Celebrate Ten Years of EverQuest II at the Heroes’ Festival!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Poinsettia New Member

No spawns on Freeport for the 3 hours I've been logged in so far.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Grundge Active Member

Can you guys stagger the spawns on these?

Today the spawns are much slower and when they appear it is all at once. At best I can get to two but the rest are dead by the time I show up.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Not sure why spawns are spaced so far out. Sitting around for hours waiting for one battle sounds neither fun nor celebratory.
  4. Badwolfe Member

It would seem this is a bug, so if you haven't already been able to complete it, your unlikely to. As far as I can understand it affects melee damage, hence why folks with uber low level wizards are able to get the credit. Fingers crossed they will check the forums tomorrow and see we are having problems and have a fix ready for Tuesday's update. Failing that you will have to send a petition in to see if a GM can award you the credit. Personally I'm waiting until after Tuesday's update as I'd like to ear the credit for myself.
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hence, trying this all out on Test Server first. :-/

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fortunately, access to CoE will be automatic once the 24th rolls around, with/without this expansion (I'm not getting it, either, but I want CoE access).

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's not the point of Test Server. The point of Test Server is to test things before they're released officially (and we pretty much have to clam up about stuff before it's released) to make sure all the bugs are squashed before they waste time fouling up the Live game experience.

Uwk
    Cyliena likes this.
  8. Nolus Well-Known Member

Even with bugs I still found it fun and exciting! :)

Sorry Uwk I havn't been keeping up with everything these days. I will send a PM. :)
  9. NicoEhb New Member

On my 11 toons there one that cant get achievement for killing Baelon or the 70 one. I try a few time on each but i fail to get the Heroic Inspiration arcane buff with that toon : so no X dmg while in combat and no achievement at the end. It works fine for the first 3 Muppets for that same toon and it also works fine for all my other toons !!!

BTW seems the x dmg buff is continuously going up until the end. On one fight with Baelon, we were only a few people, at the end my heroic buff was at 238X damage...
  10. Airros Active Member

I had over 3K to Crit, CB and Pot...against Baelon for a 20+ minute fight...It's not unrealistic, if you are there from the beginning and actually doing damage... I think even one person could solo the 95 with a healer Merc, just in case...although they don't deal much damage...I have also seen DPS reach 17-20 Mil on a few occasions, quite often 6 Mil plus from people in Potent gear...
  11. Natharin Member

Just noticed the update notes.

GENERAL
    Free members now have access to Chains of Eternity content.

I know my opinions (like many others) point out a mix of feelings about certain choices being made by SOE with all the changes in the last year to the F2P model, but all the same I have no problem also seeing when you guys do make good choices so "Thank You" for this SOE as it is very much appreciated that you are not going to make us wait till the 24th for access to CoE thus giving us a chance to take part in finishing the achievement for the puppets.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Kylong Plains and Sinking sands camps have gone poof again. Fights are taking forever now since everyone working on expansion and resetting. Really painful to have them go poof as well. Please reset
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Despite the poor beginning of the festival, it has been a lot of fun. Thank you, SOE, for the new achievements, puppets, and plushies! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Virgatus like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

You are right though, Ocarinah...now that the hype has died out, and there aren't as many people needing them...the puppets are resetting before they can get taken down, so people who worked hard for credit on them recently, are not getting credit despite working harder at trying to take them down (harder because there aren't as many people to help). They really should have taken this into account when deciding to give these puppets x amount of HP. Probably would be better if HP of the puppet scaled according to how many people/how much damage it's taking during the fight.
  15. Bebechen New Member

You dont need to get another quest to kill them again, just go to their spawn spot and kill them again when they appear. You can do this over and over as often as you like.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bebechen...I posted that days ago and have already done this on a number of characters. I do, however, appreciate your taking the time to reply. :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! Tried one over on Test truly solo, just for shirts 'n' giggles (the dragon over in Antonica), and NONE of my spells as a Fury were working on it at all. Wasn't even making a dent in it (literally NOTHING was showing in the Combat Channels, other than a description of what was happening with each spell; no spell damage numbers at all mentioned, nor were flying about in the air), other than with whatever procs my weapons had available (Gleaming Strike, if memory serves). I finally yelped for help and had Kuulel (my apologies if I mangled the spelling! it was late at night/early in the a.m.) and her merc come in, though I swear her merc got more damage credit than either of us did, and the only spells of hers that seemed to maybe work on it were debuffs. :-/

The bloody thing reset at least once when I was trying to make a dent in it alone (the only thing dented was my Power, down to like 3% at times, with nothing to show for it), and at least once, if not twice, while the 2.5 of us were working on it. I was level 62 with my Test alt, that thing was level 10 (one reason, perhaps, why it wasn't damaging me at all, either, but sheesh). I don't pretend to understand how the stupid "number counter" thing was supposed to work ("Oh, just let it build up until you actually start doing damage to it!" "Wait, what?"), but I do know that it was almost completely pointless for over half an hour of wailing on it. I doubt any of my alts, or Uwk himself, will bother with it again. :-/

Uwk
  18. Mozil Active Member

Shadowknights have some spells, that's the trick to it. My extremely low level sk can still get credit via spell-spamming too.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Trick"? I'd spell-spammed until I'd run out of Power (just about literally) for absolutely no effect whatsoever, even when the "number build-up" or whatever the heck that stupid system did was in the 400s+ range. Literally, the only things that seemed to be doing any damage at all to a level 10 puppet were a Merc's multi-attacks and my Gleaming Strike for like a few hundred points of damage (when the level 95 Merc was literally doing 100s of thousands, if not millions, of points with each hit). :-/

Feh. Not fun. Not doing it any more. X-P

Uwk
  20. Mozil Active Member

If you were getting the number build-up buff counter thing in the corner of your screen, you absolutely should have gotten credit and currency. :eek: It doesn't matter if you were doing significant damage or not, just that you were on the list. So that's like...double-bugged.