Fixed Internally [Bug] Crusaders "Aura of Leadership" was does not work anymore since the todays patch.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ingerimm, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

Just because YOU think it is bugged does not mean it is.

As I said in my rebuttal to your post, you *clearly* do not actually understand how those abilities work. The fact that the stacks for Champion's Interception build so fast that a Guardian doesn't have to wait for them is not due to a bug, it's due to a change in development decisions that causes group members to be hit so much more often than they used to be. You claimed that the stacks are not even consumed which is patently false - a 'lie', as you put it.

Nothing you pointed out with Guards is a bug. It's just things you think are unfair, which would be fine if you suggested they were possibly overpowered compared to their initial intent, but you flat out claimed they are bugged or that we have abilities that we DO NOT HAVE. That is why I came to this thread in the first place, and rather than actually responding to my comments with any kind of evidence to your claims, you attacked me as a person.
    Priority likes this.
  2. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

First of all, i play this char since beginning of beta.
    Second of all, its not a ask to stength the paladin class but fix a lot of bugs with the class.
    Third was thats needed recast was the bug, therefore i write that all at the moment.
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Yes it do, it does not what it should does, so its a bug. As all counted abilities.

The guards was only a true comparing example .... wiht a lot of bugs, there are a lot more than counted....
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Good deal. We agree that the ONLY bug with the ability is that you currently have to recast it.

I have played a crusader since June of 2005. I've had other "mains" but I've always maintained the crusader as a viable alt. I have mained it exclusively since AOM. I feel I have a more than thorough understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of either crusader class.

Now that we're done measuring "Auras", let's set that aside and maybe focus on getting the ONLY existing issue with Aura of the Crusader, the recast requirement, fixed.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

The guardian prestige ability does exactly what it says it should do. It increments when a group member takes damage. Not a bug.

It's actually a pretty unique ability that adds a massive survivability benefit to that group if running a guardian. Except in contested, should probably fix it to be a final damage reduction so even at 8 stacks and 1600% damage increase, it still reduces by 50%
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

It absolutely DOES do what it should.

Again, just because you don't LIKE what it does doesn't mean it is bugged. Where in the description does it say it would do anything different than what it does?

It gains a stack every time a group member takes damage. Group members ALL take damage every tick of surge, which EVERY encounter has now.

That is NOT.A.BUG. I'll say it again: Just because you don't like it, does not mean it is bugged.
    Twyla and Priority like this.
  7. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

It's for sure a bug, an overseen gap at calculation for the ability. If a regenerative ward should not allowed to regenerate fully, why should a damage reduction can reach his max value, over the full duration???
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Because it's literally written to be it's full value for it's full duration, from day one.
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Where says that this same not was thought at the ward, what was bugged since day one? => pure logic

The damage reduction has a lot more power than the ward, in any case.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

Literally by Caith in this thread.
  11. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Dont speak for Caith he can speak for its own if he want. Exspecialy if he would be see what i would show for him ... at fairness and class balancing ... but possible that he says you have right ... but also possible that he check the fail in this statement, from your meaning ...
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

13. Taled Well-Known Member

Again, it is not comparable to wards. They are completely different mechanics. Wards regenerate completely passively with no triggering factors.

The stacks for champions interception only build when group members get hit. If my group takes no damage, I get no stacks. If yours takes no damage, your ward regens to full.

See any differences yet?

Your ward will ALWAYS be available, my damage reduction will not. Your wards aren't counteracted by damage multiplication, Champions Interception is. (50% reduction is 50% reduction, it doesn't mean ANYTHING if you have 400% damage multiplier, etc)

Still not seeing a difference?

You ward requires pushing one button, after you spec for it. (Okay, *currently* you MIGHT need to recast it occasionally for stat issues, or if you get debuffed) Champion's Interception is a 12s duration/36s recast - you have to constantly recast it, and it is down more than it is up.

See any difference yet?
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I get that you may be confused after 4 pages of making **** up between Caith's post and yours, but I would absolutely not make up words and put them in the developers mouths.

I've quoted his posts above so you can refresh your memory instead of taking my word for it since you clearly wouldn't take my word for it.

:)
  15. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Then read what Caith realy wrote and not what you want what he wrote. Post fraktions of all was Trump like ... and stupid ...

thx

and now i am tired, gn8
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

A) I didn't post FRACTIONS of anything. I quoted his entire posts. As well as both of yours. Quit making excuses.
    B) You are the one reading what you WANT to see, and not what he wrote. Note where it specifically says " 2,529,780,736 for the fully replenished Aura of Leadership " - specifically note the FULLY REPLENISHED part. Now note the part where he says " Aura of leadership regenerates every 20 seconds " - Those two statements, taken together, mean that your ward is absolutely not intended to have its full value at all times. Otherwise, it would read 'Aura of Leadership fully replenishes every 20 seconds" and that is what would happen.
    C) Caith usually makes a point of being precise with his phrasing because he knows that players are going to pick it apart and ***** and moan if it doesn't work exactly the way he said. More so on the rare occasions like this thread where he explains EXACTLY how something works, so maybe you should JUST TAKE CAITHS WORD FOR IT.
  17. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

And what does that have to do with the fact that you have to cancel and recast the wards after each zone change, crash or relog, otherwise the ward values will not fit and will be too low. Then have to be aborted and recast several times until the values of the regeneration updates fit in size?

And that, for example, with "Aura of Leadership" with a reuse time of 180 seconds and a regeneration time of another 70 to 80 seconds, depending on adornment and AA skill choise?

Stand around for a few minutes after each zone change and recast until cancelled wards until the values match... pretty much nonsense.

As I said, you're just referring to my side note, such a faction, that these wards aren't designed to make sense and why and that I've pointed out that the guards have an ability with the same functionality and a higher impact. Called group damage reduction instead of group ward, what is allowed to reach the max value.

You're not addressing the definite bug I addressed.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

Aura of Leadership is affected by Ready Up. It's really not that bad. Just remember to cancel it after your current zone is done, go to the new zone, smack some trash to get stats up, recast it.

The annoying part is how long it takes to cast.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

It haa nothing to do with that bug, but that also has nothing to do with the initial topic of this thread. Just like the potshots you took at Guardians and Templars. Glad you finally seem to understand that.

Having to recast the buff to get the 'appropriate values' is a separate issue; and a LOT of buffs work that way because buffs typically aren't set up to dynamically update as your stats change. Hence why you have to rebuff after casting Vampiric Requiem, but not after losing it.

As a matter.of fact, Caith specifiically noted that the fact that the ward WAS previously staying at the same max value when you changed zones WAS THE BUG, and to be honest, you recasting it with max stats to get a better value despite losing stats could arguably be called exploiting, if anything.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Before the ward change with the permanent updates there was no bug with that, now it is. Caith had done some changes, it was gone, now it was back since the last server restart.

And this has nothing to do with an exploit, its a bug. Sometimes it has only some millions, other times some hundred millions and the real values lies at 1,x to 2,x billions depending at stats for the regen updates.

There's no point in getting rid of dynamic updates if the game doesn't work properly anymore.

The game has been running with dynamic updates for 20 years now and now it has to be abolished? For what?
    Now that there are hardly any players left, the server and client load can't be a reason, it used to be a hundred times higher than yet.