Chains of eternity - To expensive.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Helmarf, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Zorastiz@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    EVE is a pure pvp game. EQ2 is a mixed pve/pvp that makes a difference in expansion costs, i bet if soe made enough money from subs to make expansions they would.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jolemai Guest

Helmarf, what would you spend 40$ on that you will spend the same amount of time (and possibly enjoyment) on that you would/will on CoE?
  3. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Jolemai wrote:
    this ^
    you cant even go to a movie for 2 for 40 bucks.
    dinner? unless its mcdonalds forget about it.
    for 40 bucks you get to be entertained for a month or two, and thats not bad.
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Same complaining happens every single time they release an expansion without fail.
    It comes down to this: If you think it is worth it, buy it. If you don't think it is? then simply do not buy it. The end.
    If Christmas & the economy is hitting you hard enough that buying the expansion for the normal expansion price is going to cause problems...perhaps you should be thinking about more important things than expansions for a computer game?
    That sounds harsh but these threads always come across like people wanting something for nothing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

yohann koldheart wrote:
    Uh yes you can, and no I don't go to matinees.
  6. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Its an expansion.
    Expansions are always $40 when they first come out.
    /shrug
    Now what is a VALID complaint is the cost of the Collectors Edition with the majority of the "collector" bonuses just being SC trash. That is shady IMO
  7. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Geothe wrote:
    And yes, the CE is junk compared to previous CE and they know it. Waiting to see if they bother to address the issues. :(
  8. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

While I agree that it seems like a lot, haven't they all been around that price, give or take a few bucks? It is all relative. As some pointed out, it cost that much or more to go out to dinner and when it's over it's over, you have nothing. What's less than two hours of work pay that can be used indefinitely in the big picture? You cannot get much for that anymore.
  9. ARCHIVED-salty21db Guest

Helmarf wrote:
    Truth hurts. Don't post your opinion or idea on an open forum and not expect one back.
  10. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Im gonna buy the expansion no matter what the end price will be, but i do have some friends that will not be able to. For 40$ you can have 10 times more back depending on what country in the world you live in as not "everyone live in US"

The thing is here when you compare Dov vs Coe you have to pay the same price for half the content given us, hence why i think the price is to high. And being able to buy it with Krono in game would defently help alot of players out there in these dark times.

I do think they should make it possible to buy Coe with krono, 2 krono for standard and 3 krono for collectors would be a fair price. As krono is allready payed for in game by someone Soe allready got the "real money" for it and it want make a different for them but ones again will make a huge different for a continues large growing player base.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i agreed, it is too expensive, it should be cost 29.95 for standard and 39.95 for collector edition.
    that expansion is no bigger than the size of Feerrott, i feel it is rip-offf to be priced at 49.95 and 59.95.
    no excuses if attempting to say "Slpit-up Packs" like you did with DoV.
    CoE and AoD are both the smalliest expansion.
    now we the players knows what the next expansion will be, another smaller expansion and overpriced, that is nearly a "straw" the broke the camel., they are to be a major hold out or refusing, or possible "Boycotting" until you get back to original vision and good size of new places to explore.
    devs are cutting the corners in my view.
  12. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Tyrus@Butcherblock wrote:
    you have no clue what your talking about, the first overland zone is the size of ferrott.
    then there is another overland zone and instances scattered around norath TSO style.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

In times when entire games can be bought for 59.99 with no monthly fees, the exp are really expensive. You can counter with the movie night expense, or dinner out...
    but really what should be compared is the other gaming available in the industry today. Perhaps the most compelling post I have seen was what EQ1 got with their exp packs, so much more than EQ2 is being offered.
    It is true that the these prices are consistant with what SOE has charged in the past. But that was really before several other games moved the industry foreward with their "buy the game, play with no monthly " pricing.
    I think that lots are thinking that for the price of one expansion, they could buy an entire new game and never have to pay monthlies or exp prices again. So many of our guildies have made this choice already.
    I love the commercial for the samsung phone thats out now, where everyone is standing in line waiting for the iphone..listening to snarky and funny reasons that the samsung is a better product, someone even holding a place for their parents in the line... I kinda feel like I am in the Iphone line. And trust me, I really really want to love the product I have...however....
  14. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

yohann koldheart wrote:
    "New" zones with reused zone assets of the old zones. Maybe some different textures, a tree or building here and there... Playing beta, I dont really feel like much of it is "new" ....
    A big example is the new Chelsith instance... wow... it looks so similar to the old chelsith, just a slighty different texture here and there, change the layout a little bit, and they call it new...
    The new loping plains? and Feerrott? these zones actually felt so much like the original zones to me, that I am pretty dissapointed...
    But then again, I guess they're supposed to?
    $40 bucks for mostly copy and pasted world from old stuff? Its not about "do I have enough money" its about "Do we think this is worth it?" ..... So far the answer is no. But most people who play the game are addicts, and like addicts, we will shell out the money for the expansion wether or not we like the product or even need it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Actually, it is required. If you don't have reforging or the extra 20 AA you can kiss raiding goodbye. For me to come back to the game I have to pay 80 f'ing dollars for each account. That is rediculous. I don't mind that the new expansion is 40 bucks, but having to pay another 40 on top of that is unacceptable.
  16. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Malvin@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Another good point as most people raid nowdays in one way or another, i say it again, krono krono krono FTW
  17. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Malvin@Lucan DLere wrote:
    you might have a better shot of getting your point through if you went into detail why not having 20 aa and reforging is such a handicap and 'required'.
    not being able to spend 20 points on adventure aa isnt a big deal i run around with 300 in adventure and the last 20 in tradeskill merely because any remaining adventure aa boxes are lackluster ones.
    as for reforging i'd like you to present me some examples of raid guilds that wont tolerate you not having reforging.
    In the end players with reforging will have a stat flexability advantage over you which they paid for and you did not.
    Put up the money or stop complaining about a service you have not bought the entitlements to.
  18. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Zorastiz@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    really - where? Taking my daughter to see the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 for getting straight A's -
    2 tickets @ 16.00 = 32.00
    1 Large popcorn @ 6.00
    2 large sodas @ 5.25 = 10.50
    total price 48.50
  19. ARCHIVED-Rutaq Guest

Dreamclouds wrote:

As a long time MMO players, I can assure you that the FTP and B2P games don't match up well. the most recent B2P MMO has so little content and limted character options that most of my friends left after 1 month and came back to their REAL MMOs like EQ2.
    Who knows what the future may bring but at the moment there aren't any B2P MMOs that have any decent amount of content.

At the end of the day, games / content take thousands of man hours to create. The people don't work for free so the content must be funded and I prefer that everyone pay's their fair share and buy the expansion versus subsidizing content on the backs of players that purchase items on the Marketplace.
  20. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

General_Info wrote:
    I yet havent seen a raider not using reforging so im not sure what you are on about as "this is a most have" for a raider! 20 AA's, every litlle extra counts.

But i think you miss the point here, introduce the option to pay for the expansion with kronos the same way people use them for monthly subs.