BoL Solo Instances ...really??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bianqa, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think I also mentioned that my non-raid toons were pulling no more than 1-2 at a time. Just because you raid doesn't mean ALL your toons are raid geared.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

BoL is, by far, the worst expansion of them all. Boring, tedious, unimaginative, and grindy with the one sole purpose to get you and your wallet into the cash shop.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  3. Titania New Member

So I went in today on my warden to see for myself. I started sometime just after 11 a.m. and finished around 4 p.m. with a small 15 min for food. I started timing things on the golem boss (forget his name). I engaged him at 11:47 and killed him at 12:25. I have the BoL trunk gear with a couple of upgrades from loot/TS quests and am by no means a stellar player. I knew it was going to take me a while but...oy. Besides the sheer amount of time I think I was most peeved that by the end of it, only 1 thing dropped that I can use AND I was only able to get 15/16 of the rangers required to complete the other quest. i cleared the zone, ran into every possible nook and cranny using track, detect stealth/invis and nothing. Bleh. I even tried running up into the trees. All the trees. That being said I am 120 after turning the main quest and Thistle quests in. I just don't have that kind of time to clear the zone another day for that stupid ranger!
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Woot golden stomper .. stomper was the only usefull healer for my warden, may be due to Tenacity (did he had group version?) but mainly for free cure and verdict, wish he had known that verdicting the trash or adds is silly ;-)

And i Guess that there is no Golden Warlock mercenary to go with your healer ;-)

Mercenaries got introduced because dps classes were super weak solo, back in DoV days i was soloing chief rygorr in quested gear, my ranger friend in hard mode raid gear could not, he too him to 20% or 10$ in a few seconds and died ;-) .

So they gave to dps bot a curer and a weak healer.

This totally broke healers, adv solo was tuned according to healer dps, do dps classes more or less 1 shooted anything and bypassed all script.

If mercenaries would be remove people will need priest to run adv solo and so it would be much better.
  5. Euredia Member

Hi,

I agree, as a Pally, it is taking me an hour to kill Mogglu the Mad. Zero damage to me but basically I can stand there and do more damage then pushing a button. This isnt fun, it is extremely stupid and poor development.
    Cataclysm and Soara2 like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

uumm,.. wait,..? is not that the part where one puts their character on auto-attack and goes and gets a cup of freshly brewed coffee?
    Juraiya, Cataclysm and Ashandra like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I guess you only need so many cups of coffee per instance. Lol.
  8. Cataclysm Active Member

No they aren't, but I happen to be. Why does it surprise you that other games developers may play EQ2 as if they have said they are astronauts?
    Yes mileage does vary, but there is undeniably a very large amount of people struggling. Unsympathetic uber egos will not change that.
    Lateana and Tkia like this.
  9. Chrol Developer

*whispers* Just reduced HP on all solo mobs...
    Now back to my winter ale...
    Happy Holidays!
    Natalie, Breanna, Soara2 and 11 others like this.
  10. Cataclysm Active Member

You know, that would do the trick. It would have to be quite a massive reduction though. Not just 50%.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Is it really that bad for the other priests? It takes me 20-30 seconds to kill a boss as an Inquisitor.
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Or the EQ2 priests could do the scripts... I have no idea how it takes a priest 10 minutes to kill a named or how any class cant chain pull massive packs and aoe them down. BL, Conj and channeler ive done it with so far and they are all 120 now and didnt die once and trash just melts

A lot of eq2 players in 2019 have a whole lot of learn to play to do instead of the usual forum whine when things isnt tank and spank.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

On Tuesday night, it was really really bad. Toons that in beta and that morning had no problems were taking 20+ minutes on groups of trash.
    After Chrol set things back to how they'd been the morning of launch it was fine.
  14. Taemien Member

Vault of Sshraeshza (Solo) doesn't have this fix. Ruins of Sshraeshza was perfect though.
    Carynn likes this.
  15. Euredia Member

Hi,

Honestly, at this point I could if I really wanted to but I was curious if I did nothing and just sat there would I do damage and eventually kill it, yup. I get making the bosses a bit tougher, should be that way, but the fact is that if you make it so there isnt a point to the fight then why even have the zone other then to just waste time and make it take longer for solo adventures? It seems that DB wanted to make it that you spend time which generates funds in the back end, just a poor way of doing it.
  16. Euredia Member

Hi,

What would help folks is understanding your method of play and what you have done rotation wise etc so that others can learn, it helps more then degrading.
  17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Time Sink(™) by Ronco!

Also, not sure if this an appropriate place to open this other can of worms,....
    but,...
    do the Heroics have any plunderables? anyone know? or are they lacking as was in the entire CD expansion?
    cellinaire likes this.
  18. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

what? actually have a prideful RAIDer humble themselves to teach others?!
    :D you got Jokes! :D

But, Yes Euredia, I completely agree with you, as I have long stated in my signature, the expectancy of the Strong,...
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you check the BoL Achievements in your Journal, you will see that there is in fact an Achievement for plundering something out of all the dungeons. I haven't examined it in depth yet because I'm still finishing the sig line on my main.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

*prostrates herself in abject gratitude*

I came back to see Luclin, not expecting a raid fight in every solo. Thank you for not making it so.

I think the biggest cut for me is the loss of Celestial Gate which tended to end long fights, I think that's why PoM didn't seem that bad to me even in the beginning. I missed CD, so if there's a way to make that ability innate, I wouldn't know. Please tell me.

My lock's potency is indeed 93k so if that's the trick, it will be a while before I can manage something better. Before this change, my husband and I did both Echelon zones together because I had tried them and they took me... way too long. Even with two of us, and not counting time to figure out the chronosphere thing (which wasn't in the wiki back then), Divinity was 3.5 hours, Lock and Inq.

Hey did you notice that if you die, you have to wait until you complete a quest to get rid of the debt? Used to be, you kill 10 or so mobs and it's gone. Is that intended?