Fixed Internally [Bug] Crusaders "Aura of Leadership" was does not work anymore since the todays patch.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ingerimm, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

[Bug] Crusaders "Aura of Leadership" and "Blessing of the Paladin" does not work anymore since the todays ward patch.
    This regenerative ward does not generate any ward value since the patch.

The same counts also for the next regenerative ward "Blessing of the Paladin"

Please check and correct it.

Thx
    best regards
    Ingerimm
    Taliss, Sephris, Drona and 8 others like this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

You should check Demonstration of Faith while you're at it.
    Twyla and SolarFaire like this.
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

In rare exceptional cases, they generate a ward, but extremely rarely and not permanently, as they should do.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

In my first look's the direct wards seems to work correct.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  5. Caith Developer

I cannot repro an issue with these on Thurgadin
    Aura of Leadership starts at 0 when applied, as it should, and at the 20 second mark regenerates ward value.
    Blessing of the Paladin starts at 0 when applied, also as it should, and at the 6 second mark regenerates ward value.

(1689207257)[Wed Jul 12 17:14:17 2023] YOUR Aura of Leadership has applied to Caith as a critical ward.
    (1689207277)[Wed Jul 12 17:14:37 2023] YOUR Aura of Leadership regenerates 21.0M points of absorption.
    (1689207281)[Wed Jul 12 17:14:41 2023] YOUR Blessing of the Paladin has applied to Caith as a critical ward.
    (1689207287)[Wed Jul 12 17:14:47 2023] YOUR Blessing of the Paladin regenerates 71.1M points of absorption.
    (1689207297)[Wed Jul 12 17:14:57 2023] YOUR Aura of Leadership regenerates 21.0M points of absorption.
    (1689207317)[Wed Jul 12 17:15:17 2023] YOUR Aura of Leadership regenerates 21.0M points of absorption.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Okanagan Member

The wards 'apply' but they are not consumed when you receive damage.
    Zenji likes this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

The ward is DRASTICALLY lower than it was yesterday, changing the ENTIRE function of the ability. If that's intended, so be it; but as it stands, it's bugged.
    Twyla, Rojjr and SolarFaire like this.
  8. Rojjr Active Member

Aura IS bugged. Less than 1% of pre patch value. You effectively removed the ability from the game with this update. Same with pally regenerating ward. And I assume other classes regenerating wards as well? How can you come in here and act like there isn't an issue?
    Priority likes this.
  9. Aeras Active Member

The mystic's Oberon ward was doing this before the ward changes. This was sent to me by a mystic in my guild on 07/01/2023. It would apply and regenerate, but not absorb any damage. I checked my own after he sent it to me and seen that it also wasn't registering on ACT.
    [IMG]
  10. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Look here, i stay here for 4 minutes now and there it says that it was applied but not one regeneration tick.
    [IMG]

and also at spell effects window and maintained spell effects window was no ward value applied, show here:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

if a ward value was applied it would be shows as in this example:
    [IMG]

please Caith take a additional look.
    thx in advance
  11. Zexos New Member

Confirming these are all bugged, every paladin ward should be looked at as these were definitely not tested after changing them. I shouldn't be doing h2's and having Field medic as my highest healing done...
  12. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Caith
    I checked a bit more, if i take off all equipment and switch off all other buffs and only activate the regenerative wards, then them regenerate. So it seems that the regeneration was blocked from some different things.

Only take off the equipment or only switch off all other buffs, does not work for the regeneration ticks.

Caith, you can copy my character to test it, if it helps.
  13. Froakin Member

So, not fully figured out, but here's a clue. The test failed because it was ran with stats too low.

If your stats are "high" relatively speaking, the wards do not generate any warding value. I tanked my stats as shown in the images and was able to get Aura of leadership and Blessing of the Paladin to finally regenerate wards. Any higher, and blessing stopped. (For Reference, I usually have over 28k CB just standing around doing nothing).

It also was only checking at the time I cast the ward. It was not updating the amount regenerated as my stats changed. I could get "mostly naked" cast Aura of Leadership, then put my gear back on, and it would regenerate at the same rate. So I guess a partial workaround atm is to find your correct level of "nakedness" then cast your regenerating sustained wards, then put your gear back. Every time you zone! Whee....

Not to mention Leech, which makes you can't even use the same stats in every zone.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  14. Kodamungus Active Member

Logged in on my Pally and saw similar results as Ingerimm. The difference being that I do see ward values applied, however, they cap at the initial update burst and never tick up to anything near the stated values of the abilities.

[IMG]
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

July 11 Outgoing heals and July 12 Outgoing heals.

Same stats, same raid, same group, same strat. Obviously, Aura of Leadership was dramatically changed in it's effectiveness.

July 11 Heals[IMG]

July 12 Heals
    [IMG]
  16. Nata Member

@caith
    The problem I'm seeing is if the incoming damage is greater than the ward amount (even when the tooltip is wrong), that the ward no longer absorbs partial damage. Instead the damage bypasses the ward.

Looking at hour long fight on Sunday, I have thousands of log entries like this:
    (1688953893)[Sun Jul 9 20:51:33 2023] Sepsis' Ancient Shroud absorbs 6,681 points of damage from being done to Barakuzz. (0 points remaining)

Looking at the same hour long fight after yesterday's changes, I have ZERO entries where 0 points remaining. In every case if the incoming damage was greater than what remained on the ward, full damage was taken.

In addition to this, it appears the damage is only being contested vs a single ward. So if I had 4 different wards on me, and the damage happened to first get checked against the lowest ward, I took full damage from the swing and it never even contested against the other 3 wards on me.

17. Caith Developer

This one is a display bug only, there is a race condition with the messaging that is causing the spell to do it's final reduction, then terminate, then try to send the message about the reduction, which it is no longer there to do. It is still actually doing the reduction as that happens before the termination call.

I've been able to reproduce the issue now on live, but not on internal servers, which makes me think it may be a unix vs windows issue, which is always a delight to track down. I've pushed a reversion to US servers converting non-item based wards back to their old method, and will be pushing that reversion to EU shortly.
    Ingerimm and Priority like this.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

Confirmed, working as it did on Tuesday before the patch.
  19. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

thx Caith :)
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

And a new patch and new problems.

I think the ward values shouldn't be changed?
    Will the strength of the wards stay the same?

Now the regenerative wards are ridiculous values of a few million wardpoints compared to previous 2 digit billions, now in the instances. But yes now them regenerate.

as example my regenative group ward at takkish raid zone now:
    [IMG]
    remaining was the full group ward value after reduce through "chaotic leach" or now "Oppressive Sand II" in this case ...ridiculous ... sorry ...

same here:
    [IMG]

The effect of the wards is therefore zero and the direct wards are also reduced in their values.

The mean of wards was mainly to cover damage spikes. Todays opponents do one to two digit billion damage spikes and not only millions for the whole group.

So please adjust the size of the wards accordingly.
    It's the defensive tools of the crusaders that you're cutting massively here.

I wonder why you don't even cut the stone skins and aviods of the warriors and brawlers but always only the healings and wards of the crusaders???

Thanks

Please fix the new issues.
    Drona likes this.