.

Not doing the others. You broke my habit of spending cash to line your punitive minded pockets.
    Gee thanks DBG.
  12. Red Adder New Member

[IMG]Take my $25 USD. Not rip us off. :mad:
    [IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Between the $75 in EQ1 and the $49.99 nah, scratch that, call it what it is, $50 -- it sounds to me like punitive damages towards anyone who wants to transfer characters to another account. Did some bad people take advantage of it in the old days of EQ1, so now everyone has to suffer forever afterwards? :-/

I would like to know why the price gouge hike came with automation; did they need to buy an entire new server farm or something to accommodate it, and have to make payments on it now? How does that work if they tick everyone off so badly, no one will want to participate? :-/

Will they use the money to actually pay for a Community Manager? Do we already have one? I'm confused about that one; I do know we got a lot of CMs thrown under the bus during the Pro7 debacle of song, legend, story, and epic tragic opera. :-/

Uwk
    who's firmly convinced that's why we have these forums, and not the old ones...
    Mycelian, Kitty Ninja, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mugwort Active Member

Value of account transfer (rounded up) is $50.00 US Dollars.

An account with 3 Daybreak Cash purchases $50.00 of DB cash for $45.00 in game from the Marketplace.

The character is then transferred to the main account.

The account that purchased the DB cash for the transfer now has 503 DB cash whereas the account had 3 DB cash prior to the account transfer. This appears to indicate that a 10% discount is applied at the time of the transfer that is not seen until the purchasing account is logged in and the new DB cash balance is displayed.

Total DB cash actual cost in the above transaction is equal to a $40.00 value, or 20% off.

The amount of unused DB cash in the game may have something to do with the pricing.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Except, if memory serves, we were getting DB Cash way back when, when the price was way more reasonable. :-/

And, unless I'm mistaken (I really haven't looked recently), Daybreak's letting us buy expansions and what-not again with DBC? Or have they come to their senses? :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  16. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Re-pinching sub-heading.
    http://archive.is/0OBvf

Let's take that train of thought one step further.

Were the cost of character transfers at the original price, $25, your math would be:
    • 'Total DB cash actual cost in the above transaction is equal to a $20 value.'
    The original price would be much lower. The new outrageous price, $40, is still double the calculated $20 original price.

Does the price reflect Daybreak's need for cash?

In 2018, was there a drastic need for cash?
    And don't forget this also happened in 2018:
    Employees transferred from Daybreak to Nantworks. Reducing Daybreak's employee costs. Many of those employees were laid off.
    The actions during 2018, represent millions of dollars on paper. I guess that PlanetSide Battle Royale needs the funds.

With cash being tight, Maybe Daybreak should spend cash on IPs that actually generate income. Instead of projects that Might generate revenue?

'As I understand it,' from an unconfirmed source, the punitive part is the action of one employee. Who was red-faced outraged that mere players would deign to ask for an existing service.

There are no character transfers in EverQuest. Making the actual cost $0.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230627407-EverQuest-Character-Transfer-Instructions

Those transfers ended around the same time as the EverQuest II transfers. Were it not for the actions of Darkale, it seems likely there would be no EQII character transfers. Given there is no equivalent effort on the EverQuest forum.

Because someone thinks the players won't notice?

http://archive.is/I0nOS 23 Apr 2019 (When $49.99 transfers happened)
    Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable - 13,575 views

Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable - 15,062 views

Hint to someone, and leaving out the 'arm and a leg' type comments on Discord, 'they' probably notice.
    Daybreak is hiring a Community Manager. Presumably the funds are already allocated, because there was a previous Community Manager salary.

"Community Manager
    Brand/Community Team, San Diego, California
    Job ID: 4280979002"

Excellent opportunity for a player to get in there, and make a difference. Or hire Feldon.

Community Mangers last a fairly long time.

"Training is crucial for development teams. ... The ability to say whatever we want when we want to say it is extraordinarily dangerous." Tony "RadarX" Jones, Community Relations Manager, March 03, 2015
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like the "hire Feldon" suggestion. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Feldon, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  18. Svenone Well-Known Member

But would Feldon accept such a job? Of course, only he could answer that question, and I doubt he would talk about it one way or another.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Especially not if he were in negotiations for it! :D

We wouldn't know for sure until we see the new one and it's him or not. ;->

Uwk
    /fingers_crossed
    Cyrrena, Feldon and Breanna like this.
  20. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

After Feldon's history with TPTB I wouldn't get your hopes up too much :(