BRING BACK PVP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tyler Moore, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Absolutely NOT!!! 0.0 EVERY server? NO nope nuh uhn, never, no thank you, nix, neiet...
    Battle ground is PVP and arena like.
    Most of the population of the game CHOSE PVE, as in they did NOT want PVP... understand?
    The game you described was basically Warhammer online... Why try to force what you want on all players when you can go get your murder jollies there?

I do wish EQ2 still had Nagafen server, but no way in hell am I playing if PVP went game wide/every server.
    Heijo, Svenone, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

the devs tried with deathtoll but the server died. let's face it there isn't enough people to sustain a pure PVP server.

making every server pvp is a terrible idea, devs have bee working on BGs, peopel can play those and if there aren't enough people it's not the devs fault and it's not pve player's fault.

deathtoll was 'farm the solo levelers with a gank group' no wonder it died.
    Heijo, Griffon Lady and Belenos like this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You might try Dark Age of Camelot. That has areas of PvP and areas of PvE. and some areas of both (for a time). I was there some time ago but my friends left and so did I, but I did like it. It is still going on, as far as I know.
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

Since flagging your char for pvp is absolutely optional, I don`t really get the hassle over re-introducing it like I suggested.

Strange.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I play DAoC. The user interface and clunky character movement are enough to make you want to stab yourself in the face with scissors.
    Surgeon likes this.
  6. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Let me explain. As soon as an opt-in is available for open world PvP, there will spring up those PvP players who will do anything possible to disrupt PvE environments in the hoping of getting some other players to flag, and try to stop them. A lot like Crossroads in WoW. People who just want to PvE will have to put up with those who are killing all the mobs in the area, trash talking with chat and tells, and many other annoyance methods, all in the aim of trying to drum up some PvP action. Been impacted by that, never want to suffer it again. Basically, if open world PvP comes in, even if opt-in, I'm going out.
    Heijo, Svenone, Belenos and 5 others like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

What is the hassle of adding a complicated mechanic into the code of a complex 12 year old game and do it in a way that doesn't break the game, do it in a way that doesn't interfere with PvE, and do it in a way that would make PvPers happy? Sounds like a big hassle.
    Finora and Raff like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I played it a few years ago, was fine then, but things have changed, perhaps. However Tyler Moore and others wanting PvP should at least look into it if they don't want WoW.
  9. Xerikton Active Member

appears some old pvpers who left the game got banned in their new one and are back.

when will these people get it that most of us are here because we don't want whinny 12 year olds of any age. pvp only brings that and decades old Chuck Norris jokes.
    Heijo, Belenos, Raff and 2 others like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Well, Chuck IS decades old *grins*
  11. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Ah, the good ole claim that everyone you disagree with must be an immature 12 year old. What are you, 14?
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Any meaningful, open world PVP in EQ2 is dead and it isn't coming back.
    Belenos and Dude like this.
  13. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

I met a lot of great people on pvp servers, most of the best pve players were from pvp servers. There is bad apples on all servers.
    Meneltel likes this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Its usually the cowardly gankers that are the immature ones.
    Heijo, Belenos and Lucus like this.
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

and they love to boast about their K/D when they never engage in fair odds.

if there was an opt in, i would think there would be few trolls fishing for PVEers to flag pvp so they could get ganked by the trolls, the actual age of the trolls is irrelevant.

if PVPers are acting like 12 year olds so obsessed with destorying the enjoyment of the game of many others(PVEers) for momentary enjoyment on their part they don't belong in a mixed PVE/PVP game because they are toxic for player retention purposes, they belong in a pure PVP game where they are fresh meat for everyone else because their opponents are not undergeared for PVP nor disorganized.

i don't care how many PVPers are in this game everyone else is more likely then not keeping the servers running, the collective enjoyment of non-PVPers is more important then PVPers who will jump ship at the first sign that they've killed the server by making gameplay for everyone else unenjoyable.

like by being total asshats and preying on and killing non-pvp players with gank grps constantly so said non-pvp players can't actually play or progress the game at all.

in a game designed around PVE the enjoyment of the loyal PVE crowd is better then the highly temporary PVPer loyalty who will desert the game when they realize they made everyone else quit.

if you believe the purpose of a PVP or mixed PVE/PVP game is to make everyone else quit, you are part of the problem, victory conditions for a game are in the game client itself not your mind.
    Heijo likes this.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

Because most of us don't want to be griefed by people trying to get us to flag ourselves to make them go away.
    Heijo and Belenos like this.
  17. Raenius Well-Known Member

Chances that people spam-tell you to join their group for an instance is equal to the possibility they will tell you to flag for pvp - not truly an argument, in my opinion.

I think offer and demand would organize itself automatically.
  18. Prayos Well-Known Member

No. Also, no, it hasn't been in game since release.
  19. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I've played it off and on since launch, so I'm used to the UI. Modern MMO players who missed out on that early wave of (awesome) MMOs will find it infuriating. The thing about DAoC is that graphically it's aged decently, since they adopted new technologies through their expansions. With a modern interface and some tweaks here and there to make character movements more smooth (especially swimming, dear god) the game would be better positioned to take in refugees from other games.
  20. Tohopka Active Member

The only other game I play is SW:ToR. They added that toggle not long ago some backlash but even though I mainly play on a PvE server I never used it. Don't really see a lot of gankers so it's hard to comment on it. As for here I'm pretty sure it will never happen thankfully. IMO that is.

The code itself would almost have to be totally rewritten. And I been here since launch didn't like the he idea of when they added the first PvP server. Not long after the nerfs started.