BoL Solo Instances ...really??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bianqa, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

Please...Beta's iron out major problems and subsequent updates following the launch takes care of tweaks in every single launch of every single game on the planet. Do any of you people ever play anything else?
  2. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

You are right, but let's extend your logic. If a healer requires a dps to come into the solo zone to make the zone clear time reasonable, let's up the damage and control effects on the mobs so that a dps/tank requires a healer in solos. Then you would get to experience the frustration as well.
    Juraiya, Tkia, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  3. Tadinya New Member

Yes actually. I have played almost every PC MMORPG that has come out in the past 20 years. I played EQ1 (I also guided in EQ1), EQ2, WOW, UO, DoD, Half Life, Diablo (all of them) NwN, LotR, AC, DaoC, D&DO, SWG, just far too many to name. Before that I played MUDs. I am a very massive gamer. My grown kids are now gamers, my husband is a gamer. I met him through a game actually.

This. Is. Broken.

The zone shouldnt be a breeze for DPS and super f**king hard for everyone else. That is not balanced. All anyone is asking is that the zone not be a massive time sink for non DPS. I dont usually get involved in forums or such in games, I just play and suck it up and wait. But this is different. This seems to have been pushed out too fast. They did an update while I was logged off inside the instance yesterday. I logged back in and got a new buff and 3 new quests. The buff SEEMED to help, but the reality is it just didnt. It took 65 mins for me to kill the 2nd boss. I could have gone afk and let my merc solo them and come back in 3 hours and MAYBE they would be dead. I dont know my stats but I had all Panda gear (with some upgrades from the quest rewards prior to zone) plus my merc was almost fully trained with dragon loot.

It's funny cause I've always rolled my eyes at people screaming BALANCE!! You dont really understand until you live it with a char. I have 2 other 110's (both DPS - Wiz and ***) that I am going to try out in there.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

My experience with games is quite similar to that of Tadinya though my grown daughter is not a gamer. Unless you count dabbling in AD&D.

There is room for games where group role is the important thing and some classes solo relatively weakly. DAOC had that for some classes. EQ had that. EQ2 has always had a bit of that - compare a solo necromancer and a solo guardian or templar. One purpose of introducing and focusing on mercenaries was to make any class able to solo effectively. Granted there were other purposes such as adding another sellable thing to the store and making the content easy to get through quickly and easily to get new characters to high levels. For those that weren't looking for a challenge earlier on.

But after quite a few years of that it is a bit too late to go back to "some classes can solo fast and easily and some can do it taking endless time and frustration". People have a lot of time, effort and in some cases money invested in characters in classes they never would have picked back in the day. A priest or warrior with a decent mercenary should be able to handle this content without *that* much more difficulty than a dps. I have never done it - just came back less than a week ago - but from all I read Tadinya and others that posted earlier in this thread have a point.
    Soara2 and Lateana like this.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

And so what is your point there ?

Why would healers take 3-4 more time to run a SOLO zone ?

If mobs were doing actual damage and if mercenary hps was not largely over mob dps things would be quite different.

I remember ages ago, when the game was not critically broken, when questing scout or mages near me were not really going much faster , a single add and they may had to yell/evac or even die. They had downtime and had to wait for abiliies to be up.

We asked and asked again a real dps stance, that stance will be long to switch or may be it would be only in group of size 2 or less ... and it should cut hps by 2 and increase dps by 2. Otherwise you could introduce mercenaries with actual dps or able to tank. During ToV Daeron never hold agro and his dps was maybe 1/4 of my warden one, lord and lady were premium only, non healer mercenaries were so bad that i usually ran with Stomper or Rafik for free cures (their hps on the parse was inexistant) ..,. stomper sometimes did verdcit (usually on adds on not on the boss) and raffik was funny. I tried rare mercenaries and some from instance crate, none ever did more than 1/4 of my dps.

The problem is that dps-bot cannot understand the situation, the funny consequence is to see people begging for priests all the time to do actual content. It's not a problem specific to Eq2, on Wow 15 years ago my huntress paid for my holy priest mount, and it took like 4-10 time longer(than my huntress) for my dwarft dude to do his quests. And well Wisedumb the silly dwarft usually received 100 tell to group on login.

Indeed wow was worstthan Eq2 since changing aas (holy->shadow) costed a lot of money and you had to go to down and redo each time your aa-tree. That and the toxic kiddish community made me quit Wow.
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

Oh I like this. I like this alot. Make them merc free zones so they HAVE to get a healer. As healers, we all know how big of a 2 year old cry baby DPS can be. I want..WANT..to see the outcome of that.
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Crayons New Member

I was able to clear through the sig line in 2 hours hit 120 as a mystic i just mass pulled and one shot everything with GM acensions...... not to hard, Named fights were a few min long but if i timed all my acensions/class temps i blew right through the bosses.
    Raff likes this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

It is literally the 3rd day of an xpac launch. Chill...all will be sorted out soon.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

See, I'm having the same kind of experience on my defiler. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is there are lot of healers that didn't ( or don't ever) work on their DPS. They just raid and .....heal. No dps.

For many healers running mostly advanced heroics & experts in CD? Any added dps to to the overall zone is just gravy on top of the damage total. So a lot of us really worked on getting our dps up...and it is paying off in this xpac.
    Crayons likes this.
  10. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Couple things.

One, from what I hear, when the expac first dropped the mobs were not beefed up. Apparently, there was some change. Have you gone back through everything Crayons?

Second, for those who know me - I think they will agree that I know how to dps as a healer lol. So, I think it is tough to say that it is merely people not knowing how to dps.
  11. Kittik Well-Known Member

YES! I completely agree with you here. 1000%!!

Healers take 5 hours but life.
    Tanks take 2 hours and it's either 50/50 they live or die.
    DSP take 10 mins, but die 99% of the time.

It's supposed to be a group game!!
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Crayons New Member

Yes i have been running solos non stop every single one possible, and i was in all CD gear for the whole sig line, after i finished i started to infuse and put on the new 155 resolve gear and it got easier from there, the only time I run into an issue with a named dying slow really is when im not paying attention and they have they 1000% dmg reduction buff up or something to do strat wise..
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

And what about the ordinary player who has only expert or lower ascensions? You know, the ones who don't raid or PTW.
    Soara2, Juraiya and Kalika like this.
  14. Cataclysm Active Member

The time it's taking to kill named mobs in solo instances is already turning people away from the game. They are taking MASSIVELY too long to kill. Yet the latest patch makes them do more damage? what!?
    Soara2, Lateana and Juraiya like this.
  15. Crayons New Member

I came back to live after a 4-5 year break in the end of September, I did not P2W and was able to get everything at least GM, I did raid but not enough to make a HUGE difference, I'm not saying anything negative I was just simply stating how my clear through was as a Mystic. A priest buff would not bother me any and it looks like it is happening right now for the update!

ZONES/POPULATION
    Blood of Luclin [Solo] instances
    • Priests will now inflict more damage against NPCs.
    • All NPCs now inflict slightly more damage via a buff called "Prismatic Aura." This does not apply to NPCs within Shining Mesa Stronghold.
  16. Cataclysm Active Member

No was never as bad as this at all. No expac has been.
    Lateana likes this.
  17. Cataclysm Active Member

Anyone that thinks taking 30m to kill a named in a solo instance on day 1 or day 100 really is toeing the party line.
    Lateana, Juraiya and Tkia like this.
  18. Cataclysm Active Member

I'm a games developer who has worked on MMOs and cRPGS, you should not allow something as serious as this to get past beta. This is well beyond "tweaking"
    Lateana, Juraiya, Svenone and 2 others like this.
  19. Tadinya New Member

There is always dissension when people scream balance and stuff, but these zones are supposed to be solo experiences, you would think they would scale to your class if that is the case? Not lets make the zone *THIS* hard and f**k the non DPS if they cant fight ****. All that does is encourage people to not play the class that has the problems. Hence the low population of tanks/healers. Everyone wants to 'blow **** up'. Its the mentality. The population that actually wants to spend 10 hours soloing an instance is small, but we also don't want to necessarily play DPS classes. And this isnt about your class, its about the ZONE.

I know as an Inquisitor it takes me longer to kill stuff. I totally get that. But over an hour to fight one boss?? What if I want to pee! The answer isnt let my merc solo the mob and step away from the PC.

On another point, in that particular instance, there are mobs up high that pepper you with arrows, if I didnt have a merc, how the f**k would I get them down? I have run half way across the zone to try and drag them and they wont move.

That zone is all kinds of messed up.
    Lateana, Juraiya and EQ_Jack like this.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

If you really really loved EQ2, your Ascensions would be American Express quality.
    Cataclysm, Finnwizz, Lateana and 5 others like this.