BoL Solo Instances ...really??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bianqa, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Bianqa BIANQA - Fury Halls of Fate

As a healer I am at @5 min per kill in Sactus Seru solo instances for the Sig Line. My pot is @80K. At this rate that's @ 5-6 hours to finish the first solo instance to progress through. I know you DPS classes are finding it a lot easier so keep your opinions kind. Also, I'm told resolve is not an issue in these zones. At almost 3000R I'm having no trouble staying alive, it's just the ridiculously overtuned HP rate of the mobs in the zones that are killing it for me. I did beta on a DPS toon and had no such issues. Can't we please get an adjustment on these HP's?

/pulls waaambulance away from forum doors.
    Soara2, EQ_Jack, Kalika and 6 others like this.
  2. Suidakra Active Member

Wowzers. I spent 3 hours getting to, killing, and moving on from the first named. I gave up and had to have a guildy come in with their SK. It's embarrassing how much faster they went through the content of the whole zone vs what I spent just getting past first named. Just ridiculous.
    Soara2 and Lateana like this.
  3. Lanatir Member

You are not alone with your problems. i do play a dps class (necromancer) and i still need 3 minutes to kill a single mob. my stats are about the same as yous, more than 80k pot, more than 3k resolve. i gave up on that instance. i dont see myself doing that signature line anytime soon.
    Cataclysm and Lateana like this.
  4. Suidakra Active Member

I'm a channeler with about 102k potency at the moment.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since there are several threads with this same complaint, here's my answer from another of these threads:

(1) What quality are your Ascensions? If they are all Apprentice, upgrade them. Illegible Scroll pages for the Adepts are usually available on the broker at more or less reasonable prices. A Sage can do a Journeyman with common materials and a Planar Energy. The Adept needs common materials, the Illegible Scroll page, and a Planar Energy. An Expert needs a Casiun Root, common mats, and a Planar Energy.

Master Illegible Scroll pages do show up on the broker, at varying prices, but of course they're more expensive. If you get the master, the Sage can then make that one up, and using a Celestial Spellshard or a Celestial Foundation (plus the requisite Planar Energy for fuel) can get you to Grandmaster.

(2) None of your orange adorns are going to be useful in BoL zones. If you did pick up the new armor from Tishan's Lockbox, it may not have the best adorns on it. You need to look at your stats and see what your Potency is. You don't need Resolve for the solo stuff, but you must have Potency.

(3) Make sure to cure detriments ASAP, because they power drain or otherwise impact your ability to killify things. Use a healer merc that casts cures, carry cure potions, and use them.

(4) Don't pull big bunches of mobs if you can body pull just one or two instead. Adds on a name are gonna heal it, so get rid of the adds. Look for corners or nooks you can pull your mob into that will keep you away from random pathing NPCs (if you doon't let them add to the fight, it's easier!)

(5) Read the wiki's BoL information for the fight or zone(s) you have problems with. There may be some strat that you have not considered that will make a given fight easier.
    Breanna and kerry like this.
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

Sigridrifa,

While your posts are usually helpful. This has nothing to do with gear at all. This is the DPS gap between DPS and Non-dps finally showing its ugly head. Ascensions do not matter in these zones. In face they hit for about the same as ancient class abilities. (My eye shot ancience hits harder than my GM ascension) because they are nerfed in these zones.

Gear does not matter because the buff equalizes this. The crappier your gear the bigger your buff. You can zone in naked, get a bigger buff, then equip your armor and have almost 200k potency.....this changes nothing.

It comes down to the damage output of healers vs everyone else. Nothing else matters. We simply do not do the damage needed to do these solo zones because our dps has been ignored for so long.

As a reference...my 120 channeler with 190k pot and 5k CB (With buff) does 300m dps.

I had to box a beastlord and it still took me an hour.
  7. Lanatir Member

the fights are not hard. they are just LONG. mindnumbingly boring long.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you Vunder for your clarity. Quite refreshing actually.
    Breanna, Soara2, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

It was every bit as difficult to start in CD the first day....same with PoM. People have amazingly short memories.
    dngrmse and Dude like this.
  10. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I have a few assumptions.

1. These fights were designed by the same Dev who designed the PoP TS sig line.
    2. They are trying to bring back the nostalgia of the EQ1 Luclin expac. I was raiding, full time for that. Everything had exponentially higher AC and resists.
    3. Not really an assumption - this was Beta tested with orange adornments.
    Soara2, Argosunited and Lateana like this.
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

the POINT is, I am assured(or at least that I would make), is that one expects to ENJOY the content they PAID for; NOT spend the next year in hard labor, to in the final days of (next)December finally complete the last item/armor/set/collection/etc. where one can at last, go into the content and enjoy any strategies/scenery/story without said "hard labor" only to have the NEXT expansion release do EXACTLY. THE. SAME. THING,.... hard labor for the next twelve months.
    The skills/gear/character we spent time developing are expected to be useful to us going forward; not be stripped down to our skivvies to do it all over again.
    Soara2, Cataclysm, AOE1 and 8 others like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Just like last year when it started off way over tuned and then got tuned down. Give it a couple weeks before pulling out the pitchforks and torches.
    Breanna and kerry like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

The zones are not hard. And it never, ever took any of my healers 5+ minutes to kill TRASH.
    This is not how the zones were in beta.. when, in theory, they would be testing things and finding a balance.
    It isn't even how the zones were, on live, on Tuesday morning.
    They changed something, mid-day, that massively increased the mobs combat mit.
    Soara2, Cataclysm, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

OMG...I suck on the 1rst day of gameplay!! Really?
    Dude likes this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Enjoyment is relative to the player. No way any game company is ever going satisfy everyone. Judging game play on the 1rst day is asinine. Give them time to work things out.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Without feedback they won't know what to fix. This is a real problem which needs to be addressed ASAP.
    Soara2, Rifuul, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  17. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

LOL...no it wasn't. Not like this.
    Soara2, Cataclysm, AOE1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

the REMOVAL of one's Orange adornments is not a "tuning" issue, it is an arbitrary decision.
    Soara2, Cataclysm and Rhodris like this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Yes, it was.

Sorry the game has gotten too difficult for you.
    dirgenoobforreal and Dude like this.
  20. Chrol Developer

Basepop defense has been set back to what it was at launch yesterday. Only hp is a bit higher now.
    Breanna likes this.