Chains of eternity - To expensive.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Helmarf, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

nevermind... lol
  2. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

General_Info wrote:
    That's a bunch of rot, there is a very extensive PVE community in E-O that never activates their weapons in anger at another person, not to mention a very robust tradeskill community.
  3. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

I don't think COE is "too expensive," I just think that there are other things on which I'd much rather spend that money.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

Rather than CoE being too expensive, what we might be looking at is the fact that charging the same price as a whole new game AND then expecting people to pay $15 every month as well is a bit much for the meagre amount of content on offer is comparison to said new title.
    People would be alot happier I am sure with paying for a sub and getting free content, or not having to pay membership and coughing up $60 per annum for an expac. At this stage in EQ2 asking for both seems... meh.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Geothe wrote:
    Exactly. It's the same price as past expansions when released. So many people are clamoring to get everything for nothing now days. It does cost money to create and implement this game. It isn't done for free so the money has to come from somewhere to pay the bills.
    Also, they have added items to the CE that help make it more "worth" the price. ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Ya maybe the price have gone up lately on the 0 and 1, but the point is "again" we could pay for it with kronos
  7. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I don't think it's that expensive. When you have more than one account it stings a bit, but $40 once a year is not excessive.
  8. ARCHIVED-sheila717 Guest

The expansions now (DoV and CoE) are a lot smaller than the expansions before them with a lot less GU content, but $40 is still a decent price especially in comparison to what other MMOs offer.
    AoD really should be included though, not sure why it's not, first time since KoS that a previous expansion wasn't included in the new expansion. Guess SoE wants to milk money from it for mercs still. :\
  9. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    The last movie I saw was Prometheus. My older brother & I paid a total of $36 between us: 2 tickets at $14 each, 2 sodas for $4 each. We got a nearly brand-new 3D screen with brand-new 3D glasses. It helps, a great deal, to simply avoid the garbage popcorn -- but even if we'd got some, we still would have paid substantially less than $48. FWIW, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    As for the CoE itself, I've seen nothing about it that interests me, & as a non-raider I'm very glad I didn't spend $40 on AoD -- someone else bought it for me, & I honestly wish she hadn't done so, as IMO the only part that was worth anything at all is the mercenaries, & they're so freekin' overpowered as to make the game mostly dull. Instead, my gaming money is being spent on the Baldur's Gate re-do, & stuff I need for my miniatures wargaming.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Freejazzlive wrote:
    the prices quoted are pretty much the standard in this locality, some are even higher for Imax and other perks (by the way the theatre is one of the few left that actually have popcorn poppers on site and does not use pre-popped. You missed the 40.00 mark by 4 bucks for a 3 hour entertainment period that is over and done with, but you are not willing to spend 4 bucks more for something that is ever changing.
  11. ARCHIVED-HadleysHope Guest

If you guys actually met the people that put this together and realise how much of their blood sweat and tears go into making this, honestly, $40 is not much. In this day and age when you get SO little for $40 this to me seems like a bargain.
    HH
  12. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

My only complaint is $40 should include AoD.
    Having to buy 2 xpacs to return to this game is way too much $$$.
  13. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    We don't buy refreshments when we go, mostly cuz I don't want to miss the movie running to the bathroom. But if you go to an IMAX, I believe it is like $17 just for the ticket. We just got back from San Diego for the weekend and I don't think we spent much less than $40 for any of our dinners the entire time we were there. Plus each tank of gas was another $40. Admission to the Ren Faire was $17 a piece. And then there was the cost of the hotel. And while I'd rather have spent the weekend in San Diego, making it worth the cost, the fact is, all that is done and that was a LOT Of money. I can replay this game as long as the service is still up and running. As I said, it's all relative. Now, I would not see a thing wrong with lowering the price. But when you are comparing whether something is worth it, you have to look at the big picture. As for the CE, do the math. Add up the SC cost of those items and see if it adds up before proclaiming "it's sc crap". Yeah it is, but what's the better deal?
  14. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

I´m still disapointed, that it was promissed, that content comes with GUs and should be free. But some extra features, we had to pay ^^ that´s one reason i bought AoD oX.
    Well i did pre ordered, but i still dislike that european have to pay more (thats why i say, its to expensive ^^). Perhaps i got some accounts..... might be a reason too.... perhaps SoE should include a gold recuring edition.
  15. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Tickets are $8.00 here, I don't buy the food or drink at the theater, that truly is a rip off, anyways we can go to a new movie for $16.00 total.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    the other popular game that just released a expansion does not include ANY of their previous expansions, so technically you are still ahead, if you where two behind on that game you need 80 to update - and you can;t skip expansions, to start anwer will run you close to 100 or more
  17. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Zorastiz@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    moot point, but you don;t go with kids do you? that is what it will cost me to take my daughter to see the movie she wants to see, that is what I will pay, just like 40.00 is what I will pay of rthe expansion. Don;t really care about the toys that are included, still have not claimed any from previous expansions, personally don;t need gimmicks. Paid 40 for the other games expansions and got nothing at all except for the license key with it
    Done with this line, ticket prices like gas prices vary greatly depending on the location, the popularity of the movie and the extras that are purchased, have taken the kids to a special that only cost me 5 bucks to get all of us in because of the outside temperature.
    40 is the price, if you don;t like it then don;t spend it is what it boils down to.
  18. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

$40/$60 is far too much for another 3 levels of grinding in Chelsith. Over scripted group zones, stair step gear reqs (instead of a steady slope). Server populations so low only crafters talk in public channels.
    4 accounts/pre-orders canceled.
    Thought i would be here til the lights got turned off, tbh. They turned a vibrant living breathing world into PAC-MAN.
    No you can't have my plat. Enjoy your game.
  19. ARCHIVED-The-Plethora Guest

I have 2 accounts but will cancel the pre-order one one account till I can afford it. I would rather grind the money to get Krono and let someone else buy it really.
    'Collectors Edition' did make me laugh, what am I collecting? it is an entirely virtual product and you can't even buy a boxed copy of the expansion. No nice printed maps, no cool EQ2 coin or anything like that, needless to say I will go for the standard edition only. Sony needs to stop treating this game as a test bed for EQ next and decide on a pricing structure / approach and stick with it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    I don't have kids, never wanted any, we have dogs and they don't like to go to the movies with us so I just go with my wife.
    I have the $40 bucks for the regular version and I have the $60 bucks for the CE, I just haven't decided to buy this expansion yet.