Channeler Epic Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sylke, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylke Well-Known Member

Since I just disco'd the starter, here's the info on how to start the quest. And let's post any info on how to proceed from there in this thread!

1. Go to Paineel (Sundered Frontier). In the same room as Sa'ib Waseem (Epic Repercussions NPC), go to loc 1986.34, -298.22, 3378.24. Click the 4th book from the right on the middle book case, 4 shelves up:
    [IMG]

2. This will open a portal behind the pillar to the back-left:
    [IMG]

3. Click the portal to enter Ryizz'Eianshieoll's Sanctum
    4. Inside, go the bookshelf at the back-right. There is a small book, click that to pick it up:
    [IMG]

5. Read the book to start your quest!

Now, let's get to work solving this thing!
    The Jones, Neiloch, Kraeref and 4 others like this.
  2. Yaslin Member

Grats and thank you for sharing!
  3. Juion New Member

Text of the book:

Page 1
    The Journal of Ryizz’ Eianshieoll

My name is Ryizz’ Eianshieoll, a student of Daleen Blackwood and a high ranking channeler. The words in this book represent my thoughts, theories, and pursuit of greater mastery in this art, which will hopefully be put to good use by those who share my passion. Channeling has thus far progressed in fits and starts, due in large part to the organic and disorganized nature of our experimentation. By formally investigating and documenting my successes and failures, we can more rigorously advance our school, instead of simply fumbling around in the dark.

Page 2

Thus far, in our short tenure here on Norrath, we have been limited in the entities we channel – mindless or near-mindless beasts, creatures, and critters. To this point, I don’t believe that any of us truly understands why this is, nor have many even asked this question. There does not seem to be an intrinsic reason for a limitation of this nature, an animal spirit ostensibly is no different than a humanoid spirit, outside of their ultimate destination (as an animal spirit travels to the great sea, while humanoids travel to Ethernere and then the planes beyond). If there ARE fundamental differences between spirit types, then identifying those differences is important to our art. If we do not discover any differences, then we must re-examine how we apply our abilities, and unshackle ourselves from a self-imposed limitation.

Page 3

To that end, my first step will be to channel elementals as a proof-of-concept. These entities are an amalgamation of spirit, corporeal presence, and limited sentience. Certainly a higher order than the dumb beasts we traditionally interact with. My hypothesis, should I successfully channel an elemental, is that a construct I created with an elemental’s essence should be able to function independently of my command, but still be wholly within my control. And of an order of magnitude more powerful.

Page 4

Thus, I begin my search for a place to reliably summon an elemental of sufficient power and independence. While I suppose I could employ the efforts of a conjurer, the interactions of mystical abilities inject additional variables into the research that would needlessly complicate my investigation.

I feel that I am at the ground floor of an earth-shattering discovery, and I anxiously await the next time I am able to put words to this journal!
    Ranga and Yaslin like this.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Gratz on the disco :) How exciting!
  5. Hathahrk Member

even tough i can enter the chamber , the book isn't clickable for me , certainly because i'm not yet 95 , but anyway gratz for the disco ^^
  6. Darkstar101 New Member

Found someone's profile as showing "Current Zone, Harrow's End: On the Trail of Ryizz" Now for the in between bits.
  7. phlik Member

im outta idea on the place to summon elementals tbh
  8. Sylke Well-Known Member

Yeah, had a guildmate that found that instance back when ToV launched, but it went away shortly after. I figure we'll wind up in there at some point in the quest line.
  9. Sabriellexx New Member

so are we collectively stuck at finding the first update, or did something actually find that while I was afk.
  10. Indoctrination Active Member

Still stuck, although with that news about the HE instance, I suspect this step is NOT in ethernere.
  11. Sabriellexx New Member

I ran around the hole and did not find anything. I did see a green shiny which I have never seen before in the 2nd wing in the observatory room. I couldn't interact with it in any way, but like I said I've never seen it before today.
  12. phlik Member

aye still stuck lol also ran round the hole and found nufink
  13. Sylke Well-Known Member

That should be for The Bow of Underfoot HQ.
  14. phlik Member

ok i found it u need to go the the shrine of thunder in lavastorm and speak to saedie kalterra she to the left of the portal to sols eye, she will update ur next step
    The Jones and Mae- like this.
  15. phlik Member

then if you come out of the shrine of thunder and look over the beach there is a cave with a skull on it run into that will auto update then bk to saedie now have to find an artifact for her so lookin for that atm
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

The conversations with Saedie go as follows:

First Conversation:
    You say, "Hail, Saedie Kalterra"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "Ah, another one. The channelers are out in force lately – should I be concerned?"
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "Another one? Who else was here?"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "One of those wretched Erudites, full of demands and sharp words. His eyes... they were... unnerving, though. Eyes like that, you do not forget. You seem surprised?"
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "Oh no, it just means I'm on the right track. What did he want?"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "I'm not entirely sure, but he was looking for a method to reliably summon what he called, ‘natural elementals.' There's a few places here that have very strong connections to the plane of fire, obviously. Three in particular... Normally I use them to prevent the incursion of void tainted elementals, but they can be used to summon pure elementals as well. "
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "Is he still at it? Where was he going to summon these?"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "I didn't see him leave, so I assume so. He was headed to the Golden Skull caves."
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "Thank you Saedie."

As you finish investigating the skull caves:
    Ryizz has disappeared, without a trace.

After returning to Saedie:
    You say, "Hail, Saedie Kalterra"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "You've returned, did you find who you were looking for?"
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "I didn't, he must have left some other way. Do you know what his plan for the elementals was?"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "I don't, but that does not mean your answers are lost. You can summon them yourself, and then ask for the information you require."
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "How would I do that? I'm no conjurer."
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "Well, if you brought me an artifact strongly attuned to the plane of fire, I could transmute it into a reagent that would power the summoning. It would need to be of the appropriate resonance though."
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "What form would this artifact need to take?"
    Saedie Kalterra says to you, "Any form, as long as Solusek is pleased by its sacrifice. It could be a sword, a crystal, even a shield. It must be powerful, and it must be fire attuned."
    You say to Saedie Kalterra, "Understood. I will return, Saedie."
  17. Darkstar101 New Member

Cloak of Flames does not update the quest for the artifact.
  18. Sabriellexx New Member

trying to do the ward of elements quest line, but I am near the end of the line and it appears this particular quest, "Elemental Mystery" is broken.
  19. Yaslin Member

Artifact Collection: Symbols of Flame that yields a Crystal of Fire = nothing.
  20. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

i dont know if you would get anything from doing WoE questline... but nothing dropped in the x2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.