Broker Item Delisting

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

The random delisting of items stinks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Its not random
    stinks yes
    Beee, Twyla, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Hey look they are increasing the timer with the patch:
    • Broker auto-unlist time increased to the next server restart after 28 days of being listed.
    I can live with it now that it'll be a once every 4 weeks chore instead of alllllll the time.
    Sunlei, Geroblue, Beee and 3 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES!!! Excellent. :D

Uwk
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Ok correction: It feels to be random :)

I really wonder why they do not delist all items above 50.000.000.. these are 100% old items
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Probably because they are not hurting anything by being there, or it could be that it would mess up some other lines of code to change it, like Fae would all lose their wings, Erudite would grow hair... or some other such nonsense that wouldnt make sense or be related to anything on the surface that most of us would see as logical.
    Or they would wind up crashing the broker again and pretty sure nobody wants that.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Moss Well-Known Member

They put in place item unlisting because of performance issue. So I suppose old items should be hurting performance as much as new items... So any items above 50M should already have been be removed and they should make sure we not are able to list them again above 50M.

I could confirm on my end that item unlisting was not working properly. Only recently updated/added items are affected. I've plenty of old items in multiple bags on multiple characters that are still listed.

Let's see if they change anything after this patch.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Logically that would make sense if it were in fact for performance issues like we were told.
    Its like when the government told everyone to wear mask prevent the spread of covid when the virus being spread was so small it was like trying to stop mosquitoes with a chain link fence.
    Don't believe everything you hear.
    Think about what else is being changed while we are concerned with the odd broker changes, thats the real story
    LOL
  9. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Unlisting is also there for to keep items new and fresh which I appreciate. I dont want to buy items from people who have a broker listed item for 50 million plat and its just sitting there but they havent logged in for months. I usually like to message a player and work out a deal with them, maybe offer a trade as well.

I only wish they would incorporate a filtering option for things like COLLECTION ITEMS so I can search collection pieces by ones that I am missing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Clintsat like this.
  10. Zinj Well-Known Member

Realistically, if permanently listing items on the broker with the "broker anywhere" feature is too much overhead; then they should have gone back to the previous state of only being able to access via a set broker.
  11. Laaw Well-Known Member

If you are a daily active player there needs to be an exception to this awful idea of delisting items.
  12. Sunlei Well-Known Member

What a major PITA for a paid account! to check broker and find everything delisted.

PLEASE-Only if the ACCOUNT is NOT PAYING for a sub- after 30 days have passed should the broker delist prices.
  13. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Generally speaking here, If someone has something that has been on the broker for 30 days without being adjusted in price then they arent really paying attention to the broker to begin with and I dont mind seeing their items removed that just take up space anyways. A good broker seller is always adjusting and examining broker prices and fluctuations. This wont affect ANY daily active player I can guarantee you that.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So, does this mean my currently delisted items will become listed ?
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

What you call 'A good broker seller' I would call something entirely different and far less complimentary. The game isn't supposed to revolve around the broker and there are plenty of items that are situational and will never sell quickly but need to be available when people search for them.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Almost certainly not.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think they wanted to mostly get rid of those insanely expensive Krono, that means you will see far more people trading theirs in the broker chat.
  18. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I don't believe for a second that you have logged in and not checked items you are selling and relisted them at newer lower prices if someone undercut you. If you had something of value that someone wants, itll get purchased. I highly doubt it has ever gone more than 30 days for anyone to edit an item listed on the broker. If it gets delisted then its a heads up that maybe you didnt check it often enough and you probably missed out on selling it at one point because someone undercut you. Just guesses but probably correct in most cases. Again, generally speaking.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Magic Eight Ball says:
    [IMG]
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

Believe it. I list and forget it. If it's still there when I next need space in the box it goes to the vendor. I never re-price.
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.