Broker Item Delisting

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

^^^THIS

There's some stuff that has been on the broker from my alts for a long time. Take, for instance, carpenters.... you never know when a decorator will need a crafted thingamabob. If I'm in the midst of creative decorating, then I do often just buy the thing rather than crafting it on the spot, especially if I have to swap over to another alt to do that crafting. So things can sit there a while before selling, but house items of all levels get used even in new builds.

I noticed that ,y sales toon has a stack of VoV tapestries in one box that has been there since the start of VoV. I may want to use those at some point, so they're priced a little high, but interestingly, though the price hasn't been touched in a YEAR, they haven't been delisted. I want to know what the actual criteria are for delisting! I want some dev communication on the purpose and parameters.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't see this information until and unless I access the broker. It's not pushed every time something sells, is it?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

I certainly hope not! What a total waste of processor power! I've never seen it either but then most of my stuff sells overnight when I'm offline.
    Sunlei and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

So? DBG have never been shy in the past about removing features that are years old, without any warning at all, just to make a quick and dirty fix to some exploit or performance issue. If this issue boils down to a choice between 'player convenience' or 'not bringing the server to its knees' then the decision should be a no-brainer.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

The message is a nonsense thing that nobody needs and the rest of it could be done from a client side cache that gets refreshed on demand when you actually use the broker.
  6. Llieam Well-Known Member

My 2 coppers worth...If your going to DELIST items, and you have to go into your boxes every 10 days and hit, "List item for sale" why do we not put another button that says "List ALL items for sale for each bag, that way the time involved to relist will be seconds for 6 bags and not 5-10 min to put ALL your items back on the market. This would be some sort of happy medium and keep the broker updated for those that have one, two three toons maybe more than have items on the market. For myself, It would be a great thing as I have 22 brokers with 130 boxes. Just imagine that nightmare clicking 2343432434234532 times to relist every item in every box every 10 days or however it works, not to mention it will take hours to do this.

Hope you can put the LIST ALL button in the game!

Ware
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I log in regularly. I am actively playing.
    My broker items shouldn't get de-listed. This is baffling.
    Naramsin, EmJay, Vladamo and 4 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's immensely useful for me when I'm in the throes of a decorating project; there's only so much my inventories and House Vaults can hold (THANK YOU, DENMUM, for the House Item Depot!!! :D) while I'm knee-deep in it, and having 76+ slot bags where I can toss stuff into right there in the house I'm decorating, essentially (especially if it's someone else's), is wonderful. :) I don't ever price the items or say "Yes" to selling them; the Broker bags/boxes are just more storage.

I kind of hope that I and others like me aren't contributing to the problem...but we shouldn't be; if we're not actively trying to sell such, we probably won't be in the data stream? :-/

And while it is massively convenient, it also encourages bad habits in me, I think; I do panic on occasion, make more stuff than I need to, largely because I haven't checked everywhere for an item, including my own Broker containers. X-P Afterwards, I often leave stuff piled up in there (this will happen less often with the new Depot, I promise) until even my 76-slotters start groaning at the seams. :-/

I really do need to clear those out, either into my Mistmoore Crags Estates (which are basically warehouses I can trust, just in case, even if they have less room ;->) or into one or more house item depots. The only issue I have with those (thank you again for them, Denmum! :D) is that we don't have a fast, convenient list of what's in there, like we do with the layout editor(s) and the Broker containers... ;->

Unless, of course, we keep up with it on Excel... ;->

In response to the main question, yeah, even 10 days is too fast. When I'd heard of it, I just figured they'd be changing "Yes" to sell it to "No"; didn't realize they'd take down everything. :-/ Not sure about 28 days, but since Kronos last for 30 days, why not keep using that for this sort of figure as well?

Uwk
    who actually does, sometimes, have tons of stuff to sell :-/
    Naramsin and Geroblue like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I.e., probably the stuff that's cluttering up the system the most? :-/

Uwk
  10. Sheklen New Member

Annoying. Do not want you to play the game, but want you to always be relisting things. Stupid move developers. Just let us play the game we enjoy the way we enjoy it. Please and thank you!

Not new, been here from the beginning. Played eq1 also!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  11. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Sorry I have to call BS on this one. This game has been running with the same broker system for almost 20 years and now they try to claim performance issue? There are way less items on the broker then there was 10 years ago due to less players and all of a sudden there is performance issues? With less items?

Anyone remember back when Sony ran things the only time there was lag was when 5+ guilds were trying to down a contested boss or avatar?

Sorry Daybreak but you guys need to stop with this crap, taking features away from us specially when we pay for them. Maybe use the money we give you and upgrade your servers hardware to 2020+ standards...
  12. Notnasty Member

No. I pay to play. The broker in all zones is a valuable resource for me.
    Naramsin and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Notnasty Member

Most of the stuff on the broker is way over priced, which is why it sits there. Seriously, stuff that cost a few gold to make is being hawked at 10 to over 100,000 platt. As a carpenter, it amazes me to see the prices for stuff I craft for a few gold. Not too long ago, portable tradeskill benches were going for a stupid amount. I think greed got us here. You can't fix greed, not even by delisting items.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Vladamo New Member

This appears to be a classic example of a business pushing their problem onto their customers. At minimum the ask for a "list all" button makes sense. But of course that may be exactly what they don't want us to do. Sigh.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Big deal. So do most of the people suffering from the lag we're being told that this causes. What makes your convenience more important than theirs?
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The lag is being caused because Internet providers in the US were deregulated around 3 years ago.

My speeds go from 10 megabits down to 5 kilobits per second. And back up.
  17. Roxtar Member

I think this is an economy server issue more than a data issue. Using cheaper servers creates this effect that players got to lose benefits like quicker zoning times and now broker listings.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Three, maybe four years ago? :-/

The thing that surprised me was how slow (relatively; on dial-up, it would literally take me 2.5-3 MINUTES, timed, to zone anywhere) even getting to an outdoor zone was, let alone a house or Guild Hall. Haven't tried too many instances recently, and most of the ones I have were probably fairly speedy due to them being visited on a semi-regular basis due to holidays, special events, etc.

I still bet a lot of the raiders are hacked off by it, though... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, three or four years ago Internet was deregulated in the US.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Telepath Active Member

On the bright side: having to log into all of your broker alts once a week to re-list all the items means you will not lose your character names when all the servers inevitably merge into one.