Celebrate Ten Years of EverQuest II at the Heroes’ Festival!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I actually retracted my original complaint in a later post, as I did learn that you can join in the fight without having to group with others, thereby making it possible to participate even as a solo player. I have no problem with content being added for raiders...just get tired of seeing the solo player's play style get passed over time and time again...thankfully it seems SOE has finally realized the solo player needs some recognition as well as their last several releases have reflected, this one included. I won't be so quick to judge next time, now that I've seen the way in which they handled this situation, which is unique in and of itself.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Killed all of them and none of them went down fast. Must have been a bug but I killed half of them early morning. The last one was in sinking sands and there were like 30-40 of us and still took several minutes to kill the Djinn Master (most of us were high level too).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Natharin Member

So, any chance we can get TEMP FLAGGED access to at least the zone for Baelon?

I mean my butts starting to get a little sore here SOE. Come back to the game after a few expansions and RL issues and did not buy the expansion because it was so close to AoM coming that it was pointless and to buy just for the last achievement update to only get it anyway for $40 on the 24th is even more so.

Money may not be an issue, but only a fool gives it away, and I'm no fool. Thanks for the fun and the great idea, but its to bad so many of the new additions so far that I have seen to main live events are incorporating so much more high level areas, etc. They have always been centered so that everyone in the game had the ability to join in on the festivities equally.

So outside the resounding "No!" I expect about considering access to at least that area I am guessing that access to CoE will not be opened for everyone until the 24th and they buy AoM (if they missed out on the usefulness of CoE) huh?

Well guess its time to find some ointment.
  4. Nolus Well-Known Member

I like the was this was done. omg, I think we had a WW first kill on Darathar! Definitely a couple WW first discos.. I've never been a raider, so I like that everyone could do this! Only disappointment, no title? :D
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

In case people were curious as to how the spawn mechanics work.

- Each zone/spawn has a random timer.
    - Zone-wide emote ~13 mins before spawn.
    - "The Mischeva Play-Actors have arrived! They are setting up camp and will be ready to start the show shortly!"
    - Another zone-wide emote 1 min before spawn.
    - "Hear, hear! To all the Heroes that have come before, and to all the Heroes that would be -it is time to confront the power hungry Djinn Master! Watch as we animate him into being!"

However, it seems that SOE have temporarily patched a live fix to address the spawn problems (particularly with Kylong Plains), so that they don't have to take the Live servers down to patch them. Presumably the following won't happen after the next patch day...
    - Periodically the entire event will deactivate and then reactivate instantly and trigger the first message.
    - Any spawns that were in the process of running their spawn script will reset and start again at the ~13 minute timer.
    - When this happens, all 6 puppets will spawn simultaneously across all of the zones (I say 6 because of Darathar x2).

Edit: For those taking issue with these being "contested x4" mobs:
    - These are basically just "reskinned" contested "training dummies" with a bunch of HP.
    - They don't fight back, or deal damage of any kind.
    - The only time you will take damage from these, is if another player there is procing "Aspect of the Dragon" (or similar), which I think is actually kinda funny. Because you know people will use this to grief lower levels at these.
    - Set up in a "Public Quest" style system. You don't need to join a group or a raid, and you only need to get onto the hate list to receive full credit. Hitting the "training dummy" once is enough to do this.
    - You do also get an incrementing offensive attribute buff, that increases the longer you are engaged against the puppet. So even if you find yourself with only a few people at an event, it shouldn't take forever.
  6. Natharin Member

NVM missed the possible reason for taking damage mentioned.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Thoroughly enjoyable event, well done SOE.
  8. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Mischeva, sounds like a company that makes hebrew unleavened crackers. Sounds like they are running out of names for currency.
  9. Tarnorili Member

Aye, I totally agree. I was speaking very theoretically/generally. On the whole it's been on the whole very accommodating I think!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...and why, pray tell, wasn't this on the Test Server? I know what's left of the EQ2 staff's been busy with the expansion, but seriously, how tough would it have been to set it up there between the time NotD came down and Heroes' came up on Live? Not a lot of time to test it, perhaps, but perhaps we wouldn't be having any issues now. :-/

Uwk
    Naramsin and Tarnorili like this.
  11. Nolus Well-Known Member

Uwk, I think they were trying to give everyone a fair shake so no one had an advantage on finding it all out beforehand. Giving us all a fresh look on it we had to figure it out ourselves. Makes sense to me. I think thats why anyways.
    Tarnorili likes this.
  12. Frinch Well-Known Member

Spawns currently broken on AB. Been 2.5-3 hrs with no spawn.
  13. Tetrol Well-Known Member

This does remind me of 10 years ago - camping mobs lol
    Sylvain likes this.
  14. Sylvain Member

Haha! agreed I think my brain stopped working properly a few hrs before that, but it was fun monster hunting with everyone. I did grind out 300 marks but need to wait for the AoM expansion release to get Baelon .... tic toc

Slyboots / Freeport / Ranger V"""V
    Cyliena likes this.
  15. Malfaer Member

Anyone have any tips on doing damage to puppets that are far above in level? Tried to take part in killing Theer in SBH with my Bruiser, but she's only 53 and never made a scratch and therefore didn't get on the hatelist. I've heard it's possible, but no idea how.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

From what Afista said, low lvl characters would be able to do this as there is some kind of scaling that will go on during the fight, which would benefit low level characters. I did Djinn on a lvl 14 character and had no problem hitting him and getting credit. If your character is not getting credit, it's probably not working as intended for you and you may need to /petition or something. I've also done Baelon on some lvl 88 and under characters, with no problem.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Malfaer like this.
  17. Grundge Active Member

Thank you for this. Today was the first day I joined in on this and it was a lot of fun. It is great to see so many people on my server at once and working together. :)
  18. Malfaer Member

The scaling buff doesn't seem to help as my character never gets it in the first place. I've tried both Theer (level 70) and Baelon (95) twice with my level 53, and haven't managed to get the achievement. Someone in General chat said they got Baelon at 32, but if I can't land a hit at 53 even on Theer while almost going OOP from spamming all my combat arts, I have no idea how they managed it on a 95 at 32.

I think Djinn Master is only level 20 and Baelon is 95, so only a level difference of 6 and 7 there for you, respectively...I wouldn't expect a problem.

Guess I'll just keep trying and hope I get lucky. Though if it's this hard for my level 53, I wonder if it'll even be possible for the rest of my alts.
  19. ernurvorn New Member

I did Baelon twice yesterday on my 75 zerker, didn't get credit for either one. I know that I was generating hate too, because my combat log was updating my hate with I used my taunts. Not sure why I didn't get credit. Haven't tried the one in SBH yet.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

It's definitely a glitch but doesn't affect every low lvl character. I did all five bosses on my lvl 14 shadowknight with no issues whatsoever, but my level 16 guardian isn't getting the updates for Theer or Baelon (haven't found Trak on her yet to be able to test him), but she did get the update for Djinn and Darathar. I've submitted a ticket for her, to see if I can get this corrected for her. She is the first character I've had that hasn't gotten the proper updates.
    Malfaer and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.