BoL Solo Instances ...really??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bianqa, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

Yes, yes...everyone who posts on game forums are developers in other games :rolleyes:

My healer (defiler) is doing okay soloing the sig line...looks like that mileage may vary for some people
    Siren likes this.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be a group game!! <

Um ...no. It is a game where you need to group to do the highest level content or get the best gear but where you can also see the world and enjoy the content solo.

At keast 10 years ago probably more like 15 EQ2 had a brief forced-grouping phase where a lot of "normal" content outside of dungeons could not be done solo.The uproar was such that they reversed this mistake with unprecedented alacrity.
    Juraiya, Lateana and kerry like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

Only if I win the Lottery :)

Otherwise, it is just playing the game.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Funny how people will twist the definition of the word "Solo" to mean whatever they want to defend their argument that the expansion should be punishingly difficult for priests.
  5. EQ_Jack Active Member

agree with this. my Son, who blew through 110-120 in (and I'm not kidding) < 1 hour. ran into this. went into zone with out merc, and that pirate named mob was a stalemate, becoming a battle between power and health. he finally had to give up, school night...

I played through same zone with WELL outfitted merc, and a pretty good DPS class well outfitted and grinded on 1 boss I Think for about 20-30 minutes before I Got through it. decided to avoid the others ones, and grabbed advil/tylenol for my hand.

Take away is this zones balance is off, compared to when you get to the point to go into it. So they either need to re-balance the zone, or make sure folks are better geared before entering...
    Cataclysm, Juraiya and Lateana like this.
  6. dngrmse Active Member

My first run in with the named wasp in CD took me a good half an hour to kill it. By the day before this expac went live, it was taking me less than 60 seconds. Wack, wack, wack, loot, and move on.

Until everyone adapts to the new changes, and gear themselves up properly, these long boring fights are going to be a PITA, but it's temporary.
    Raff likes this.
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

What do you mean by pretty good DPS class well outfitted? What potency etc? Well geared in CD was 95k+ potency. Only asking because my BL has breezed through it still wearing her CD raid gear (105k pot) but my brigand has been putting on all new gear and she's sitting about 82k pot and she takes waaaay longer to kill stuff. Not half an hour though... So maybe there's some potency mit on the mobs too.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A lot of the Solo instance mobs are healing or siphoning heals, which makes it harder to kill the boogers. On my CD-raid geared warlock, I can pull 15 or 20 or so at a time and AOE them down in about 30 minutes. On other toons, I have to just pull one or at most two mobs and make sure I obliterate the healer first if possible. I have NOT replaced my CD gear other than for a couple of pieces of jewelry yet, because the Solos have no Resolve reqs, and I'm hoping to get into Mastercrafted gear before Heroics.

One of the big problems I have going into new expansions is that my AOE classes have been used to pulling the whole zone and blowing up at once and have to readjust expectations.

Of course, going by the Update Notes for today, healers were getting a worse deal and something has been adjusted to make it less painful for them.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

A solo zone should take solo amount of time, especially if it's part of the signature line. I should never spend more than two minutes on any mob, five at the outset on bosses, but really three-four mins. The reason there are heroic zones is for the longer fights that take a group. Please fix the zone. If it's meant to be only done at level 120 after you've done every other quest in the game, I wonder about the rationale.
    Cataclysm, Juraiya and Argosunited like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Being lvl 120 doesn't make them go any faster.
  11. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

The zones after the patch seem MUCH better. Thanks for the quick fix.
    Soara2 and Mermut like this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

Oh how glad I am that I'm not going to be doing BoL instances for a long time--if ever. I learned my lesson in PoP when I slugged through the solo instances, with priests, and then got absolutely no xp credit, for the instances, because of the double-double xp bug.

But I admire all you people who struggle on. I'd have been out of that dungeon within 5 minutes of hitting my head against a stone wall. I did that with the prelude quest and have never looked back. Life is too short to spend it trying to kill overpowered mobs with a priest.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

uumm,.. wait,.. they actually already do.
    the RAIDers whine about "it is not a challenge, waaaaaHHH!"
    so DBG makes all the zones Raid-esk, mysterious (to us) scripts on the yard trash, and epic uber Bosses, so that tiny minority can be satiated.

as opposed, of course, to correctly balancing the Classes to work together.

They just tried to make everyone CASTERS with that assention* crap, refusing said Class Balance; balance, as defined by a Tank, DPS melee(Scout,) Healer, and DPS caster working together, using their SPECIFIC strengths to defeat x, y, or z beasties,...

*typo intentional
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I appreciate the change. I do wonder, though that different archtypes have different hard cap numbers in solo instances... meaning, by design priests (and presumably tanks) are 'required' to spend more time per solo instance than mages and scouts.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

LOL I agree ;)
  16. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Ok, I haven't logged in yet today but I can assure you once through the Sanctus Seru zones for the sig line I won't be doing them again. I did beta and didn't like them there either, too many groups, adds etc. The zones aren't fun only a necessity.
  17. Bianqa BIANQA - Fury Halls of Fate

Much better today. Still challenging but I don't feel the need to walk away anymore. Thank you !!
    Soara2, Siren and NrthnStar5 like this.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes and yes, their notion of balance is so broken that we had often : almost immune tank (hig mit, one hundred temp, avoidance), doing more damage than predators and sometimes out-healing the healer.

And now I read that a warlock can pull 20-30 mob and survive during the 20mn needed to aoe them, that is 100% broken, and later she wrote that her healer pull them by 1-2 --> 1000% broken.

And as Feldon wrote Ascension was a wicked and " genius" idea from Archlich Smokejumper the corrupted, the idea was to suck as much dollar as possible by going berzerk into pay to win mechanics. We probably got GM research and Ancient at the same time.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note that the warlock in question is in CD raid gear, fully infused, and has the Golden Inquisitor merc, fully levelled and well-geared, healing her. None of the mobs (not really even the names) in BoL seem to be doing much damage, so long as you cure detriments promptly. They just have improbably large amounts of hit points.
    Raff likes this.
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ah HA!
    soooo,.. while discarding the in-majority casual player, DBG does cater to the RAIDers,... my. what. a. shocking. surprise.