Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside, grab an ale from Buzzed, the flying kegerator, and celebrate Brewday with the holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar. Keep a watch though, if you plan on patronizing the many drinking holes of Norrath this Brewday, as the Brewcrew Buccaneers continue to cause trouble. The last report stated they were at Dead River Docks in The Thundering Steppes.

New Features for '19!
    • TLE servers:
      • Fallen Gate - All of event available, except “More Brews is Good News” collection
    • New Quest
      • Ale in a Day’s Work
    • 6 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell, including a new mount!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft X" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Special event items can be purchased from Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IX
    • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning quests:
      • "Pressed into the Brewcrew” - Repeatable every year
        • New reward choice - Brewcrew Pier Lantern
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • “Thurgadin Ice Brew” - Repeatable every year
      • “Black Swill for Blackswell” - NOT repeatable
      • “Deep Within Hammerhall” - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" – Repeatable

Please note: Brewday will be active at the same time as Chronoportals this year, and both are active on Test right now. Please be sure to feedback any conflicts you happen to encounter.

This event content is currently set to run 03/05/2019 at 12:01am PST through 03/18/2019 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'll drink to that! /cheer
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was wondering when we are going to test this , was checking every hour.
    Just have to finish up the Moonlight enchantment and I be all over this :D
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

The Flying Kegerator is hilarious! *Everyone drink!* hic ;)
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the new quest is easy ,
    There might be a problem for low level people with picking the Haodera peppers.
    Anybody who can deal with level 18 mobs should be just fine , others should group with a higher level player
    to kill the mobs around , or be very careful sneaking around the area and maybe waiting for save respawns.

I love the brick wiskey distillery and the new mount and the brew tanks,
    and I now have my own bubble machine.;).
    hesh serving fizzle pop kicks up :D

uuuuuh and the new recipes are sooo cool too ha, ha, ha, love the green building blocks.
  6. Mirt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel -

The new recipe book has some amazing things in it. I love the furniture, the fresh baked bread, and the color of the verdant stucco building block set.

Is it possible to have the art department remove the stains from the building block set? They are such a wonderful vibrant green, but the stains are on everything except the floor tile and the railing. That kind of makes it hard to use the pieces for anything other than a dirty dingy build.

(Unfortunately it's the same with the peach stucco set too.)

Like I said though, the new furniture is awesome (the bed, cabinet, desk, etc) and that fresh baked bread loaf...great :))

Thanks,
    Mirt
    Cyrrena, Pijotre, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  7. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said this better myself -- the stains on the building block sets (both of them) are ugly as sin!! It really makes them not widely usable and down right depressing IMHO when we have asked, begged, pleaded, grovelled, etc for GREEN Building blocks for what seems like YEARS now. Please Please Please remove that hideous staining on them and retroactively take it off the peach ones!

If you can't do that -- Please STOP putting it on future building block sets. It really makes it so we don't want to use these building blocks that you put out.
    Pijotre, Sigrdrifa, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. Mirt Well-Known Member

Brick Whiskey Distillery - this is just plain awesome and now we sooooooooo need a red brick building block set from that PLEASE ! :))
    Sigrdrifa, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can only find 5 new buyables, even with the aid of eq2i. Can anyone shed light on what I am missing?

Brick Whiskey Distillery
    Emeraldscale Drakota
    Underfoot Debris
    Petamorph Wand: Stonescale Basilisk
    Animated Hops Plushie
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Mirt Well-Known Member

The new reward from the Pressed into the Brewcrew quest, called, 'Brewcrew Pier Lantern' doesn't give off any light at all. Please add a warm light to it. Thanks
    Cyrrena, Pijotre, Kasa and 1 other person like this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[Feedback] Ale in a Day's Work: You might want to set it so that folks cannot harvest more of the "Feysteel keg coupler" once they have their needed 6. (Saves them from accidentally or intentionally gobbling up more of those spawns than they need.)

The "incarnadine gauge regulator" is small enough that, even with the sparkles on it, you need to be pretty close to see it. :( It was a struggle to find what I needed and I can't tell if it was totally due to tired eyes, or if the spawn rate is low as well.

There's nothing in the quest dialog that I saw that mentions that Berrybrook Field is in Enchanted Lands. While most might intuit it from the "seamist" bit, or find the quest feather on their world map that points them in that direction, it might be good to mention it :D

For those looking for the start to the new quest, it is from "Buzzed" in the Bar of Brell (Snoogle's mechanical buddy that he's had for years)
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Too late to edit this, but item 6 is "Gnoll Guard Plushie" :D
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh good lord, not the "urine-stained Ash set with a different color" bit again (seriously, the Ash Tile is lovely; the rest are awful, imho)... :-/

At least it wasn't as obvious on the Peach Stucco set; I don't have the new books yet (Yet! Now, THIS is an event! :D), but I'll check 'em out. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He's new? I thought there was a Gnoll Guard plushie of some sort from last year? :-/

Uwk
    who, yeah, could very well be misremembering... ;->
    Cyrrena and Kasa like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, please! We still don't have enough "ordinary" (i.e., not Mastercrafted) lights that have "a warm light [that] shines brightly." :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

I thought so too, The Gnoll Guard Plushie and Snowfang Thief Plushie look very similar.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Possible conflict: I don't recall seeing any of the various Brews, Ales, etc. in the Brews Across Norrath collection in the Moors of Ykesha, but whilst hunting TINY purple glowies for the Chronoportal event in MoY (waaay further afield, now, than "near the portal"'; is this intentional? Were folks camping and gathering too much actually near the portals and going all speculator on the Broker with them? :-/), I found a Miner's Milk instead of my Element of Time. Interesting, but I wasn't expecting it. :-/

EDIT: Ah, okay, they're in the vicinity of The Lolly Cog (still new to me), but if the chrono collectibles are too far away from the portal, there will likely be conflicts. :(

EDIT: Was using my Track Harvestables (since the chrono elements are really, really very tiny) rather than by eye. :-/

EDIT: The brews I got are the ones you can find in the Bar of Brell, namely:

Bog Water Brew
    Miner's Milk
    Somborn Sanguine Ale

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Ladislava Active Member

Love the Flying Kegarator!
    Now since I seem to be out of touch with forum type things (I only post here and only recently) if there is somewhere else I should post suggestions please tell me. And by no means do I mean this year obviously but some ideas to play around with But for now....
    1. Green wings with beer bubbles or just tinted to look like beer maybe
    2. When you're doing the pub crawl or drunk if you try to fast travel it should randomly put you some other FT point. Or guild hall call ect because it would just be plain funny.
    3. Inebriated drunk plushies laying face down in a pool of beer.
    4. Brell Serilis statue (I need one for my guild hall)
    5. A brown carpet that has bubbles that float up when you step on it...like the hearts aflutter one
    6 Misty green tile

Just some things to think about
  19. Mirt Well-Known Member

I really like when people suggest new ideas and for the most part, the ideas are cool. :)

However, please don't implement the random teleportation thing. Although it might be funny one time, when you do these quests on alts, if that kept happening, people would get really ticked off really fast.
    Cyrrena, Tkia, Pijotre and 2 others like this.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

New quest:
    Gauge regulators are very hard to see. The sparkles are dim, I don't know why. I had one spawn right next to the bag for Oldar and I nearly didn't see it.
    Respawn seems low and I really searched for a long time even if there's some everywhere. I don't know if it was because they were hard to see, showing only up close, or just plain scarce, but I think there'll be a problem on live

Beer hoses shine brightly so they're easier to see.

Mentioning EL in the Seamist step of the quest would be nice. Not everybody played through EL nowadays and it's easy not to recognise the name.
    I wasn't really looking for wines when I was searching for the pepper so it took some time finding them. But thanks for getting us back to Mock Rent, hadn't been there in years! Respawn for those is really fast but not always in the same location I think.

The drink emote from the house item is amazing!

New reward:
    It's lacking light for sure.

Quest overall:
    I ran all the quests on a level 110 char without any issue poping up.

Could we NOT-GET the improved ale goggles when we already have them pretty please? Last year I deleted 4 sets of them on a char!

New craftables/buyables:
    The brewcrew captain's bed, cabinet and desk are made by 3 while everything else produce only 1-2 items at a time.
    I don't mind the stains on the stucco even if I can imagine how it's a problem for some.
    The 2 new food items are awesome.

I'm in love with the distillery!

Everything (and the working chronoportal paintings) are in my published house: "Chrono + Brewday 2019", Qeynos Opera House, Medium Homes (Test server obviously)