Channeler Epic Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sylke, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jones Active Member

You're right, it wasn't a direct loc, i'll mention that on the wiki. Thanks!
  2. Grawl Member

So does anyone know about loosing the bow after attaching the arrow to it?
    Do I need to petition?
    Do I need to not worry?

I went back to Daleen and gave me a new arrow, but still no bow.
  3. Darkon Well-Known Member

It's intended Grawl
  4. Caith Developer

Actually there is a part that isn't working correctly with this stage of the quest, however it is not a gating issue. It should be fixed in the next hotfix.
  5. Darkon Well-Known Member

Fair enough then! So, it may not be intended, but it definitely doesn't block you from progressing.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1085753956
  6. Tanker1979 Member

How about a comment on whether or not you intend to keep level 80 buffs behind current tier raid content, while every other class has access to theirs via heroic content? or how about the fact that only 1 channeler per raid can get their myth update? These both need to be addressed or at least give us your logic behind them... b/c I for one would really love to know wtf...
  7. The Jones Active Member

Tanker's first comment is the hot topic among nearly all of us, excluding those that want to SELL myth updates.
  8. Caith Developer

The Channeler class was balanced around the mythical buff being rewarded from the raid quest. The class functions well in every level of play without these mythical abilities, and only for the toughest raid content do you need the increase in power that comes with achieving them.

How the quest updates from the kills however is being looked at.
  9. Tanker1979 Member

So basically what you're saying is that non-raiders should not even waste their time running the epic, because there is absolutely no reward in it for them. That's pretty crappy.. if your guys' goal was to alienate and piss off 95% of the channelers out there, then mission accomplished!

P.S. I do agree that the channeler class is nicely balanced, but the lvl 80 myth buffs are really nothing special or over powering, in fact they're on par with every other class's level 80 myth buffs, so I think your guys' logic in placing them out of reach of 95% of the players is a bit ridiculous.
    The Jones and Gaarysal like this.
  10. Verraten Member

What about the first bow being a copy/paste of a bow that takes far less work to get, and not even best-out-of-heroic-content, or the mythical being a literal cut+paste of Hullpiercer, a bow you can get by RUNNING Pirate Kings, a zone which any raid that is going to get the update already has?
    Ranga likes this.
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

Ok, this is totally fine and makes sense. However, what about somehow upgrading hte Fabled reward? Maybe just the base stats? As it stands, non-raiders are being asked to do the single toughest and longest quest in EQ2 for a reward that is subpar to a weapon easily available from other (and much easier) heroic content.

The toughest and longest quest in the game currently rewards the WORST Fabled bow available in the ToV expac. Surely that's an issue, is it not?
  12. Caith Developer

We'll take a look at the fabled reward when the rest of the team gets back next week. Basically, not entirely in my bailiwick so I don't want to comment until I check with the right folks.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

many thanks! and happy new year :)
  14. Leasha Member

Thanks for taking the time to post a response for us villagers with pitchforks, Caith. It's always risky because any single word could be misconstrued but I know getting an official comment is well appreciated by the masses.
  15. Darkon Well-Known Member

As I said, channelers are balanced without the mythical buffs, they're just candy on top of an already amazing class.
  16. Grawl Member

Can you also take a look at the difficulty of killing the final named for Epic?
    This "luck" factor stinks. :(
  17. Indoctrination Active Member

I do appreciate the response. However, it does stink really bad that if you're not in a guild capable of killing PK, you're basically wasting your time on this quest.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Things is, as many of us have pointed out. If your in Heroic ToV Armor even 1/3 Potent, you can slay the Pirate Kings. PK is a fight all about Execution, the only "gear check" is in the Add Room where you have to beat a DPS Check. So if your guild can't kill PK that is a sign that your players lack focus to coordinate with the script. As such those who are able to perform the task required will be rewarded with their Myth.

As Caith said a majority of ToV is designed without the Myth, meaning if your guild is not going to be going to Wing 2 or 3 of Guardian's Edifice any time soon then your Channelers will not be hurt by not having their Mythical, they will in fact still be able to perform your job effectively.
  19. Gaarysal Active Member

And nobody thought that mayyyyybe this might be some useful information that should be disclosed when the quest launched? 25 other epics all grant buffs before needing raid kills. Why would anyone ever think that channeler wouldn't be the same? Thanks for wasting our time.
  20. Daenee Member

For me it's more wanting a worthwhile reward for taking all the time and effort to do the epic. As it is, the risk and effort required to complete just the fabled is not worth the reward given. Not when you can get better from a simple drop from a heroic instance. So unless you are in a raiding guild that will get your the myth upgrade, the epic is a waste of time. It's a stepping stone.
    Feldon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.