Channeler Epic Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sylke, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indoctrination Active Member

And this has pretty much nothing to do with my post but thanks for the info that I already understood!
  2. Titan Member

I agree with everyone that has said the reward is not worth the effort. I also like SOE's response on how great the channeler class is without their spell buff. What doesn't make sense is how SOE says you don't need the buff but if you raid you need it. Wouldn't any class need their buff spell regardless of play style? What happened to play your own way? Does SOE realize not everyone likes to raid? Making the spell buff for raiders only sends a bad message to game players and will only encourage the guilds that can kill the Pirate Kings to sell those updates. Great going SOE. Well thought out.
  3. The Jones Active Member

I have no complaints about the class in general, but my warden/templar are easymode solo heals compared to the channeler. To say that we don't deserve our buffs for completing the longest/hardest epic in the game is...odd.... Ya'll are selling the myth update on crushbone so it's hard to take your comments seriously.

I also don't agree with the comment that an upgrade to the bows stats solves the issue. We should get the buffs/clickies, just like all other classes do when completing their epic or epic reprecussions. That would be what i'd suggest to bring up to the devs that owned this quest. Really I think it should be both but the lack of buffs is the main issue in my mind.
  4. The Jones Active Member

Not everyone has the huge blocks of time needed to raid. I have an hour here and there. The fact remains that the only current reason to do this quest is to get the mythical version and it's currently blocked behind raid content.

It's not about NEEDING the buffs. Very few classes NEED their epic buffs to function. The issue is putting 50 hours in to an epic to find out we didn't get a bow upgrade from what we got in the heroics, nor can we do epic repercussions to salvage the buffs.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I'm not denying the Epic should have something, a Dev has already said they may be looking into it. I was just saying that PK is about Execution not about pure DPS.
  6. The Jones Active Member

Yeah I read that and i'm happy we got a dev response, but I don't get why this buff/clicky is something that is so uber that it needs to be a raid reward, unlike EVERY other class that gets their buffs without having to raid. I doubt balance is such an exact science that giving the channelers these things at the heroic level would make them amazing. Frankly I think we almost need it (specifically the stone skin) to be able to solo heal a number of zones because of people constantly failing on scripts. Every other healer can just rez over and over again, but we cant.

I feel so dang offended when I put this much time in to this quest to be rewarded with nothing except guardians and shadowknights saying we shouldn't have/need our epic buffs. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the opinions, but it struck a nerve.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

The entire quest took maybe 6 hours, not 50, not by an order of magnitude.
  8. The Jones Active Member

Including the prereqs? Pretty sure the CoE timline alone is much higher than that even you're scrambling.

Also some of us had to work hard to get help for the named. It's probably much easier for you being in a high end raiding guild with geared people logged on at any given time. I tried and failed a number of times because the people willing to help aren't always people that have the gear to truly help.

I hope you're just trolling because I could easily list all the steps and even someone with your resources couldn't possibly do it in anywhere close to 6 hours.
    Ranga and Grawl like this.
  9. Godelpus New Member

The problem with the PK raid is that only 24 guilds out of 304 registered on EQ2-Raiders have ever cleared it (meaning 92% of raiding guilds can't do this) and with all guilds now concentrating on Sanctum and Temple of Veeshan there is little hope that more will bother in the future. So being a raider isn't enough, being a hardcore raider isn't enough - you have to be in the hardest of the hardcore guilds to get this update. At least with the original epics the updates came from current raid content that all guilds were actively pursuing.

If the updates came from the ToV raid, then at least I would have something to look forward to, but as it stands at the moment I have no hope of ever completing this, the entire questline wasted 6 days of my Xmas holidays and has left a very sour taste - so much for risk/effort v reward.
  10. Darkon Well-Known Member

Godelpus. PK's still drop the best weapons in game, so it's something every raiding guild will want to accomplish at some point. It's easier than any mob in ToV, and with better rewards too.
  11. The Jones Active Member

Finally got to the named. It's pretty brutal. Broke one set of gear so far. Sadly I had given all of my DPS gear to my bruiser so I can't use that. Got to 4 minutes once, but most of the time i'm closer to 2 minutes.

I think someone made the comment that they were able to poison bolt the spheres to one shot them. For me it takes 2-3 poison bolts and I simply can't afford that dissonance. My auto attack doesn't hit the spheres. It just waits until i target something else. Anyone know why that is?

I'm using a spec similar to Enoa's except I put points in to block chance and invested 3 points in right dragon line so that I could get the wrath replacement. It's helped me burn down spheres. I'm in a mix of quest/arcane/potent gear. I feel like I should keep trying since I got to 4 minutes, but part of me thinks my time is better spent gearing up more. I'm only around 100K dps on this fight.
  12. Gorekin Member

They just need to remove the raid requirement doesn't make sense at all.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

Agree, do you think they should have the same appearance tho?
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

so what you are saying is, the only problem with obtaining a best in slot mythical bow, is the raiding?
    oh darn how evil.
  15. Gaarysal Active Member

What's brilliant is the devs didn't think at all about the future. What happens next xpack when there is 0 reason to run PK and it is still out of the realm of 1 groupable or pugable (good luck finding any 24 people let alone 24 people who can run to specific tanks, kill invis adds etc etc)? You end up with a handful of channelers with the buffs and a vast majority without. Then who do you balance the class to? If you balance it to the people with it, 99% will be "underpowered" and if you balance to those without then 1% will be "overpowered". Then what happens, you force every channeler to go back and do ER even though every other class can do that now even without doing the questline?
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

did the CoE timeline in 5 hours, wont' lie.
    the other Prereqs weren't even an hour of time each. maybe the last HQ for the gloves took an hour, only because of so much traveling around.
    all in all I would say the quest took me around 10 hours of actual doing.
    this epic quest is actually quite fast

you mean like the amount of BLs that couldn't bring their guild to go do the old HM Statue? many people Still wouldn't do it cause HM Statue is actually hard/annoying
  17. Eileithia Active Member

Spheres are a pain. For the auto-attack issue, one of the spheres specifically blocks auto attack (The gold one opposite the stupid arcane one). The biggest issue with this fight is if you get unlucky near the end and have a resist from the arcane sphere you're toast. I haven't gone back in there in a few days, but I plan on doing an AA rework, throwing on some lesser block/avoidance gear and drinking a few redbulls to up my twitch rate :p

It's obviously killable, as it's been done, but I think the gear/skill/luck requirement is still way to high for the reward. Hopefully once the arrow is fixed, it will do something to tone this fight down slightly?
  18. Tanker1979 Member

Pretty much everyone agrees that the mythical bow should be behind raid content, I don't see many people arguing that point. What most here are saying is that the level 80 buffs, which are on par with EVERY other classes level 80 buffs, should not be behind raid content. They're behind heroic content for every other class and should be for channeler as well.
    The Jones likes this.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

uhh I think you never did the quest? or anyones quest I guess.
    every other classes 80 buffs were behind raid content. unless you mean doing the ER now. which is only because said content is 4ish years old. than I would draw that up to bad excuses pulled by people.
  20. The Jones Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Maybe i should up my spell skills a bit. I have noticed my bolts getting resisted at times and that's a huge setback. The avoidance gear is an interesting idea. I might have some tanky gear lying around, but i'd hate to attune it all just for one fight.

The most important things i've done to even get to the 4 minute mark is take Truespirit Restoration off my hotbar and build an aa spec for this particular fight. Full left side prestige, 2nd dragon line (with rerpreive. This was huge). I've considered playing with the first dragon line, but I just can't justify it. I have a macro to target spheres, but don't even bother trying to kill the adds yet because I don't have the dps to do so.

My main issue is that I get to the point where I have to poison bolt spheres 2 or more times. Can't afford that, but I have to. Really not sure how I can get past 4 minutes without better gear/dps.
    Eileithia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.