Channeler Epic Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sylke, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grawl Member

Agreed.
    I actually got a little lucky and a huge "NOOOOOOO!!!" moment when I got to 5:53.
    And I call it luck because since then I've gotten best 4:25. Not giving up, but nearly 20 fails now is quite a downer.

The necro guild flag is not worth it at all IMO. 48p and ACT recorded it helping me for 1200hps.

I'll agree it's hard to time the Efficiency proc that comes up though, but when I focus on watching that, I tend to loose focus elsewhere and fail.

Someone was mentioning to me about possibly using Karana over Tribunal for this fight.
    Karana does have the +3.8% hp/6sec blessing instead of Tribunal 20% damage reduction.
    I dunno. It's a thought.
  2. Eileithia Active Member

Ya.. 2nd dragon line is almost a must for this fight. Anti-death + Ward (even though it is small) helps a lot. Dissonance management is a major pain once you get late into the fight. I have a real hard time keeping my pet up around the 4 minute mark. I'm not sure if the reactive pet heals would work better than the direct heal/hot?
  3. Eileithia Active Member

Ya, the buffs were behind raid content, but the clicky was on the fabled weapon.
  4. The Jones Active Member

Blah. I just don't buy that. Looking at the prereqs:

prereqs:
    Languages: 90+ minutes
    COE timeline: 8-12 hours depending on how well you know it. I honestly don't know how long it took me, but I admit it was much faster for me this time around with ToV gear and knowledge of all the steps.
    Deathtoll: 2+ hours, prolly took me longer though because I didn't know what I was doing and screwed up some steps.
    Sword of destiny (investigation leveling): 2-3 hours
    Dark mail gauntlets: 1-2 hours.

Quest:
    random named mobs: easily 15+ hours for me because it's hard finding good help. The nice people in this game tend to be ungeared.
    Running 6 ToV zones: 10 hours for me easily. I know that's on the high end, but a few zones I ran with people that weren't geared for the zones, so we failed and I had to redo it later.
    running to naggy: 1-2 hours
    Ignorance factor and screwing up certain steps: 4 hours
    Final solo named: 90 minutes so far, but I still haven't won, nor do I expect to anytime soon.
    other quest steps that aren't worth mentioning individually: 2 hours

Maybe you avoided some of the issues I did, but you can't tell me this took you 10 hours or less.
  5. Tanker1979 Member

Yeah, actually I did plenty of epic quests, and got all of the mythicals via veeshan;s peak, thanks for your continued condescending attitude. That doesn't change the fact that this is no longer RoK, get that through your head. Currently EVERY class has access to their mythical buffs via heroic content (all-though that heroic content is currently solo'able). Those buffs are still relevant and on par with channeler epic. That's the only point I'm making.
  6. The Jones Active Member

I'm personally using one reactive and one heal over time. It's worked best for me.

And I agree that the ward is pretty much a must. It made a huge difference when I added it to my spec.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

I think you are confused, on par doesn't happen just cause they happen to all be level 80.
    they could have easily made the BL buffs 92 and the channeler one 95.
    either way I don't see it an issue, it's exactly like how it was in the past

I am not saying it took my 10 hours or less, it took everyone a few days of figuring out the steps and what to do. I am saying it took my 10 hours of actual questing/working on it. 5 for CoE, 1 for gloves HQ, 1 for investigation (I didn't even have to kill Ree I got 9 investigation before that). the languages took no time at all. esp with the stone thing for dragonic. I wouldn't chalk up the time it took you to "find" people to help, but the time it took you to kill it once you got the people. although it didn't take me that long to do that, just asked friends. 10 hours easy
    the group zones through TOV are probably time consuming as well, again I wouldn't call looking for people to fill groups to run the zones into the actual time it took to do the quest. lets say 30 min a group zone, 6 zones. 3 hours
  8. Godelpus New Member

What Tanker says; nobody cares too much about the mythical bow just the buffs which 'were' behind raid content, but now they are heroic. The buffs themselves are suitable for all channelers solo, group and raid, I don't see any reason to lock them behind one of the hardest encounters in the game.
  9. Lemilla Active Member

Quite a large difference between someone figuring these things out first time and relying in pickups for heroic stuff, and a veteran player who already knows the quests and has some properly geared players to help out.

Languages: 30 minutes
    COE timeline: 4 hours
    Deathtoll: 1 hour, doing other stuff in the 3 hour waiting for the NPC
    SoD: 1 hour, most of it waiting for the urns
    Dark mail gauntlets: 1 hour, most of it waiting on mail

Random named mobs: 30 minutes
    6 ToV zones: 3 hours
    Running to naggy: 2 minutes (featherfall item + runspeed totem and you can land in front of the gong)
    Final solo named: no idea yet, planning on doing that this weekend
  10. Tanker1979 Member

I'm not referring to the level, I'm referring to the capabilities for the class... a 2 trigger stoneskin and healing the pet 1& every 3s is easily on par if not worse than 100% ae attack for zerkers, 15% flurry for assassins, 10% SDA for wizards, raidwide potm or cob.... yeah a couple classes got hosed with their buffs, but to say that the channelers myth buffs are something so special they must be blocked behind raid content is just plain stupid.
  11. Eileithia Active Member

If you didn't have to do the pre-reqs the whole quest could be done in about 4 hours start to finish. Maybe less. The big time-sink on this epic is the pre-reqs, and the 6 heroic zones (15-30 minutes each if you have a decent group)

As Jones mentioned above, there's a TON of running around. I did the COE timeline in about 4 hours start to finish, but it was my 5th time through the chain, and I could probably do it blindfolded now. As long as you don't do the side-quests and skip as much as possible in the dungeons it's not too bad.

DT access, you have a minimum 2.5 hour wait between the first 2 quests - You can run other stuff (Like investigation skill) in that time. Add in the 5 minute wait between urns and you're looking at a minimum of 40 minutes if you're 100% efficient

Languages can be done in about an hour, if you know exactly where to go, have a toon that's finished Draconic on the same account, and get lucky on drops for deaths whisper.

None of that includes travel time and derping stuff up. I'm thinking all told it's doable in 10-12 hours.
  12. Tanker1979 Member

Debating the time this took is stupid... of course it can be knocked out relatively quickly now... that doesn't change the fact that we spent 5 days running around to find the starter, 3 days trying to figure out what item to sacrifice to the guy in lavastorm, and countless other hours running around and figuring stuff out. Of course it can be completed relatively easy now!! But for those of us that paved the way to making it easy, the lack of reward and myth buffs is complete and utter crap!!!
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

I was one of the that paved the way tbh.
    and I think the reward and buffs are good. best in slot bow and 2 stoneskin and pet heal. sounds good to me
  14. Tanker1979 Member

Congratz, me too, got 3-4 of the ww discos along the way, the reward is good for those in raid guilds... the reward is utter crap for the remaining 98% of channelers out there...

FURTHERMORE, the *only* reason the hardcore raiders are so excited and happy about SoE walling the buffs behind raid content is because they want to feel all elitist and unique.. and to sell myth updates.. I've seen them asking 30k plat for updates... That's why y'all are so eager to voice your opinion that nothing needs to change. Get over it, it's a game.
    The Jones likes this.
  15. Eileithia Active Member

The Myth reward isn't the problem. I don't think anyone will argue with a BIS bow. The Fabled reward is currently garbage for the amount of work involved in actually getting it for anyone that doesn't raid, or doesn't have a guild capable of taking out PK.. The fabled SHOULD be at least on-par with the best fabled bow we can get in heroic content. Not an appearance slot item.
  16. Gaarysal Active Member

Beastlords got their buffs from the heroic portion, the mythical weapons are irrelevant through normal gear progression. There is no reason for them to go back and kill statue other than for appearance. Channelers would need to go back in order to remain competitive within their class.
    The Jones likes this.
  17. The Jones Active Member

Ok so you aren't including all of the annoying stuff in between and I am. The cost of finding help for named and starting a good PUG is huge, and apparently that's not an issue for you. Especially if you say it took you 3 hours to complete 6 heroic zones. Probably took me 2 hours just in group forming for those zones, not to mention most of them took more than 30 minutes. You're at the mercy of your group and some of you seem to know a lot more people than I do that can help.

Pretty sure I spent much more time on the prereqs than you did but maybe I wasn't as focused. Can I count the amount of time I spent being offended on the forums?
  18. The Jones Active Member

Exactly. My beastlord epic took me forever too for the same reasons. I still think the 10 hour estimate is a joke. Again though i'm estimating time at my computer doing things related to the quest. Not sure if 50 is my actual time spent, but it's a heck of a lot closer to 50 than 10.

I'd love to join a guild focused on heroic group forming, but they seem to be non-existent. Either you're in a raiding guild or you're in a casual guild.
  19. The Jones Active Member

THIS.

I've heard the update is 25K plat on my server, which ironically is probably something only a long time raider or hardcore player could afford. That's why I take those peoples opinions with access to such a guild with a grain of salt. I could be mistaken, but I think they have an agenda.

And yeah I should have never trapped myself in to debating the time it took. It has nothing to do with anything.
  20. Kander Developer

We have already stated we will be revisiting the fabled version of the epic. We will be looking at it on Monday when the entire team returns from the holidays.

Going to ask that this thread is locked as it has basically diminished to an argument and no longer useful.
    The Jones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.