Celebrate Ten Years of EverQuest II at the Heroes’ Festival!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

By: Racheal Afista McKenny

This year's Heroes' Festival is extremely special because Norrathians will be celebrating ten wonderful years of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating, and socializing in EverQuest II!

Travel to the cities of Qeynos or Freeport for the joyous festivities. Be prepared to join the fun, because the Heroes' Festival starts on Friday, November 7 and runs through Monday, November 17, 2014.

[IMG]

New for 2014
    A strange woman and her band of play-actors have been seen travelling around bringing to life the stories of Norrath's past. Track them down, and attempt to defeat iconic EverQuest II bosses... in patchwork form!

The patchwork bosses drop a new currency, Mischeva's Tribute, which can be used to purchase special items! Visit the Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and the Qeynos Capitol District for house versions of your favorite defeated patchwork bosses, including Darathar, the Djinn Master, Trakanon, Roehn Theer, and Baelon. The Mischeva's Tribute currency can also be used to purchase sets of level 10, 20, 50, 70, and 95 heroic armor and weapons!

Additional majestic items will also be available for Tokens of Heroism from the Heroes Festival merchants. How about sprucing up your garden with the Heroic Lance or Heroic Blade statues? The Clock of Ages might also make an interesting conversation piece for your next lawn party. If you don't care for housing décor, then maybe the Cloak of Remembrance or Cloak of Direction is more your style!

In addition to the new 10th Anniversary event, Heroes' Festival content from previous years is also returning to Norrath! For additional information on what's available during the Heroes' Festival, please visit some of our fabulous write ups found on EQ2 Zam and EQ2 Furniture.

[IMG]

Are you ready to celebrate the ten amazing years in Norrath? Log on and join us for this years' Heroes' Festival as we celebrate Norrath's past and look forward to many years to come!
  2. Virgatus Member

Can't wait. This year sounds like a lot of fun.

Hard to believe it's been 10 years already.
    Tarnorili likes this.
  3. Tarnorili Member

Aye, it'll be grand. I like me a bit of patchwork at times.
    Looking forward to it.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Those patchwork bosses look awesome. Nice job :)
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm nice but contested...going to make it really rough, especially if they have achievements tied to them. Sounds fun though. Hope the currency doesn't turn out to be too difficult to earn, though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

So triple up x4 raid boss mobs...and all the new achievements are for defeating these things at least once. These may be achievements I NEVER achieve, unfortunately. Grats to all you raiders out there though. Happy at least you got something new to work for. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sherbie like this.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, us solo players yet once again got kicked in the shin and knocked to the corner, as if we don't count for anything. Eh, I guess after a while you get used to it. :/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sherbie like this.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Just smack the mob being fought. You don't need to be grouped. They have bloated health, can fight them grey for credit.

I probably can't stay awake late enough to get them all tonight, but if anyone has a location to contribute it'd be appreciated! http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/eq2_quest:The_Play's_the_Thing
  9. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Will that actually give credit if you're not in the raid that scores the kill? I thought the game was designed to explicitly prevent that? If not, great, and I'll dust off my ranged weapons, but I suspect it shouldn't work...
  10. Kitsa New Member

It works fine unmentored/ungrouped.

Baelon is in Eidolon Jungle -1627, 220, 747.
    Sherbie and Neiloch like this.
  11. Lenolian Active Member

It works like open quest. no need to be grouped to participate in.

Killed Darathar in Commonlands near the crossroads.
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Darathar is just outside the actor's encampment, just outside the crossroads in commonlands, and I am not so certain that if ungrouped you would get credit because the quest reward drops as a loot off the mob.

I solo'd Darathar this morning but I doubt that I can solo all of these mobs. I was quite surprised, however, that despite the mob being gray to me, I still got a lvl 10 Legendary set of bracers, even though the description of the mob says because it was gray to me I would receive no rewards. About the only good these bracers are to me, however, is as a transmute and they are, as loot tends to be these days, heirloom, so can't even be sold on the broker.

Even level 95 with Darathar being level 10 ^^^ x4 it still took my brigand a good while just to down Darathar with her merc. Granted neither the merc nor my brigand took any damage from Darathar, but if it took that long to down a lvl 10 raid boss, I can't imagine how long it would take to down a lvl 20, 50, and 70 raid boss mob, doing it solo.

No merchant to spend the new tokens either, at the encampment, so wondering where this merchant is set up at, or if the merchant has yet been installed?
  13. Lenolian Active Member

I got reward from a special window, not from a chest or body. We were 3 solo players killing it, all got rewards. And for the merchant, reread the original post.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Looks like the Unnamed One is just off the dock to the right in Sinking Sands.

Sorry, Lenolian, you are correct, it was from a special window when I clicked on the body, it popped up instantly, so in my mind it was looted from the corpse, not rewarded the way most quest rewards are...by returning to the npc.
  15. Nesissa Member

Where exactly is the festival merchant? Have re-read the op, not seeing/reading anything that indicates an alternate location for this npc.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

The festival merchant should be in/near the crafting area of Freeport/Qeynos. I didn't realize they would be taking the new currency on the same merchant as the hero festival currency. Figured new currency, new merchant, which is how it's usually done. :D
  17. Zombie846 New Member

When I first got in to the game my daughter was playing WOW my great nephew was playing EQII at the time invited me over and have enjoyed the game ever sence
  18. Livejazz Well-Known Member

/facepalm

Seriously, please tell me that's a November Fool's joke. The last thing we need is yet another new currency.
  19. Nesissa Member

Well..... perhaps this festival SHOULD have hit the test server.

Still can't locate the merchant, not at the location they've been at in the past, and can't find them at another location.

Been hangin out at Roslyn's caravan for a looooooooooong time, no bossie boss. On the flip side, the npc's here are quite talkative, helps pass the time to have good convos. ;)

Merriel, I hear what you're saying, and that's a really good assumption... I'd just like to find the merchant! lol
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Are you supposed to get the quest again after each boss kill? I got the quest for Darathar, then got the quest for Trakanon, and now I can't get the quest again to do another boss. I don't see the quest in my quest journal either. :/