Blue token system flawed (IMO)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Pipsissiwa, May 3, 2013.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It sounded like a definite drop for each run of a zone.

10 is an absurd number for drops. Repeating that zone could easily give a person a few hundred coins in a week.

SLR is something they're trying to eliminate.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

You call someone a troll and expect them not to get upset about it? I'd hate to see what you say when you do mean to insult someone. 1 coin every 90 minutes is still more than you get for doing the apprentice. There will come a point in time where leveling a new alt to get more coins from doing the questline isn't going to be an option. How about saying "Thank you devs, for considering that some crafters are also adventurers and enjoy another avenue for earning coins that will cut back on our very long wait for gear" instead of "ITS NOT ENOUGH!!!!" /sigh
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I see it the other way around. They're gracious enough to give adventurers more ways to earn coins, since they're the ones that actually use the gear.
  4. Venomizer Member

first of all i never called you anything, i asked if you were doing something.

second it was tongue in cheek, it wasnt an accusation.

you are wrong on both namecalling and tone. which you used as justification to "get upset".

im not afraid of someone expressing their thoughtful views. and im not too shy to share mine. My viewpoint is perfectly valid and i wont be shamed or bullied into yours. Mocking my viewpoint "ITS NOT ENOUGH!!!" and "/sigh" arent intellectual based arguments. they are emo based tactics. i see them and wont allow them power.

i believe i have already given a few of the salient reasons i dont think its enough. i got no problem with you dropping it, but i do have a problem with you basically calling me out (and disrespecting my viewpoint). i can tolerate flaws in you if you can tolerate flaws in me.
    Balbasur likes this.
  5. brokenshieldd Active Member

Ok now its time for me to pipe in on this. I have been thinking about this as well. And some people want more than 1 of the new blue tokens for a reward. I have a idea that could make some people happy and just right out make others upset.

Why not give out 10 of the new blue tokens for doing the Old Crafting instances? I don't think those zones get use any more. And those can only be done one time a day.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I could see having one on the loot table for the chest, but not 10. It is more work, but it's very trivial work that already has a decent reward attached.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Maybe a random 3-5 range added to the existing loot table and give players an or option. (IOW, they get the coins or the current reward, and if they choose the coins, each time it is a random number between and including three and five - if that clarifies it any.)
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  8. Ranga Active Member

i have been itching to start crafting this fabled stuff. I worked it out today that I would need to spend either 1250p on brokered items or do 500 advanced solo zones to make a SINGLE piece of this stuff?

I'm not that hard up of things to do lol. I probably just won't bother :( which is a shame.

There are many things they could do to fix this e.g. more coins, longer lockout to stop the farming or even drop the items in the adv solo zones too.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Seeing the sub-bosses drop blue coins instead of obol would be nice.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I was referring to the old Mara crafting instances (Shipyard, Portal Repair, etc.) . So instead of the books they drop, people could choose blue coins instead, then it generates 3-5 (random) of them as loot - giving people a different route to get the coins, but not at a rate that would award stuff too fast.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Oh. That works too.
  12. Nebula Member

1. The Carpenter recipes are too expensive. 'Nuff said.

2. I cannot believe I just spent an hour refining, crafting and experimenting on the first 95 apprentice recipe to make Visionary Azure Bracers of the Mountain that are WORSE than the level 90 Reinforced Bracers of the Mountain.
    Seriously, I am staggered that the Crit Bonus, Defense, Deflection, Parry and Mitigation are LOWER. That the block chance is only equal. And that "Battlefield Command" is nowhere near a decent replacement for "Honed Reprisal". Plus, no multi attack or DPS! The only thing that is better is the str & sta (and pot) - that hardly compensates for the loss of 50+ mitigation, let alone all the other minuses.

The basic recipes, with refined rares, should have been marginally better than anything legendary at 95. After experimentation much better. The Tempered stuff should have been AMAZING considering the time and effort that someone has to put in to gather all the ingredients & make them.

So, I checked out the charms on the broker. Now I am a super casual player and very slack about upgrading but I'm already running my monk with better legendary drops in the charm slots than these recipes, and I haven't even been to Siren's Grotto (advanced solo) yet!
    If a super-slacker like me is already better equipped - what does that say about the desirability of these items?!?

I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE RECIPES.
  13. Lordtomcat Member

Doesn't really matter if its flawed or not it isn't equal to the old underdepths raid researcher gear. Wool pulled over our eyes again I think not. so you don't have the numbers to run stuff like the heroics or raid in cobalt and it will take u a year before u can gather enough stuff to make ..don't fret it isn't worth it anyways!!!!
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

The recipes we can make with bits from heroic content shouldn't be better then gear we can make from raid content. That being said, the fabled crafted bits should be at least comparable to the legendary faction bits, especially since it's easier to gather the bits to buy the faction gear then it is to get the bits for the new crafted gear. Sadly, even refined + visionary isn't as good as the steward gear.
  15. Lordtomcat Member

Yes but you must agree the newer heroic zones are harder then the older sky shrine raid and it is newer content which in any MMO I ever played is for better gear (improvements) So like I said not worth it , No need to even run the new zone why waste the time for no reward?
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think the idea was to keep steward gear relevant. That's why obol are being rewarded on quests and kills.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even if the new crafted tempered gear was better then the steward gear, steward gear would still be relevant because so few slots have tempered peices.
    My point is that tempered gear is harder to get the materials on many levels: all 5 of the heroic dropped bits, burning enough rares to get the refined rare and finally spending the time to experiment on it 5 times to make it visionary. And when you've gone through all that time and effort (more then is needed for steward gear) your result is something that is inferior to steward gear.
    In the number of runs it would take to get the components for a single piece of tempered gear, a person can easily get enough obols and spirits for several pieces of (superior) steward gear.
    That makes me wonder what the point of making the tempered gear is. The only one that looks even mildly interesting is the tank charm. The rest of the pieces are.. uninspiring.. at best.
    Nebula likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

yes you can
    Pipsissiwa likes this.